Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-24 11:36
Changing exposure is not a good idea for panoramic pictures.
You will see the exposure changes in the final product.

Exactly. You want a fixed exposure for all shots otherwise they won't stitch together. Try focusing the drone on a lighter/darker portion before you take the pano to get the exposure worked out the way you like it. But once it takes that first picture the balance should be locked.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jason WAI Posted at 2017-11-27 04:52
[view_image]

The pic I got from the pano mode -sphere becomes a flat picture after it was downloaded to the device. Is there anyway to make it looks like a sphere ?

Check to make sure it captured all 46 pics. I know that I've had my pano modes interrupted before because of flying errors or low battery. If you have a PC then download MS ICE (its free) and drag all 46 pics into that program. Click Stereographic and the drag to make a sphere.
2017-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 2017-12-11 21:48
Exactly. You want a fixed exposure for all shots otherwise they won't stitch together. Try focusing the drone on a lighter/darker portion before you take the pano to get the exposure worked out the way you like it. But once it takes that first picture the balance should be locked.

Yes, I usually expose for the lightest part.
2017-12-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Check out these two pics, taken the same day, approx. same time, but with one facing the sun and the other away from the sun.

The first pic was taken into the sun. Notice how the lawn and lower areas of the photo are too dark to even make out any detail. For the second pic I faced away from the sun (you can see it in the reflection though) and the detail of the ground and buildings is much improved, but the sky looks a bit washed out. I try for a happy medium and take several sets of panos from different angles to make sure I'm happy with the final results. Here's my vid describing my steps with the Spark, but it should work the same for the Mavic too.

TINY PLANET St Marys 3.jpg
TINY PLANET Gonda 2.jpg
2017-12-11
Use props
fansd8712679
New
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2017-11-25 03:30
Is there any way to make "Interactive" 360° Pano's with Media Maker, so far all I can see is the ability to stitch static pano's ? I have to import to Photoshop>create 3D layer>adjust for uploading to Face Book or Insta Gram>export and upload before they become Interactive. Anyone know how to export to local HD and still have Interactive 360° scroll capability?

All spherical panos are just flat images, its the software that wraps them and views them interactively, there are a few softwares out there but mostly paid that I know of
2017-12-23
Use props
mirasteilas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9905 ft
Switzerland

pano mode is great works perfect
2018-1-24
Use props
Gravity3sixt 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2027067 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Has anyone tried Vertical Pano on Phantom 4 pro, mine doesn’t seem to work.
Cheers
Mike
2018-2-2
Use props
Janaus
lvl.1

Australia

A CW Posted at 2017-11-24 11:26
Horizontal should be 9 shots with 180 being 21 and Sphere 34.
If you lock the exposure or use manual camera settings beforehand it won't change the exposure during the shoot.
Don't use the new 8331 props with the pano as the blade tips may show up in the shot - especially if it's windy. Stitch the panos using DJI media maker for the best results.

Another software package that works very well with stitching all the formats is Microsoft ICE. It is a free down load software too.
2018-2-4
Use props
skyeyeguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68356 ft
  • >>>
United States

TB32 Posted at 2017-11-25 08:14
I'm a bit pee'd off with DJI... so they have released the firmware to allow you to use Pano mode on IOS and Android, but not on the Crystalsky. I asked on a DJI FB forum and they had no idea when that functionality was coming to the Crystalsky!

I don't get it, as Crystalsky is Android based anyway, and why make your own hardware the last platform to be able to use new features, surely if DJI want people to use Crystalsky, get the features out on your own hardware first and not third party hardware.

Yes, DJI's lack of support for their own hi-end solution ... is puzzling.
2018-2-9
Use props
WayneCasey360
New

United Kingdom

Jason WAI Posted at 2017-11-27 04:52
[view_image]

The pic I got from the pano mode -sphere becomes a flat picture after it was downloaded to the device. Is there anyway to make it looks like a sphere ?

This may be a bit late but if you haven't found a way to display your equirectangular image to a viewable 360 yet just get an RoundMe.com account and just drag your equi into the new tour space. If you want to send me the original hi-res image to wacsabe@gmail.com I could do it for you. Cheers, Wayne.
2018-2-15
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

WayneCasey360 Posted at 2018-2-15 07:30
This may be a bit late but if you haven't found a way to display your equirectangular image to a viewable 360 yet just get an RoundMe.com account and just drag your equi into the new tour space. If you want to send me the original hi-res image to  I could do it for you. Cheers, Wayne.

thanks , Wayne. I've come across this web site http://www.360facebook.com  
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules