Firmware : v01.04.0100 No Rolling Back After Update - Why ?
12Next >
4933 45 2017-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

@DJI Thor
There seem to be a lot of reports on various forums that once you have updated to Firmware : v01.04.0100 you can no longer revert back to your previous Firmware if you have issues is this correct ? And if so why is this not in the Firmware notes ?

2017-11-24
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

True. No option
2017-11-24
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I have suffered the same !!! no response from DJI administrators / engineers.
I begin to think if I continue with this brand or go to other drone manufacturers. all customers are beta testers, but not that way
2017-11-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

There are ways to roll back firmware but i don't think it can be discussed here? I've never tried it so no PM's please. Just google it.
2017-11-24
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I am wondering if this has been done in error as it really makes no sense to remove this to me ....
2017-11-24
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

There is always a way...just not for Average Joe. In any case, never update a device before getting feedback from others.
2017-11-24
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SafariMan Posted at 2017-11-24 04:46
There is always a way...just not for Average Joe. In any case, never update a device before getting feedback from others.

That is an interesting point but SOMEONE has to do it !!!

And just to confir ive not updated yet for this very reason however having the security of you can always revert back reduces the upgrade risk for lots of people but would have thought this is also a standard support resolution option ?
2017-11-24
Use props
itsjustme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

DJI will never respond to a thread like this because it is asking an actual question!! They only respond to stuff like hey when will the new props be available.. or hey are you going to release a pink mavic etc...
2017-11-24
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

It could be a good thing to prevent modders to exploit, I would assume
2017-11-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI teach me NOT to update!
2017-11-24
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

There is a 'factory reset' option in Assistant 2.0 - not tried as have no need (yet!). Presumably a factory reset will roll back to whatever the drone was delivered with when first bought.(?) Then from there the options will become available again to upgrade to the firmware versions above whatever the factory default is.
2017-11-24
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2017-11-24 13:54
There is a 'factory reset' option in Assistant 2.0 - not tried as have no need (yet!). Presumably a factory reset will roll back to whatever the drone was delivered with when first bought.(?) Then from there the options will become available again to upgrade to the firmware versions above whatever the factory default is.

It will just reset all settings in the FW not roll back FW.
2017-11-24
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

do a youtube search on the subject !!
2017-11-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

May I know the specific problem with the new update? Would like to check. If there are options for the previous version on DJI Assistant 2, then you can roll the firmware back.
2017-11-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

SafariMan Posted at 2017-11-24 04:46

If the average joe owns a windows computer then he can rollback, its unbelievably simple....
2017-11-26
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-26 03:14
May I know the specific problem with the new update? Would like to check. If there are options for the previous version on DJI Assistant 2, then you can roll the firmware back.

Hi DJI Thor

Once you update to the latest Mavic Firmware you can no longer see the previous Firmware version to revert back to in DJI Assistant 2 you only see V4.1.0100
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

We await a response
2017-11-26
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-26 03:18
If the average joe owns a windows computer then he can rollback, its unbelievably simple....

There is no option to roll back to
2017-11-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brum Ken Posted at 2017-11-26 07:59
There is no option to roll back to

There is a very easy way, you just have to dig for it....( google search engine is your friend, my friend)
2017-11-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Rollbacks for general users have been unavailable for some time now. I've read where support may allow a rollback on a case by case basis, but am not sure if that's an official policy or an occasional exception to the rule.
2017-11-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is your unofficial response because dji will not make one, up until the latest firmware it was possible using any computer to roll back, downgrade and modify the mavic flight parameters to whatever the owner desired. No height limitations, faster speeds, no wind warnings etc.ect. As of v1.04.0100 this is no longer possible... This is why dji is not allowing anyone to “officially rollback”........
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

They need to ship up a bit eh.  Who runs quality control back there anyway, get some faces up here on the forum, you will see things move.  Who owns DJI for starters?  Where is the face

Inform the Daily Mail etc lol.  I mean, geez this a billion dollar company with it's software and devs up its ....  maybe?
2017-11-26
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-26 08:10
There is a very easy way, you just have to dig for it....( google search engine is your friend, my friend)

Thank you for your help I have had a reply from DJI but in the mean time I will see what I can do on google
2017-11-27
Use props
fans8a5ed5cf
lvl.1
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-26 03:18

You're so savy... let us know...!  :-)
2017-11-27
Use props
fans8a5ed5cf
lvl.1
United States

Please stop giving fake new.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-11-26 07:25
Hi DJI Thor

Once you update to the latest Mavic Firmware you can no longer see the previous Firmware version to revert back to in DJI Assistant 2 you only see V4.1.0100

Hi Anthony, it is confirmed that when the drone upgrades to the latest v1.4.0100, there will not be able to downgrade. Thank you for your support.
2017-11-30
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 03:46
Hi Anthony, it is confirmed that when the drone upgrades to the latest v1.4.0100, there will not be able to downgrade. Thank you for your support.

Thank you Thor for confirming this.
2017-11-30
Use props
Borny
lvl.3
Flight distance : 799665 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-26 03:14
May I know the specific problem with the new update? Would like to check. If there are options for the previous version on DJI Assistant 2, then you can roll the firmware back.

Yes it is making the video feed to the monitor lag, & signal drop outs. I wish I could roll back but cant find a way to do it.  Using a Samsung S4, no problems before the upgrade. Please let me know if you know of a way to roll back. Been searching it for days.
2017-12-20
Use props
Borny
lvl.3
Australia

I've been googling it for days. Maybe you can point me in the right direction, getting desperate.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Borny Posted at 2017-12-20 18:12
Yes it is making the video feed to the monitor lag, & signal drop outs. I wish I could roll back but cant find a way to do it.  Using a Samsung S4, no problems before the upgrade. Please let me know if you know of a way to roll back. Been searching it for days.

Hi Borny, for the transmission laggy issue, it doesn't seem to relate to the drone's firmware. Could you please help to confirm if the original video from the SD card will also perform the same?
If it doesn't, please try to reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation; also, please try to fly in other place and pay attention to the HD signal and avoid the interference around. Besides, since Samsung S4 is not recommended device by DJI, please also try another mobile device or kindly wait for another update.
If the original video also looks stuttering, please try to play the video in another player, format the SD card or change another SD card and check again.
For the signal drop, could you please post a screenshot of the firmware info? I would like to check it first. If all the firmware is updated, please do more tests in different environments, try to change another USB cable and adjust the antennas. See if it helps.
2017-12-22
Use props
Borny
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks Thor.
I tried 2 other devices today, an S5 & iphone 7 & both work perfectly. As you said DJI doesn't recommend the S4 and I'm starting to agree the S4 is not up to the new firmware by the look & sound.  FYI, all footage from the SD card is fine.  I should have left it alone as is was working fine before the upgrade.  Lesson learned, ignore any prompts to update if its working.
2017-12-22
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 03:46

I think the question that needs answering is WHY .... Why is there no option to REVERT (not revert back) to a previous software update?
2017-12-22
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just to respond to the update ....  as long as you have already downloaded maps etc before the update you will still have the maps after the update.

I have done a number of flights with 0100 plus the latest CS update and have not seen any issues ( about ten flights ).
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Bigga J Posted at 2017-12-22 02:53
I think the question that needs answering is WHY .... Why is there no option to REVERT (not revert back) to a previous software update?

May I know why do you need to downgrade the firmware? I would like to do the best to help.
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-12-22 11:25
Just to respond to the update ....  as long as you have already downloaded maps etc before the update you will still have the maps after the update.

I have done a number of flights with 0100 plus the latest CS update and have not seen any issues ( about ten flights ).

Thank you for your update, Anthony. Should you have any further questions in the future, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-12-22
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-11-26 08:18
Here is your unofficial response because dji will not make one, up until the latest firmware it was possible using any computer to roll back, downgrade and modify the mavic flight parameters to whatever the owner desired. No height limitations, faster speeds, no wind warnings etc.ect. As of v1.04.0100 this is no longer possible... This is why dji is not allowing anyone to “officially rollback”........

+1........
2017-12-23
Use props
Borny
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-22 01:09
Hi Borny, for the transmission laggy issue, it doesn't seem to relate to the drone's firmware. Could you please help to confirm if the original video from the SD card will also perform the same?
If it doesn't, please try to reinstall the latest DJI GO 4 app, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pictures and videos before your reinstallation; also, please try to fly in other place and pay attention to the HD signal and avoid the interference around. Besides, since Samsung S4 is not recommended device by DJI, please also try another mobile device or kindly wait for another update.
If the original video also looks stuttering, please try to play the video in another player, format the SD card or change another SD card and check again.

Hi Again Thor. I said in my other message that I tried the Samsung S5 & it worked but but after more testing it doesn't. Continual loss of signal. Could not get return to home function to work with phone connected. When disconnecting phone RTH worked.
Original video from SD card is fine.
Did as you suggested & went to open areas with no interference & no improvement.  Have reinstalled the app & firmware twice.
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Borny Posted at 2017-12-25 17:36
[view_image]
Hi Again Thor. I said in my other message that I tried the Samsung S5 & it worked but but after more testing it doesn't. Continual loss of signal. Could not get return to home function to work with phone connected. When disconnecting phone RTH worked.
Original video from SD card is fine.

Did the drone crash before? The firmware is updated and the mobile device is on the support list, they should work well. May I know the distance that you can fly before the signal drop? Please also make sure that the antennas are placed in the right position. If the issue persists, I suggest that you can contact our support and start a data analysis, we can help to check the data and see if it relates to the drone. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-12-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

We know why they don't allow it... But cant talk about it. Seems a earlier post has been deleted for this reason.
An extra reason is, that newer mavics are shipped without an sdcard anymore, so they need to be on a minimum firmware. But I think that is 1.400.000, else with lower firmware, would get an (internal) sdcard-error.
2017-12-27
Use props
greg.k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2633698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-22 22:54
May I know why do you need to downgrade the firmware? I would like to do the best to help.

Hi Thor.

For those that work in the IT industry - there is a term called ITIL. It stands for the IT Information Library. This is a framework, that is designed to manage the services provided by IT systems.

One of the critical aspects of ITIL is release management and change management. Whenever there is an IT change (including software updates), there is a requirement under standard change management processes and policies to validate and test the new software. Equally importantly, there is a requirement under standard change management processes and policies after testing to revert back to a previous version if any tests are not passed.

What you have done by preventing downgrading is to prevent good safety practices. Anyone in IT or in aviation would like to know if there is a problem that there is a backup plan. You have taken the backup plan off the table.

Even with IOS firmware, apple allow rolling back to the most recent version. They give their clients a choice. They don't allow installing every version, but they do allow rollback.

Any commercial operator with robust change management procedures will be unable to comply with their own policies as a result of this decision by DJI. And if those policies form part of their operations manual, they will no longer be compliant with their license conditions from their local aviation regulatory body.

I believe DJI need to at least allow rollback to the previous firmware versions at all times for safety reasons, if an install fails to pass safety checks as part of flight testing after an upgrade.
2017-12-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules