Disconnect message using camera and other ??
1340 2 2014-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richardlbye1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 195614 ft
United States

I'm very new to the DJI phantom family. I'm 75, retired handicapped military and don't want to start out by making mistakes. I appologize up front for being slow to learn. I just received my phantom 2+ and going through it's set-up - preflight. In checking my system and reading everything I'm confused when comparing wording in manual vs the Quick Start guide. My questions:  
1.  I'm very concerned.  Today I'm getting a cell phone message overlaid on my camera image telling me I've lost connection to my phantom yet both range WI-Fi extender lights are green (system is blinking) and I can still see a live image and move the camera using the camera controls.  What's wrong?
2.  Are camera movements limited to up & down only with no side to side?
3.  Seems that the camera can only be moved up/down using the buttons in the camera view on my cell phone?
4.  I want to download my bench test images from my camera so I connected the phantom to my pc via cable but my pc doesn't recognize the link.  Do I need to have the dji software program loaded on my pc before it will recognize my linked camera?  

Thanks in advance - God Bless

2014-9-18
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

1. The message could be concerning your RC (Tx/Rx) connection that actually controls the P2V+ flight. The two systems, RC and wi-fi, operate independently.
2. Tilt only; no pan. Do pan with your Rudder (if you're worried about losing orientating panning around, learn about IOC).
3. Tilt is presently wifi (cell phone) controlled.
4. It would be best to download the DJI usb drivers as well as the P2V+ Assistant to your PC before you try to get the PC and P2V+ to communicate. I'm attaching a manual page (the manual should be read cover to cover...). If you don't want to set up the PC just yet, take the SD card out of the gimbal and connect it directly to your PC via the SD card interface and download the images/video that way (that's what I do anyway...).
Cam Cable.png
2014-9-18
Use props
richardlbye1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 195614 ft
United States

Thanks TJ  appreciate your help. I did remove the Micro sd card and connected it directly to my pc and it worked fine. I'm going to work on downloading the files you suggested on my pc.   thanks aghain.
2014-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules