Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+: Orientation Lock unwanted panning
12Next >
10631 60 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd0794bdc
New
Germany

Hi,

I've got a problem regarding the Orientation locking function.
If I push the orientation lock or activate it on my smartphone screen the osmo is panning to the right.

The newest firmware is already installed.
Maybe one of you have any suggestions to solve that problem?

2017-11-25
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I have exactly the same problem. It's really extremely obvious if you're zoomed in a little. Was trying to take a video of  the top of a hill poking out of some dense fog clouds today, and  my Osmo+ was continually planning right. I had to give up on that shot. I was holding the trigger down, so the gimbal should have been locked.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Can you please show us a short video about the drifting pan?
How about unlocking Orientation? Is the gimbal stable enough?
2017-11-26
Use props
fansd0794bdc
New
Germany

for example here: 5:48
if you take a look on the left side where the clock is you see that the camera is drifting to the right before i manually move it back to initial position.
after i moved it back it starts drifting again to the right hand side, if you're watching the light dots in the left.

I know it's not the newst video, but I'm on a business trip right now and can't upload a new video acutally due to bad upload speed on Internet connection. I try to upload a new video asap.

If I release the Orientation lock it is stable, if I not moving the osmo
2017-11-27
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 23:29

More than a month since the last response on this matter. Where's the update?
2017-12-28
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

My Osmo+ does the same thing, trigger pressed or not. Would really appreciate a solution.
2017-12-29
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

Same issue here now, a reply would be nice.
2017-12-29
Use props
plucker
lvl.1
United Kingdom

mine drifts to the left constantly making it almost unusable - can I get a replacement unit please?
2017-12-30
Use props
plucker
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I contacted DJI support and they suggested I install the latest firmware again but by using the SD card rather than the IOS update method.  I followed their instructions but nothing has changed - it's still drifting as soon as I switch it on!  
2017-12-30
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

plucker Posted at 2017-12-30 01:55
I contacted DJI support and they suggested I install the latest firmware again but by using the SD card rather than the IOS update method.  I followed their instructions but nothing has changed - it's still drifting as soon as I switch it on!

I always update firmware by downloading it first and putting it onto the SD card... if that's an option for the device I'm updating, This avoids download glitches caused by dropped packets as you're actually updating the firmware. Of course, like you said, above, it doesn't help solve this problem. This is a bug in the Osmo, which DJI needs to address.
2017-12-30
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

The complaints continue here.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2017-12-28 22:28
More than a month since the last response on this matter. Where's the update?

Hi Jyunte, sorry for the late response because of the holiday.
OP didn't reply to my post directly and the post was missed, I sincerely apologize for this situation.
The issue will be forwarded to our engineers for attention and I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them. Thank you for the patience.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd0794bdc Posted at 2017-11-27 07:46
for example here: 5:48 https://youtu.be/3IhY8cA1cd0?t=5m48s
if you take a look on the left side where the clock is you see that the camera is drifting to the right before i manually move it back to initial position.
after i moved it back it starts drifting again to the right hand side, if you're watching the light dots in the left.

Hello Sir, I do apologize for the late response, please reply to my post next time if you need any assistance, I will get the notification and reply your post in time.
Just to verify, does the issue still persists? It happens after firmware updating? Do you have the same problem before? Did you ever have a collision?
The video will also be forwarded to our engineers to look into, I will keep you updated soon.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tango_B Posted at 2017-12-29 16:47
Same issue here now, a reply would be nice.

Hi Tango, could you please check my post in 13#?
Does your Osmo+ keep drifting even you enable the Orientation Lock? When did this issue happen? More info would be appreciated.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

plucker Posted at 2017-12-30 01:55
I contacted DJI support and they suggested I install the latest firmware again but by using the SD card rather than the IOS update method.  I followed their instructions but nothing has changed - it's still drifting as soon as I switch it on!

Hi Plucker, it seems your device is Osmo right? Did you try gimbal calibration? The issue happens in every mode or just the Timelapse? More info would be appreciated.
2018-1-3
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 03:35
OP didn't reply to my post directly and the post was missed, I sincerely apologize for this situation.
The issue will be forwarded to our engineers for attention and I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them. Thank you for the patience.

