Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Retrieve flight record from SD card
4633 12 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441089 ft
United States

I accidentally deleted a flight record from the DJI GO app.  I thought it would still be “in the cloud” and I could sync and get it back.  Apparently that’s not the case.  Can I somehow get the record, or at least the data, in a human readable format from the cloud or SD card?
2017-11-25
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flight records have never been saved to the SD card.
That's where you find your image and video files.
Your data only gets to the cloud if you synch it.
2017-11-25
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
United States

It was synced to the cloud but then I deleted it by swiping over on the DJI GO app and pressing the garbage can, thinking it would still be in the cloud and I could retrieve it on another device.  Does that mean that record is gone forever and there’s no way to get the data?
2017-11-25
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Mephistopheles Posted at 2017-11-25 02:51
It was synced to the cloud but then I deleted it by swiping over on the DJI GO app and pressing the garbage can, thinking it would still be in the cloud and I could retrieve it on another device.  Does that mean that record is gone forever and there’s no way to get the data?

If you synched it, it will turn up.
DJI don't update instantly.  Try synching again tomorrow.
2017-11-25
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Trust Labroides despite advice from most of the rest of us he actually knows. If you successfully sync'd your data it will show up.
2017-11-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2017-11-25 03:18
Trust Labroides despite advice from most of the rest of us he actually knows. If you successfully sync'd your data it will show up.

Aloha wombat,

Truer words were never spake!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-25
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you're feeling lucky today, you can try to clear the list from the settings not the trashcan and do another sync, then it should show up.
Should everything go wrong there are other threads to join.
2017-11-25
Use props
Mephistopheles
lvl.1
United States

It seems that it’s gone for good.  Apparently the purpose of the red trash can is to obliterate the flight record from everywhere forever.  It’s been several days, and I tried syncing up with a different device and it’s just not there.  It’s my own fault though; what did I expect a red trash can to be for?  I assumed that it only removed it from the local device and it would still be “in the cloud”, whatever that is.  The problem is I might have needed that flight record for legal reasons, which makes it all the stupider that I was messing with it at all.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, but if anyone thinks of a miracle solution let me know!
2017-11-25
Use props
Beyly89
lvl.1

United States

Hi, have you added any new files to the formatted SD card?  If you haven't, then the video may not be overwritten and can be recovered by data recovery software.
For Windows, you can try Recuva and Wise Data Recovery. For Mac, you can try Cisdem Data Recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery and more.
There are more data recovery software for you to choose, and many of them are free for you to try if you can find the formatted data or not.
Good luck!!
2017-12-5
Use props
Beyly89
lvl.1

United States

By the way, if you added new file to the SD card, your video may have been overwritten and any data recovery software can't recover it. So once you find data loss, don't add any new files to the storage device.
2017-12-5
Use props
Labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Beyly89 Posted at 2017-12-5 22:35
Hi, have you added any new files to the formatted SD card?  If you haven't, then the video may not be overwritten and can be recovered by data recovery software.
For Windows, you can try Recuva and Wise Data Recovery. For Mac, you can try Cisdem Data Recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery and more.
There are more data recovery software for you to choose, and many of them are free for you to try if you can find the formatted data or not.

The data he's looking for was never on the SD card so there's no point thinking about recovering it from there.
It was in the app in his phone or tablet.
Flight record data is never written to the SD card.
That's where your videos and images are recorded.
2017-12-6
Use props
fansdf7d83d7
Second Officer

Bulgaria

Here you can find a detailed instruction on how to recover deleted video from sd card - https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/sd-video-recovery.html . It's pretty useful, I guess. When I was looking up ways to recover data I accidentally deleted, and tried a few, and only the Disk Drill app worked fine.
2018-1-10
Use props
djiuser_1CushmWfH7ta
New

United States

Hey all, I have a p4p+ and somehow wasn't logged into my or a account on the controller when an incident occured so I cant find the flight logs in the app. However I did manage to pull them from the controller storage and onto an SD card. Can i get this loaded to my account somehow for diagnostics?
2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules