M210 / Cendence (GL800A) Sitck Not Centered Error
14056 12 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GSGloor
lvl.1

United States

I just received a new M210 package with the Cendence R/C.   When the RC is powered on it immediately starts beeping and the screen says "Stick Not Centered".  The beening cannot be shut off and the error message never is removed from the screen (very annoying) .  After updating the R/C and M210 to the current firmware and loading the latest DJI Go4. It turns out the issue is not with a stick but the left gimbal wheel.  It seems to be registering full down when in fact it is physically centered from the spring-loaded wheel.  The wheel feels to operate properly.    When connected to the M210 with an X5S, the camera tilts fully down to the hard limit and I get a gimbal limit reached error.    I attempted controller calibration, the stick movement registers during this process but not the wheel movement (either wheel).  As a result, the "Finish/Done"  button never is enabled to complete the calibration.   

Is there a hard / factory reset I can do the Cendence.  The unit is unusable in this condition, right out of the box.  Very disapointing....

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Greg

2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Greg, we are so sorry for the trouble caused, is that possible to take a short video about the calibration process?
Do you mean when you move the gimbal wheel on the left and right side, there is no any input in the APP right?
Besides, can you please post the screenshot of the gimbal limit reached error?
Thanks for your time.
2017-11-24
Use props
GSGloor
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-24 02:22
Greg, we are so sorry for the trouble caused, is that possible to take a short video about the calibration process?
Do you mean when you move the gimbal wheel on the left and right side, there is no any input in the APP right?
Besides, can you please post the screenshot of the gimbal limit reached error?

I will attempt to capture the videos.  In the Crystal skyApp when you start the calibration, the horizontal indicator for the wheel has all blue to the left of center.  As if the knob is turned fully CCW.  When you attempt to move full CW it minimally shows movement back to center.  Then it completely disappears all together then there is no blue feedback for the wheels at all.  The sticks show feedback for all movement but that’s it, because the calibration process never sees the full range of the wheel.   Wondering if this is a hardware issue with the wheel sensor.  Thank you for responding , hope there is some way to fix without having to return it, but not looking good so far.  
2017-11-24
Use props
Ironhyde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152917 ft
United States

Did you get a resolution? We are having the same issue with the cendence controller. Can not do anything, it just says "STICK NOT CENTERED" on display and wont get out of that? I was looking to find a hard reboot also, but have not found any way to get out of that command, it will not connect to aircraft or anything.
2017-12-4
Use props
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

Hi guys, i have a similar error whit my cendence.
2018-1-6
Use props
GSGloor
lvl.1

United States

A follow-up to original post...

I was only able to solve the issue by having the Cendance replaced.   It was done through the reseller, who got a replacement from DJI.  

I was able to fly buy starting a stick calibration process then aborting it after I started to move the sticks.   This quieted the beeping and cleared the error on the Cendance, and allowed it to be used normally.   The pitch wheel did not work (as that was the thing that was detected as not centered).  But I could control the pitch with the long tap on the screen in DJI GO.  This was a pain as you have to do a calibration every time you start the controller to shut up the beeping.  But it was helpful until I got it swapped out.
2018-1-12
Use props
djiuser_vXAKgapXmNcH
New

United States

I had the same thing!  Wento into the Go app and re-calibrated and seems to work now.  Freaked me out when it happened!! hoping it won't happen again!
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Tangaroa Posted at 2018-1-6 13:23
Hi guys, i have a similar error whit my cendence. [view_image]

hi,

same problem here... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1195566
When will new firmware be available to unlock the calibration issue?
2018-2-14
Use props
fansbe39467f
New
Flight distance : 200 ft
India

Hi Nirun from India. I've switched on my inspire 2 I have already connected with cendance. But now its  showing warning like stick not centered  but it's in the center only.
15250644720841004317007.jpg
2018-4-29
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Same issue.
I had to turn on/off the Cendence many time before beeping stops.
2018-6-7
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

Tangaroa Posted at 2018-1-6 13:23
Hi guys, i have a similar error whit my cendence. [view_image]

How did you get to this screen?  It does not appear to be an option for me...and I'm having the STICKS NOT CENTERED error happening now.  Can't find the screen that shows what my sticks are doing.  

I'm currently using a Matrice 210, Cendence with CrystalSky.

Any help would be appreciated!
2018-6-28
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Drone Jones Posted at 2018-6-28 06:53
How did you get to this screen?  It does not appear to be an option for me...and I'm having the STICKS NOT CENTERED error happening now.  Can't find the screen that shows what my sticks are doing.  

I'm currently using a Matrice 210, Cendence with CrystalSky.

Hi Drone Jones,
To get to that screen, you click on the N/A button on the top of the screen, click on the remote controller pictogram, choose "Remote Controller Calibration" go down and press "Calibrate".
do 2-3 the calibration and press "Done"
Your Cendence might be fine.

It worked for me.
2018-7-2
Use props
Drone Jones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87149 ft
United States

I was able to figure out how to fix my issue.  I never did receive that same screen through DJI Go 4 app (which is what I need to use since I have a dual gimbal setup).  I had to go into DJI Go app, to get to that Remote Controller Calibration menu.  Once I did that, I've used DJI Go 4 as usual, and haven't had the Centered Stick issue since.  Why I don't see that in DJI Go 4, I don't know.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules