Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-1 11:27
Typical response from would be moderator - if someone is having an issue and you have nothing constructive to add, then let DJI answer the concern. Rather than insult and claim people have thier foot in thier mouth

Not a would be moderator, just trying to help others where I can and learn from others, this forum is about debate not who’s wrong or right not about disrespecting others opinion , but accepting that after much debate they’re is much diverse opinion, and we will all live to fight another day.
2017-12-1
Use props
SunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Yikes... I have a Spark on order now.... Gonna be ordering OTG wire and prop guards soon. Still sounds good for my droid. least I keep wifi video. Do I have to be in airplane mode to start it? Should I be worried about losing features mentioned. NO!
2017-12-1
Use props
Lord-Maniac
lvl.1

United States

so everyone has been using it but now they are doing things to limit its performance or the video quality at distance ?

2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Lord-Maniac Posted at 2017-12-2 20:45
so everyone has been using it but now they are doing things to limit its performance or the video quality at distance ?

It was not deliberately removed but by accident in the current Android app version. I am sure that it will be fixed. In the meanime you should use the previous version. Download links are provided in many posts here.
2017-12-3
Use props
Lord-Maniac
lvl.1

United States

ok thanks so much for the info
2017-12-3
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

We don't know for sure it was accidentally removed or if it will be restored in future software versions - DJI has not made a statement one way or the other.

Others are just speculating it will be back in the next update
2017-12-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-3 10:37
We don't know for sure it was accidentally removed or if it will be restored in future software versions - DJI has not made a statement one way or the other.

Others are just speculating it will be back in the next update

If you would take the necessary time to read the threads carefully you would have read the clear statements too. But very obviously your motivation is of a different kind and you just try to keep a totally unnecessary hysteria cooking... Sorry for you, but you are wrong.
2017-12-3
Use props
julpap
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915 ft
Australia

Thankgod im using iOS for my spark. OTG works fine :-)
2017-12-3
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

Watchberger has no official capacity with DJI so his speculation is worth about as much as anyone else’s opinion.

Other than attacking others believing he is some sort of moderator - again he has no official knowledge or capacity to answer these issues

2017-12-3
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

As watchberger is unable to link to any specific statements presented by any official DJI representatives- take his opinion with a grain of salt

Or he might call you hysterical as personal attacks are his only fall back
2017-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-3 21:43
As watchberger is unable to link to any specific statements presented by any official DJI representatives- take his opinion with a grain of salt

Or he might call you hysterical as personal attacks are his only fall back

Maybe then you could enlighten us with your opinion, it’s very easy to be seen to continually be throwing stones, so it might be time for you let us all know what’s going to happen.

“The most self-absorbed people display an ironic pension for the smallest minds and the largest mouths.”
2017-12-4
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

To be fair the only mention from DJI was that OTG is not supported for the spark.
With all the threads regarding this topic I could very well have missed their response noting it was an error with OTG being removed for android users and that it will be corrected with the next app update.
If someone can post that information as a quote from DJI or link to their response noting it will be fixed in the next update should stop all the guesswork.
I look forward to reading their response.
2017-12-4
Use props
DarkOmegA
New
Flight distance : 18258 ft
Croatia

Thank you for this useful thread, I've been going crazy for a few days since I've gotten my Spark. I guessed that the OTG cable would be far superior when compared to WiFi and I was right. Everything was great, but then the telemetry didn't work, no info on the height, velocity or distance of the drone, my quickshots didn't work with the OTG cable, I'd select circle, the drone would perform a dronie, etc. Very weird stuff.

Today I googled a bit and found this thread, reverted to 4.1.15 and it is working like a charm now. Thank you for the suggestion guys!

I really hope DJI will fix this in the following update
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_jystNRi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5344 ft
Canada

Here are my observations from studying this issue:

1. My Spark flies way better with OTG cable than with WiFi. With WiFi I get random disconnects, often when the drone is right in front of me. With the OTG cable, I rarely get disconnects and the video transmission is much smoother.
2. It is curious that Elektra keeps telling users to use WiFi instead of OTG, when so many people have found OTG to be far superior. This is just DJI providing bad information. We know she is wrong. I assume she knows she is wrong. The question is why does DJI keep promoting WiFi for the Spark when so many users have found it to be consistently and dangerously unreliable.
3. It is interesting that DJI removed OTG compatibility from 4.1.18 at the exact same time that DJI released its dedicated Crystal Sky monitor. Perhaps it is a coincidence but, if so, it is a heck of a coincidence.
4. When people say that the removal of OTG compatibility was unintentional and will be corrected in an upcoming s/w release, I see absolutely no evidence for that proposition. DJI has never said it was unintentional, or that it would be corrected. The only definitive statements I have seen from DJI are that OTG is not supported and, stupidly, to use WiFi instead of OTG. From what I can tell, people making these bold propositions are just making them up or it is wishful thinking.
5. Having to surf forums for hacks, and to have to rollback s/w updates, in order to fly reliably is not what I expect from a consumer product. I'm a forum surfer, so I'm okay, but there must be so many people who are having problems with their Sparks and cannot figure out why.

In conclusion, I wish I had bought a Mavic, just because of the lack of reliability of the Spark. It's great when it works, but the connections between the various devices are just too unreliable. If and when DJI finally removes OTG compatibility for good, I will be afraid to fly my Spark because of the consistently crappy WiFi performance.
2017-12-4
Use props
DarkOmegA
New
Flight distance : 18258 ft
Croatia

djiuser_jystNRi Posted at 2017-12-4 06:28

1. My Spark flies way better with OTG cable than with WiFi. With WiFi I get random disconnects, often when the drone is right in front of me. With the OTG cable, I rarely get disconnects and the video transmission is much smoother.

If that was the case that the OTG functionality would be removed, I'd be outraged, but I think (well mostly hope actually) that it was indeed just an error and we'll get everything working with the next update

Also the reliability of OTG (when it is working) is several levels above the WiFi connection as everyone else has already stated. WiFi is not good enough for most tasks, Maybe a quickshot or something like that would work fine, but I wouldn't go back to WiFi.
2017-12-4
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Well i also rolled back to the  4.1.15 and i cleared the cash before removal and even cleared the data and uninstalled and installed the older version, i went out today to fly using the OTG but got signal loss many times and some lag in streaming which never happen before, i dont know if i did something wrong or what but i again reinstalled and did a fresh install i shall try tomorrow and see what is the problem.  
2017-12-4
Use props
Locationscout_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-12-4 08:19
Well i also rolled back to the  4.1.15 and i cleared the cash before removal and even cleared the data and uninstalled and installed the older version, i went out today to fly using the OTG but got signal loss many times and some lag in streaming which never happen before, i dont know if i did something wrong or what but i again reinstalled and did a fresh install i shall try tomorrow and see what is the problem.

Keep us updated. Thanks. What phone do you use?
2017-12-4
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Locationscout_B Posted at 2017-12-4 08:38
Keep us updated. Thanks. What phone do you use?

thanks i will indeed
using Samsung J5 pro  
2017-12-4
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

ArnoSpark Posted at 2017-12-4 08:46
thanks i will indeed
using Samsung J5 pro

In the EU, the most stable, reliable, least laggy and best featured platform now is a FCC hacked version  4.1.14/5 of the App, connected with a OTG.

2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_jystNRi Posted at 2017-12-4 06:28

So think about it.
Otg hasn’t been properly tested by dji, you now want them to tell you go ahead and use otg, so you have a crash lose your drone while using otg, who are you gonna blame, why would they hang themselves out to dry like this?

“A coincidence that this happened almost to the day they released CS”
This is not true, CS was released much earlier and in the advertising for C S dji have said they would issue a compatible otg for use with CS, CS has the same problems as android with regards to 2.4/5.8ghz it is after all an android device.

Some logical thinking will tell you that dji are not trying to brick otg, for instance why did they not do the same with iOS , if they were getting rid of otg surely they would not try to purposely annoy half of their customers, also customers are free to roll back software to earlier version .

I think we will see a proper tested and supported otg sometime soon but not until it is properly tested and approved, so we may have to wait, but better to wait for something that works correctly and won’t cause more problems, than a half baked option.

2017-12-4
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The Spark is not new, so there has been plenty of time for testing...and the current app debacle is half baked at best.

I'm not sure that your argument stacks up.

The DJI default position of "use WiFi" is not a holding position while they investigate, it's an instruction... If there is any information that contradicts this, please share it.

2017-12-4
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

No one can share any official post or statement regarding otg Android support, they are merely their own speculations.

When called on this some resort to personal attacks for some reason.

Until DJI issues a statement saying that otg will either be supported or not in the future - it is up to them. We know that the majority of spark users would like otg support as proven to be the number #1 issue in a recent poll on this forum.

So currently otg is still working for IOS, Crystal Sky, and only for Android if you downgrade with no official statement from DJI what the future of otg and the spark is.
2017-12-4
Use props
rxdeath
lvl.2
United States

i think anyone with half a brain can see it was deliberately removed, its been nearly 2 weeks, they could have fixed it by now if they wanted to.    or they could have removed the dreaded .18 version from the app store until they fixed the problems, as the 'update' wasn't worth the problems it caused.    or 'elektra' could have said 'we are very sorry for the accident, we are going to resolve the problems asap', then actually done it.  the reason they didn't kill it entirely is to be slick so they can claim it was a mistake,  but as time goes on im' sure more 'mistakes' will make it 100% unusable.  if it doesn't i beleive threads like this and from other people who refuse to sit and take it are what drove them to be accountable.

none of these things happened, all the dji sycophants keep ranting about the 'otg coming for other devices' -- it shows on the crystal sky monitor page as the 'promise to fix it'  but they are obviously mistaken.  i recommend you ignore the people who have been given the dji script to repeat back to forum users to legitimize dji's bait and switch.   it was quite clear this was the only real android option because their app is such garbage it's basically unusable and most of us would have returned it nearly immediately without OTG support, but now its' likely too late for us.  

i wonder how much they've driven up their crystal sky sales by this 'accident'.  typical chinese bs -- no response, no care, just give us your dollars asap.
2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rxdeath Posted at 2017-12-4 12:00
i think anyone with half a brain can see it was deliberately removed, its been nearly 2 weeks, they could have fixed it by now if they wanted to.    or they could have removed the dreaded .18 version from the app store until they fixed the problems, as the 'update' wasn't worth the problems it caused.    or 'elektra' could have said 'we are very sorry for the accident, we are going to resolve the problems asap', then actually done it.  the reason they didn't kill it entirely is to be slick so they can claim it was a mistake,  but as time goes on im' sure more 'mistakes' will make it 100% unusable.  if it doesn't i beleive threads like this and from other people who refuse to sit and take it are what drove them to be accountable.

none of these things happened, all the dji sycophants keep ranting about the 'otg coming for other devices' -- it shows on the crystal sky monitor page as the 'promise to fix it'  but they are obviously mistaken.  i recommend you ignore the people who have been given the dji script to repeat back to forum users to legitimize dji's bait and switch.   it was quite clear this was the only real android option because their app is such garbage it's basically unusable and most of us would have returned it nearly immediately without OTG support, but now its' likely too late for us.  

i wonder how much they've driven up their crystal sky sales by this 'accident'.

Again along with buddy above giving out totally wrong information. Otg with Crystalsky is not working properly, Crystalsky is an Android device and those owning me included are having similar problems.

You will find even most of the people on this thread are not listening to your ridiculous diatribe, these people know logic have sense and savvy, unlike you and your friend above.

There is nothing so ridiculous as a whiny person. We can have empathy for a person in deep emotional pain. But a whiny person who gets overwhelmed with perceived unfairness and acts like a two-year-old child who did not get his or her way—well, it can be difficult to relate to that type of person.”
2017-12-4
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It's not perceived unfairness.
£700 for a device which has an fpv range in the UK similar to that of a £50 is bordering on scandalous.

I've sold mine, at a loss of £200.

£700/£200 might not mean much to you, but it does to me.
2017-12-4
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
United States

Again when faced with facts - turn to personal attacks - offer no proof just personal attacks.

Crystal sky may be based on Android but it does not run the same version of Dji go that is in the play store for Android. Different releases but facts don't matter to those whose only response are personal attacks.

As I previously posted love the hardware, fun to fly but after spending a considerable amount of money it is not too much to expect a quality software experience and responsive customer service.

DJI didn't earn a 2.7/5 in the Google play store by putting out great software.
2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dansmar Posted at 2017-12-4 13:37
Again when faced with facts - turn to personal attacks - offer no proof just personal attacks.

Crystal sky may be based on Android but it does not run the same version of Dji go that is in the play store for Android. Different releases but facts don't matter to those whose only response are personal attacks.

Go back and read the thread I’ll quote, “Blind dji fan boys” maybe you should have followed your own advice, what goes around comes around.
If you expect people to be civil then you should treat them with civility.

What facts am I faced with that I don’t know?

My point was Crystalsky is Not working correctly with otg, so wrong information .

2017-12-4
Use props
rxdeath
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-4 12:18
i wonder how much they've driven up their crystal sky sales by this 'accident'.

Again along with buddy above giving out totally wrong information. Otg with Crystalsky is not working properly, Crystalsky is an Android device and those owning me included are having similar problems.

thank you for more useless blather, dji sycophant.  a simple post count shows pretty much just you and wacht are still trying to defend them after they clearly have hosed a large portion of their user base.  and it drove up sales of the CS because they did clearly state it WILL support otg, which is the not the same as saying they will support all android devices.

i wonder what they give you two in order to blindly ignore real posts regarding real issues for those of us that aren't blind dji fanboys.  constantly trying to downplay an issue that is the most important issue on this forum, even though many use ios and aren't affected.

you look much sillier than i, you and wacht just have to post on every thread in order to make yourselves look important, but really you are both nothing, just a couple fan boys desperate to kiss djis butt instead of admitting the real problem -- dji doesn't care about android users for whatever reason and purposely broke something they shouldn't have.  if they were so concerned about not supporting otg on spark, they should have made it that way from the beginning.   but they KNEW about the wifi problems and used this to lure us in.  typical bait and switch.

if anyone believes different, i have a nice bridge i'd like to sell you
2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rxdeath Posted at 2017-12-4 14:40
thank you for more useless blather, dji sycophant.  a simple post count shows pretty much just you and wacht are still trying to defend them after they clearly have hosed a large portion of their user base.  and it drove up sales of the CS because they did clearly state it WILL support otg, which is the not the same as saying they will support all android devices.

i wonder what they give you two in order to blindly ignore real posts regarding real issues for those of us that aren't blind dji fanboys.  constantly trying to downplay an issue that is the most important issue on this forum, even though many use ios and aren't affected.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

Take a look at the poll, 19 having a problem looks like the sky is gonna fall in any moment.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
2017-12-4
Use props
Niterider4
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-4 10:42
So think about it.
Otg hasn’t been properly tested by dji, you now want them to tell you go ahead and use otg, so you have a crash lose your drone while using otg, who are you gonna blame, why would they hang themselves out to dry like this?

First of all, I did not say I wanted DJI to tell me to go ahead and use OTG. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Second, everything you say would make perfect sense if flying OTG was more risky and dangerous than flying WiFi. The probably is that the opposite is true. If DJI wants people to crash and lose their drones, then they should keep telling people to fly WiFi.
2017-12-4
Use props
Niterider4
lvl.1
Canada

So think about it.

First of all, I did not say I wanted DJI to tell me to go ahead and use OTG. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Second, everything you say would make perfect sense if flying OTG was more risky and dangerous than flying WiFi. The probably is that the opposite is true. If DJI wants people to crash and lose their drones, then they should keep telling people to fly WiFi.
2017-12-4
Use props
Niterider4
lvl.1
Canada

So think about it.

2017-12-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

CabinPete Posted at 2017-12-4 02:48
To be fair the only mention from DJI was that OTG is not supported for the spark.
With all the threads regarding this topic I could very well have missed their response noting it was an error with OTG being removed for android users and that it will be corrected with the next app update.
If someone can post that information as a quote from DJI or link to their response noting it will be fixed in the next update should stop all the guesswork.

Dear Pete, it is good to see people like you who read carefully and try to understand like most of us do and, most importantly, use appropriate language to express their questions and concerns. Thank you very much for that! And this is the only way that a user forum can work to the benefit of all. Mutual respect and assisting each other. I am not in any other position than you are and can only collect information by reading carefully all posts on issues that I consider either relevant for myself or just interesting.
The OTG issue at stake is very relevant for me (like for many others) and therefore I have followed the discussions not only before the unfortunate Android version 4.1.18 has been released, but of course with even more attention since that date. By now there are some 20 - 30 seperate discussions on this very same topic in this forum. This indeed does not make it easy to follow a certain topic and get all relevant information.

Unfortunately certain persons do not care to stick to a discussion that is already in place but prefer to open not only one but several new discussions on the same topic and not based on any new information or substance but just with uninformed speculations. Not a very helpful approach in my opinion. And if you go to the user profiles of such forum members and have a look at all their posts made so far, you wont find hardly anything else than aggressive posts on the very same topic. No pictures or videos shared like most of us proudly do, no questions or assistance to other users, just nothing, nothing of this at all what makes a forum work well to the benefit of all. Isn't that telling by itself?

Now to come back to your specific request. I have done a quick search through the 20 - 30 discussions which all together amount to many hundreds posts. I have read clear statements made that OTG has not been deliberately removed with the latest update of DJI GO 4 and here I have collected just three DJI statements that hopefully help to clarify the situation (red underlines added by me):

Capture 1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 3.JPG
2017-12-4
Use props
rxdeath
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-4 15:01
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121396&fromuid=260008

Take a look at the poll, 19 having a problem looks like the sky is gonna fall in any moment.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 979&fromuid=1304051

or 150+, single most requested feature, far outweighing the weak poll you showed

i found a picture of wact and hall together, look like nice guys, very nice blinders:

'you're a dji fanboy and nothing you say matters'  
-- me, right now
2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Niterider4 Posted at 2017-12-4 15:23

Look you read this forum same as me dji are continually advising all not to use otg because they can’t stand over it, and until they can they will continue to use the same mantra.

What you want is the same as everyone wants that otg is tested supported and works with the app but we will have to wait to see if this is going to happen sooner or later. But one thing I do know dji won’t tell anyone or post anything until it is ready to go.
2017-12-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rxdeath Posted at 2017-12-4 15:38
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 979&fromuid=1304051

or 150+, single most requested feature, far outweighing the weak poll you showed

Exactly what people are trying to tell you support for OTG.

I take it you are the other end of the horse,
2017-12-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-4 15:51
Exactly what people are trying to tell you support for OTG.

I take it you are the other end of the horse,

Yes indeed, there are persons who have come here for nothing productive or helpful to others, which you can see from their posts record. This is so telling by itself...
2017-12-4
Use props
Niterider4
lvl.1
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-4 15:46
Look you read this forum same as me dji are continually advising all not to use otg because they can’t stand over it, and until they can they will continue to use the same mantra.

I know that OTG works. Everyone knows that OTG works. DJI knows that OTG works. I don't really care if OTG is tested and supported, because it works better than WiFi. That's all I really need to know.

What I want is for DJI to not remove the ability to use OTG so that I have to rollback to an earlier version of DJI Go just to be able to fly reliably and safely.

If DJI wants to put a "OTG not fully tested" disclaimer on the app, that's fine with me. But to remove the ability to use it, and thus force people to use the way crappier and less reliable WiFi, is irresponsible and irrational.
2017-12-4
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

It is sad to read so many negative comments but I think DJI should take some of the blame. It is obvious that there is an issue with the software. Why not put a sticky at the start of the forum explaining what the problem is (as they see it), what they are trying to do about it, and an estimate of when it may be fixed.

By remaining silent all people can do is speculate and winge.

We are in the peak buying season now with Christmas approaching. Potential customers will read these boards and could be put off buying any product from a company that does not tackle customer problems – irrespective of which model they are looking at.
2017-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Niterider4 Posted at 2017-12-4 21:02
I know that OTG works. Everyone knows that OTG works. DJI knows that OTG works. I don't really care if OTG is tested and supported, because it works better than WiFi. That's all I really need to know.

What I want is for DJI to not remove the ability to use OTG so that I have to rollback to an earlier version of DJI Go just to be able to fly reliably and safely.

Well otg doesn’t work it works for some and not for others and a lot of users don’t bother with it because they don’t need it. And it has been this way since the release of spark. The connection and otg cable were specifically for use with dji goggles.
Rolling back to an older version is your own choice, just like using otg neither are recommended by dji.

Dji has provision in its warranty for those who crash as a direct result of using non recommended hardware and I’m sure at this moment otg will be included in that.

One thing is for sure until it is tested and supported by FW/SW we won’t see dji offer this as a solution.
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules