Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cancel RTH on RC Inspire 2
2477 4 2017-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

The Inspire 2 URGENTLY needs a cancel return to home button on the RC. It would be so easy for DJI to do this, but I doubt they will. All they need to do is make one of the C1 or C2 buttons be able to have this feature. Here's why.
The RTH was activated and before I could cancel it the DJI GO 4 app crashed. As it normally takes a couple of tries to get back into the DJI GO 4 app these days, which is another topic all together, I was very lucky that I got back in before the Inspire collided with a building.
This is really dangerous as I have never needed to use RTH, but I cant count the number of times I have needed to cancel RTH, because it would have most likely ended in a crash, even with VPS and obstacle avoidance.

This is irresponsible of DJI as there could be situations when the DJI GO app crashes and you need to cancel RTH to avoid a crash. They will be liable.

2017-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

There is the button in RC to cancel the RTH, please check the picture below.
If you would like to cancel RTH, please press the RTH button on the RC. RC.png low power RTH.png
2017-11-23
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

What makes you so sure there was going to be a crash, did you not set the RTH height correctly? As Mindy has pointed out, the correct use of the RTH button is clearly written in the manual, if you have any concerns about flying dangerously or irresponsibly, perhaps you should read it.
Which mobile device are you using? Not all mobile devices are powerful enough to run the app, is yours on the compatible list?

Mark G.
2017-11-23
Use props
DS924
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I should think it would be easier to read the manual than to start adding buttons for functions that already exist and are readily accessible.  Failing to do that could be "really dangerous," "irresponsible," and might make you "liable." If the product fails to respond as indicated in the manual that is another matter.  So far, every issue I thought I was having has turned out to be a failure on my part - nothing that a little homework (or suggestion from someone on this forum) didn't clear up.

My compliments to you, Mark. I've learned a lot just from reading your responses elsewhere on this forum.

2017-11-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

DS924 Posted at 2017-11-24 07:50
I should think it would be easier to read the manual than to start adding buttons for functions that already exist and are readily accessible.  Failing to do that could be "really dangerous," "irresponsible," and might make you "liable." If the product fails to respond as indicated in the manual that is another matter.  So far, every issue I thought I was having has turned out to be a failure on my part - nothing that a little homework (or suggestion from someone on this forum) didn't clear up.

My compliments to you, Mark. I've learned a lot just from reading your responses elsewhere on this forum.

Thank you, Sir,

After reading some of my replies on this forum of late, I see a shortness on my behalf that could be mistaken for surliness, this is not intended and my apologies to anyone that has been offended by my comments. I do however find myself tiring of the constant DJI bashing/blaming from people who fail to educate themselves on how to operate their new equipment. You have purchased a sophisticated piece of technology which, although DJI has strived to make as user-friendly as possible, still remains, as yet, not foolproof and as such should be operated with a certain amount of caution. Anyone with any RC background will tell you that if you failed to educate yourself on the operations, limits, controls etc. of your machine then would lose/damage it or hurt somebody/yourself, there was no one else to blame. In the past couple years, "drones" have become so mainstream that, with the ideology of, "it can fly itself", it has sensors so "it can't crash" and it can "fly itself back!", the skill/knowledge requirement has been so far overlooked that even the first couple pages of the manual have been deemed unnecessary and the notion of,  "if I mess up, it is, therefore, someone else's fault and I shall be posting a derogatory post about this" has taken its place.

Anyhoo, that's my gripe over for today and as I said, if I have caused any offense, then my apologies and happy (safe) flights to you all.

Mark G.
2017-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules