Inspire 2 point of view mode coming soon - but when?
685 8 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyPro-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3536906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really miss the POV flight mode of the Inspire 1...

When I purchased the Inspire 2 almost 12 months ago I was surprised to see that they had not implemented the same POV mode.

The Go4 app just 'coming soon'

Can anyone at DJI confirm when this will be implemented?

2017-11-25
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

POV or POI?
2017-11-25
Use props
FlyPro-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3536906 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes Mark,

I meant POI but it was getting late when I wrote the post- well that's my excuse!

I wish I could edit it now but I can't see any option to edit or delete....

2017-11-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

FlyPro-UK Posted at 2017-11-26 13:05
Yes Mark,

I meant POI but it was getting late when I wrote the post- well that's my excuse!

No worries dude. We know what you mean.

Mark G.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, I understand your frustration, I also hope it will be added soon.
Appreciate your patience.
2017-11-26
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

The Inspire 2 is fully capable of flying POI, it's the DJI 4 software that's the problem.  There's tons of useless fat in the app such as the editor, but not the basic stuff that other "non professional" drones can do.
You can fly POI in both the DJI Ground Control app and in Litchi.  However, you have to pay DJI for each POI flight last I looked.  Litchi on the other hand, can do complex, multi POI flights that allow you to assign POI per waypoint and transition smoothly between each target.
2017-11-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

So if DJI 's Ground Control can do POI, it will not be commercial viable if another DJI app do POI for free. If it is important for you, may as well pay for POI.
2017-11-28
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

DTK Posted at 2017-11-28 13:46
So if DJI 's Ground Control can do POI, it will not be commercial viable if another DJI app do POI for free. If it is important for you, may as well pay for POI.

The reason for the payment, is that it creates 3D maps.  I don't see a way to use the POI just for a video flight.
2017-11-28
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I see no reason why we should pay for POI, especially when we've paid so much all ready.

When I first got mt I2 around 11 months ago I asked DJI when POI and the other flight modes would be released. They said it would be 'Coming soon'.

The time frame of 'Soon' is obviously up for interpretation.

I think that most people would be a little annoyed if you said you would be there 'Soon' and turned up a year later!

Maybe the greyed out message should read &aposossibly coming one day but don't hold your breath'
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules