Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+: Orientation Lock unwanted panning
10632 60 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeamChrisAllen
lvl.1
United States

I hope I don’t encounter this issue and that you all ha e found resolve!
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-26 20:14
Three months, and still no solution?

Sorry for the late response because of the holiday. I have forwarded many videos to our engineers for analysis, sorry to tell you that we still recommend to send in the device for further evaluation, not all issues can be sorted out by firmware, appreciate your understanding.
2018-2-27
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-27 03:39
Sorry for the late response because of the holiday. I have forwarded many videos to our engineers for analysis, sorry to tell you that we still recommend to send in the device for further evaluation, not all issues can be sorted out by firmware, appreciate your understanding.

My Osmo+ has seen very little use. I know, from my own experience, that DJI sends out refurbished products rather than new-for-new exchanges. So why would I want to send my new Osmo+ to Cerritos, just to receive an older unit which more than likely suffers from the same, and other problems?

If you could guarantee me a brand new Osmo+, one which has been checked to make sure it is free from these known defects, then I'd send it back to DJI.

How about it?
2018-2-27
Use props
fans925c2066
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945863 ft
Norway

So I luckily found this thread. I have the same problem with the OSMO. Its drifting to the left, making my footage unusable. If there's any point in using it as a camera I would have to shoot in 4K and crop the footage down to 1080p in post. Any updates to this issue?
2018-3-4
Use props
TeamChrisAllen
lvl.1
United States

I noticed the same issue.  I moved my Osmo+ base to a more even surface and that seemed to help. BUT I zoomed out as well and that may have been why it got better or I didn’t notice as much. I hope there is resolve for all.
2018-3-5
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I see this problem hasn't been resolved yet.  I just got my OSMO+ so haven't experienced the panning problem yet.  Maybe i'll get to see it when I take it to Cuba in the next week.  Hopefully this is an isolated problem and not a global issue.
2018-3-6
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

It's very easy to duplicate. Go into camera settings and turn on the grid lines and center point. Place the Osmo in the base and center the gimbal. Turn on orientation lock in the settings and then watch the gimbal slowly drift on your phone.
2018-3-6
Use props
vldyr
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Hello. I've got my new Osmo+ last week and I think I am having the same problem. When I press the trigger to lock the orientation mode, my camera is moving. It's very unusable in selfie mode. I am using the latest versions of the firmware and the iOS App.
2018-3-6
Use props
fansd0794bdc
New
Germany

unfortunately no answer from dji yet
2018-3-6
Use props
fans5b385322
lvl.1
Italy

Hi guys, same problem here. My experience with the DJI support was not positive. They did not read what I wrote and they did not check carefully the video I sent. I just got standard replies, such as 'update your firmware' (when I clearly said I had already done that) or 'are you editing cache videos from your phone?' (who does that?). Do you guys know if this drift problem is the result of bad engineering that affects any Osmos + X5 (X5R) cameras or is it only related to specific production batches?

Actually the list of problems is longer with the Osmo + X5R:

- the gimbal randomly drifts even when the Osmo is mounted on a tripod
- audio and video are not synchronized
- the delay between audio and video cumulates over time
- the RAW videos recorded on the SSD card and the proxy videos recorded on the SD card do not have the same length.

Here is a video explaining everything
2018-3-15
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-27 03:39

Still no response?
2018-3-17
Use props
fans547492b0
United States

Add another drifter here. Looks like I’m recording from a boat. Let me guess dji....isolated problem, right?

2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jyunte, I apologize for the late response, and sorry that I cannot promise a brand-new device for you, please send in firstly and our repair team will evaluate the device and then help you out, thanks for your understanding.
2018-4-8
Use props
Janka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 580121 ft
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 02:44
Hi Janka, the post in 31# is from our engineers, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product, currently, please send in the device to repair center for further assistance, the team will take care of it for you.

I'm back from the trip and now I'm ready

What should I do
2018-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Janka Posted at 2018-5-6 10:29
I'm back from the trip and now I'm ready

What should I do

Please contact our support team to start a ticket and they will guide you to send in, thanks.
2018-5-10
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hi DJI, I understand your engineers have all they need (proof) to fix this issue.  What is the status of the fix and as you can see, many are experiencing this issue.  Yes, this can be fix with a firmware update and if not, they we all need a replacement but only once you can prove this has been fixed overall.  This issue is not isolated to just the OSMO+.

Back to you DJI to provide us a clear status here.  Not just a ya, we know and working on it status.  What have the engineers done to this point and how close are they to fixing this.

OSMO is a very nice camera.  Make it work as it should.
2018-5-10
Use props
14jnewmy14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452835 ft

Jyunte Posted at 2018-2-26 20:14
Three months, and still no solution?

Don't even bother, they all drift and they obviously don't know why or don't care. I have an Osmo+ and Osmo Pro, they both do it and all I ever get from DJI is calibrate and update. They also like to say update with the SD card instead and see if that helps, why should it matter how it updates if it updates. Like I said almost all of them do it, and they don't care or know how to fix it. They have your money already.
2018-5-10
Use props
Janka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 580121 ft
Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-10 02:55
Please contact our support team to start a ticket and they will guide you to send in, thanks.

thanks, allready sent to service
2018-5-11
Use props
djiuser_Adl9h83PR6d1
New

United Kingdom

I have the exact same problem, but mine drifts to the left...and at a much higher speed. It would continue drifting it the stoppers on the handle wouldn't prevent it.
2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_Adl9h83PR6d1
New

United Kingdom

Osmo Mobe 2
2019-7-20
Use props
djiuser_DvmqoyyFmsZr
New

Nigeria

Same issue my dji osmo 3 keeps panning to the left. Any solution