Ok... But I did reply, and so did others. Mine still drifts, as do other people's Osmos. What's the fix?
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2018-1-4 17:29
Ok... But I did reply, and so did others. Mine still drifts, as do other people's Osmos. What's the fix?

My apologies for the delay, we have escalated the issue to our engineers for attention, I'm waiting for their test and reply, I will keep you updated once I get back from them, thanks for the patience.
2018-1-5
Use props
useruser
Second Officer
Flight distance : 580121 ft
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 23:29

my osmo+ drift all time, original video lenght is 17mins, there i show it in 40secs

2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

useruser Posted at 2018-1-6 06:27
my osmo+ drift all time, original video lenght is 17mins, there i show it in 40secs

https://youtu.be/Yt9LHPdVNMM

Well, the drifting is obvious when you speed up, may I know when did the issue happen? What is the current firmware version? Thank you.
2018-1-7
Use props
useruser
Second Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-7 23:54
Well, the drifting is obvious when you speed up, may I know when did the issue happen? What is the current firmware version? Thank you.

I got it few weeks ago, as new from warranty, and this is first video

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

useruser Posted at 2018-1-8 11:54
I got it few weeks ago, as new from warranty, and this is first video

[view_image]

Thank you for the derails, the video will be forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-8
Use props
Yusuf
lvl.1

Iraq

#Quick Reply Here#Full Name: yusuf riyadh shaker Email address: Yusufalbaghdady93@gmail.com Phone Number:9647714490779 Full Address: Baghdad - Madaen - near the school Zubair Product: OSMO + Fault Description: Click here to re-energize the dome, green light and the sound of a peephole Date of Purchase: 7-1-2017 Dealer: Professional Photography Equipment  Hello I'm Yusuf from Iraq - a cameraman Use your products, including osmo + But yesterday I worked automatic calibration and appeared to take the directions left and right and up and down and followed all the instructions on the sheep, including the position of the device vertical position and the surface of the straight and did not turn it off until completion - after the completion of the device work restart and surprised the emergence of a message on the screen in the mobile app Click here To activate the camera and turn off the camera did not appear filming with the presence of the sound of Bim intermittent and green light intermittent when the pressure and stop the work of the stick Directions and conversion button for Salafi When the message is pressed, the head starts rotating and the standby mode returns as it was ..  I ask you to help me and identify the defect or action required - and today I searched for a maintenance center for your products in Iraq, specifically Baghdad, and I did not find - I hope you help me because I bought it two days ago  I will send you a picture of the message appearing on the screen from within the application with the video files of the two uploaded on YouTube and I will put links here ..        This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.  此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。  Attachment(s) photo_2018-01-08_12-37-54 (2).jpg
2018-1-9
Use props
Yusuf
lvl.1

Iraq

Full Name: yusuf riyadh shaker
Email address: Yusufalbaghdady93@gmail.com
Phone Number:9647714490779
Full Address: Baghdad - Madaen - near the school Zubair
Product: OSMO +
Fault Description: Click here to re-energize the dome, green light and the sound of a peephole
Date of Purchase: 7-1-2017
Dealer: Professional Photography Equipment

Hello
I'm Yusuf from Iraq - a cameraman
Use your products, including osmo +
But yesterday I worked automatic calibration and appeared to take the directions left and right and up and down and followed all the instructions on the sheep, including the position of the device vertical position and the surface of the straight and did not turn it off until completion - after the completion of the device work restart and surprised the emergence of a message on the screen in the mobile app Click here To activate the camera and turn off the camera did not appear filming with the presence of the sound of Bim intermittent and green light intermittent when the pressure and stop the work of the stick
Directions and conversion button for Salafi When the message is pressed, the head starts rotating and the standby mode returns as it was ..

I ask you to help me and identify the defect or action required - and today I searched for a maintenance center for your products in Iraq, specifically Baghdad, and I did not find - I hope you help me because I bought it two days ago

I will send you a picture of the message appearing on the screen from within the application with the video files of the two uploaded on YouTube and I will put links here ..

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

Attachment(s)
photo_2018-01-08_12-37-54 (2).jpg
2018-1-9
Use props
Janka
Second Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 22:13
Thank you for the derails, the video will be forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated soon, appreciate your patience.

any news about my problem?
2018-1-24
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-3 03:35
The issue will be forwarded to our engineers for attention and I will keep you updated once I get any feedback from them. Thank you for the patience.

Any news about my drifting Osmo+ gimbal?
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd0794bdc Posted at 2017-11-27 07:46
for example here: 5:48
if you take a look on the left side where the clock is you see that the camera is drifting to the right before i manually move it back to initial position.

Sir, sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time, while we still recommend to send in the device to repair center for further evaluation if the issue persists, we understand that must be frustrating you, but there is nothing we could do remotely, sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2018-1-24 21:02
Any news about my drifting Osmo+ gimbal?

Jyunte, it seems you didn't provide us the video right? I have suggested the OP to send in for further evaluation, if you have the same problem, do you have time to send in? We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2018-1-30
Use props
GoodmanRP
Captain
Flight distance : 4344974 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I still have the same problem https://forum.dji.com/thread-120235-1-1.html
2018-1-30
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 03:48
Jyunte, it seems you didn't provide us the video right? I have suggested the OP to send in for further evaluation, if you have the same problem, do you have time to send in? We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.

Really? I've been updating this thread for over two months, and linking others to it, and in all that time, this is the first time you've told me you're waiting on something from me?

I'll happily provide you with a video! Of course, now it's past the time where I could have received a new Osmo+ in exchange for my 5 day old Osmo+. Now I'll likely get stuck with a refurbished unit which will almost certainly not only have the same drifting problem, but also whatever problem it had when was returned by it's original owner!.

2018-1-30
Use props
jburkett
lvl.1

Hong Kong

hi sir, please return the OSMO for repair.
2018-1-31
Use props
jburkett
lvl.1

Hong Kong

hi sir, suggest to return the OSMO for repair.
2018-1-31
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

jburkett@zackburkettco.com Posted at 2018-1-31 00:30
hi sir, suggest to return the OSMO for repair.

Hahaha. And we know what that means... they'll find a problem with the one I send in, fix it, and then send me someone else's "repaired" Osmo+... which will have the same problem as the one I sent in, because THAT problem wasn't fixed on the unit they sent me... just the problem the previous owner had! Honestly, what a joke.
2018-1-31
Use props
Janka
Second Officer
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 22:13

BUMP?!? BUMP!?!
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Janka, the post in 31# is from our engineers, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, currently, please send in the device to repair center for further assistance, the team will take care of it for you.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2018-1-30 08:57
Really? I've been updating this thread for over two months, and linking others to it, and in all that time, this is the first time you've told me you're waiting on something from me?

We do have forwarded all the videos from customers to our engineers for analysis, but not all the issues can be resolved remotely, please send in at your earliest convenience and the repair center will get it sorted out for you. Thank you.
2018-2-3
Use props
Coco SoulShine
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 02:50
We do have forwarded all the videos from customers to our engineers for analysis, but not all the issues can be resolved remotely, please send in at your earliest convenience and the repair center will get it sorted out for you. Thank you.

Hi Mindy.
When/if the engineers figure out the panning problem, is the only option for fixing it to send it in for repair? Or, when/if they fix it will a firmware update do it?
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Coco SoulShine Posted at 2018-2-4 10:39
Hi Mindy.
When/if the engineers figure out the panning problem, is the only option for fixing it to send it in for repair? Or, when/if they fix it will a firmware update do it?

I have forwarded several videos from users to our engineers, currently, we recommend to send in for repair service, if you encounter the same problem, can you show us a short video please?
2018-2-5
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 02:26
I have forwarded several videos from users to our engineers, currently, we recommend to send in for repair service, if you encounter the same problem, can you show us a short video please?

Hi Mindy, you see, many people have the same problem with the OSMO or OSMO PRO. I think, DJI have to fix this issue.

My Post

it is absolutely necessary a new firmware update for the OSMO
I have also testet with different X5, X3 and different Handle.
I think, to send the OSMO to your Repair Center will not help. It is a general problem
2018-2-6
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 02:50

I agree with Post #38, this is a problem with many, or even most OSMO units. Sending them all back and receiving refurbished units which will have the same issues is not really an option. DJI needs to acknowledge this as a legitimate problem with the OSMO line of gimbals, find a fix and issue a recall.
2018-2-10
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 02:26

Three months, and still no solution?
2018-2-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules