Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can i hear the audio on my Phantom 4 Pro
10068 28 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7dUVwWR
lvl.1
United States

I use the DJI GO 4.0 App. I hit record and it records the video. But i never hear the audio. The buzz of the props. I see videos and people have the buzzing sound of the props, but i dont. Is there a way to enable this?
2017-11-23
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

this query regularly crops up and short answer is you dub sound in. If you really want the sound from your flight then have a look on eBay under Mini USB Voice Recorder. you can wire one of these onto the frame and away you go.
Add sound track when you edit your movie.
other users will be able to offer alternatives as well.
2017-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the whole point is with the noise the drone makes you are not going to get any kind of decent sound recording from the bird..As Wombat says dub it in...
2017-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Here is an example of a short clip I made of a train going through my town. Most people that view it don't know the sound is dubbed in.

2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can enable the Record Audio with Video Shooting, while the audio in the drone itself will not be recorded, please kindly note.
2017-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is no mic on the DJI drones (as it would not make sense).
You can record via the DJI Go4 app OR use a separate camera / sound recorder.
2017-11-24
Use props
djiuser_7dUVwWR
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-24 00:01
There is no mic on the DJI drones (as it would not make sense).
You can record via the DJI Go4 app OR use a separate camera / sound recorder.

But, I hear sound on other people’s DJI phantom 4 videos. It sound like there is a mic on the drone with the constant buzz
2017-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_7dUVwWR Posted at 2017-11-24 06:22
But, I hear sound on other people’s DJI phantom 4 videos. It sound like there is a mic on the drone with the constant buzz

As far as I know there is on microphone on any DJI drone.

So if you hear sound, it is added later and recorded externally.

Do you have an example?
2017-11-24
Use props
sandman89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43 ft

United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-11-23 22:25
Here is an example of a short clip I made of a train going through my town. Most people that view it don't know the sound is dubbed in.

https://youtu.be/PJpzATg-CZg

That looks awesome. what you mean you dubbed it in? you got train from somewhere else and added it to the video? Thanks
2019-12-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

sandman89 Posted at 12-6 09:44
That looks awesome. what you mean you dubbed it in? you got train from somewhere else and added it to the video? Thanks

That's correct.  It's a technique often used in high end editing.  For example, one might fly by a water fall and you'd hear the waterfall in the video but you're not really hearing it, you're hearing some other water fall which was dubbed in during editing.  

In the older drones such as a straight Phantom 2 with a GoPro, you would have audio with the Go Pro.  You can hear the props tearing it up in the video and the sound is legit.  But moving forward, my understanding is DJI takes advantage of the audio track of a video signal and uses it to send telemetry instead of audio.  Hence, we get silence.  
2019-12-6
Use props
sandman89
lvl.1

United States

Okay thanks for the reply question I just got the DJI Phantom 4 but I noticed that when I go to fly but I get to like 1600 feet away and the controller seems to loose signal I'm wondering if that's because I'm flying in like the inner city cuz from what I read the P4 can go like 3 miles right? Thanks
2019-12-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

sandman89 Posted at 12-6 16:34
Okay thanks for the reply question I just got the DJI Phantom 4 but I noticed that when I go to fly but I get to like 1600 feet away and the controller seems to loose signal I'm wondering if that's because I'm flying in like the inner city cuz from what I read the P4 can go like 3 miles right? Thanks

Sounds like you might be in beginner mode?  The limit in beginner mode is 500 meters.  Good luck
2019-12-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The aircraft CAN have a range UP TO 3 miles, but it is an optimistic value. And it will only get that range under near perfect conditions, city flying will certainly not achieve that range.
2019-12-7
Use props
sandman89
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-7 13:19
The aircraft CAN have a range UP TO 3 miles, but it is an optimistic value. And it will only get that range under near perfect conditions, city flying will certainly not achieve that range.

Gotcha thanks... I'm starting to see quite a bit of difficulty flying by my house which is pretty much in the inner City area at night it seems to fly a little farther maybe because there's not much going on
2019-12-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you had one of the original DJI Phantoms, they held a GoPro camera, or similar...
THESE had the ability to record audio with the video.

Unfortunately the later Phantom’s had no sound recording ability, on their own.

RedHotPoker
2019-12-10
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-11-23 22:25

https://youtu.be/PJpzATg-CZg

Brilliant !  I love the progression of volume etc - great work  
2019-12-11
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Geebax Posted at 12-7 13:19
The aircraft CAN have a range UP TO 3 miles, but it is an optimistic value. And it will only get that range under near perfect conditions, city flying will certainly not achieve that range.

I generally work on 1,000 mtrs max.  But mainly fly less than 700mtrs
To my way of thinking 4.25Km (?) is a bit like a manufacturer claiming "up to" 40mpg.  Maybe when all things are absolutely perfect .....  but when does that ever happen ?
2019-12-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Manxmann Posted at 12-11 01:07
To my way of thinking 4.25Km (?) is a bit like a manufacturer claiming "up to" 40mpg.  Maybe when all things are absolutely perfect .....  but when does that ever happen ?

Lots of variables come into play for good long distance.  One can't just buy a drone, take it out of the box, walk out to his back yard and fly 3 miles.  

Here's an example of a guy who is flying a P3A and knows what he's doing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyxrdphjay3iwqg/P3_85430feet.mp4

Obviously he has modifications.  But it's true one can fly a stock P3 for 5000 meters if conditions are perfect.  

2019-12-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 12-11 01:07

Agreed, DJI have always had that 'optimistic' view on range.
2019-12-11
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you have a P4 pro, you have a choice of 2.4MHz and 5.8 MHz frequency bands for your control signal.

If interference is making things difficult on one frequency band, try changing to the other one.

2019-12-11
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-11 03:57
Lots of variables come into play for good long distance.  One can't just buy a drone, take it out of the box, walk out to his back yard and fly 3 miles.  

Here's an example of a guy who is flying a P3A and knows what he's doing:

WOW,  he's got 'bigger tackle' than me !
He just had a safe battery level at completion too.
Impressive
2019-12-12
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Geebax Posted at 12-11 13:32
Agreed, DJI have always had that 'optimistic' view on range.

I had trouble with my near new P4P+  dropping the link at as low as 600 mtrs in clear LOS conditions.  No HV power lines etc etc.
It went back to DJI workshops in Melbourne who checked it and tested it to 500 mtrs with no problem.  Despite me frequently asking them to test it over a longer distance - they declined saying,  it was good up to  500 that is that - check the data !  
End of story.
2019-12-12
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-11 14:38
If you have a P4 pro, you have a choice of 2.4MHz and 5.8 MHz frequency bands for your control signal.

If interference is making things difficult on one frequency band, try changing to the other one.

I leave my (P4P+) frequency on "Auto".  Do you think that's a good idea ?
2019-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 12-12 01:53
I leave my (P4P+) frequency on "Auto".  Do you think that's a good idea ?

Doesn’t Auto, choose the frequency with least use, or interference?

RedHotPoker
2019-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 12-12 01:53
I leave my (P4P+) frequency on "Auto".  Do you think that's a good idea ?

If it works for you, that's fine.
2019-12-12
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-12 02:43
Doesn’t Auto, choose the frequency with least use, or interference?

Well I'd hope/think so.  But if it can do so effectively,  why would we have Manual Selection ?
2019-12-13
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 12-12 03:17
If it works for you, that's fine.

Cheers Labroides

PS:  We are sending you some warm weather - it has out-stayed its' welcome in WA !

2019-12-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 12-13 01:28
Well I'd hope/think so.  But if it can do so effectively,  why would we have Manual Selection ?

Suppose, If you find one better than the other, why not set it permanently.

I couldn’t tell you why, or how, just the basics...

RedHotPoker
2019-12-13
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sandman89 Posted at 12-6 09:44

Yes that's what I did
2019-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules