Gimbal gyroscope error
10198 17 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mandacrany
New
Australia

Hi Forum,

I purchased the spark rtf quad and have only flown it twice as I am just a beginner. Since getting the drone I havent been able to tilt the camera and in the aircraft status it says 'Gimbal gyroscope error' and also 'Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support for repairs'. What does this mean and what am I supposed to do?

Thanks!

2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please try to flash the firmware of spark through DJI Assistant 2. Did you crash your spark? Please check if there is any damage in the gimbal. If the problem remains, I would recommend you send it back: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-11-23
Use props
NelsonSoto
New
Chile

I have a same problem, I purchased my spark two days ago.
I Flown my spark with RC remote control, but I can't move camera never.
I don't crashed my spark
I don't connect with dji assistant.
2017-11-25
Use props
Bottini
New
Flight distance : 157 ft
Brazil

I just received my new Spark..., first fly and no Gimbal movement... The APP is telling me exactly the same: “ Gimbal Gyroscope error”, and “ Hardware Malfunction”.
Very frustrating experience...
I’m now charging the battery to try the firmware update, is it solved your problem?

Thank you.
2018-1-13
Use props
djiuser_zRNSeIFSChbo
lvl.1
Poland

Bottini Posted at 2018-1-13 14:50
I just received my new Spark..., first fly and no Gimbal movement... The APP is telling me exactly the same: “ Gimbal Gyroscope error”, and “ Hardware Malfunction”.
Very frustrating experience...
I’m now charging the battery to try the firmware update, is it solved your problem?

I have the same problem. Unfortunately. Did you solve it? How can I flash the firmware using Assistant 2?
2018-1-30
Use props
Jack533
lvl.1
Chile

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-23 19:45
Please try to flash the firmware of spark through DJI Assistant 2. Did you crash your spark? Please check if there is any damage in the gimbal. If the problem remains, I would recommend you send it back: http://www.dji.com/support.

I have had my spark for two weeks in California and just flew 6000 miles to Chile to use my drone for a month of vacation and it doesn't work! I get a gimbal gyroscope error right as I take it out of the case and the compass won't calibrate due to magnetic interference.  How do you FLASH the firmware? Is there anything I can do to fix this error? I am in small villages and do not have the luxury of sending it in and waiting for repair as I am in a different village every day. My entire vacation was dedicated to the spark and it's footage and now it's a complete disaster.
2018-2-8
Use props
Nikeya
lvl.1

I have had this issue after my spark went up into some trees I tapped on the gimbal very lightly with my finger and the problem was solve.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nikeya Posted at 2018-7-16 19:50
I have had this issue after my spark went up into some trees I tapped on the gimbal very lightly with my finger and the problem was solve.

Glad to know that, please keep us updated in any case you need our assistance. Thank you!
2018-7-17
Use props
Chito G. Reyes
lvl.2

Philippines

I had the same problem like yours...but just everybody else who's got the problem exactly like we do pertaining to this " Gimbal Gyroscope Error, Hardware Malfunction..." I definitely have this notion that it was not really our fault and for obvious reason, this is DJI Fault, as clearly and without doubt, stating such a notification  that it was a "HARDWARE MALFUNCTION" and therefore considered as a matter of fact a "DJI COMPANY's LIABILITY" on contention that the malfunction is rooted as they, themselves say thru their notification, as a  Hardware's defect..hence a "Manufacturer's Defect" to say it quite bluntly. Added to this logical conclusion, is that , we are not Engineers much less I.T.s to have something to do with its malfunction. In Airplane's Disaster - it  not a Pilot's error, but rather an Engine failure...which we also can apply to this concerns. DJI Engineers have anticipated this to happen which is why they put it as a notification to that effect, programmed to popped-up at anytime when the time arises. I think, they need to fix this problem, by way of not necessarily retrieving the items claimed to have been defective like Automobiles & SUV's, but rather replace it or at least, repair it without repair fee and shipping charges as a gesture of apology for the anxiety and damages it costs us.
2019-8-21
Use props
fans758d65d7
New

India

Nikeya Posted at 2018-7-16 19:50
I have had this issue after my spark went up into some trees I tapped on the gimbal very lightly with my finger and the problem was solve.

Hi
Can you share the image of your taped gimbal ? so i could try the same

Thanks
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_l5pWHRQroUBM
New

Thailand

15:32 *Aill Kos
Overal
Gimbal Gyroscope Erroritude mode, so
I not hover. Please fly