Cant connect Samsung S5 to Spark Remote Control using OTG Cable
2745 11 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sadssandiford13
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, Ive just received my 2nd Spark fly combo set.
I live in a flight authorization zone, so i need to connect my phone to remote control using OTG cable!

When I connect OTG cable to Samsung S5 phone after connecting to remote control I get the following on the phone;

High-Power USB device-connected
Cannot access this device. Connect...

When I try to fly the device in DJI GO 4 app it jumps to phone WIFI page, so phone and remote control are NOT connecting

The OTG cable works perfectly with USB thumb drives!

Do i need drivers loading on phone so it will talk to DJI???

Also, should i be using DJI GO - for products before P4 or since P4 as im using a Spark??

Also, I cant select the notification on Samsung S5!!  How do i set USB Mode on S5, new phone for me!!!

Thanks

Brent
2017-11-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Are you sure you are using a real OTG cable? I have used a Galaxy S5 without problems through OTG connection and never got such messages. And if your cable is a real OTG cable did you plug it in the correct direction (OTG side must go into the RC)?
And you need "DJI GO 4 for drones since P4".
2017-11-25
Use props
sibu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

OTG does not work on  current versions
2017-11-25
Use props
fans36401e70
New
Flight distance : 92 ft
United Kingdom

Reverse the cable, I've had this issue and this fixed it
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please use wifi connection instead and keep us informed if you have problems with it. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-26
Use props
DOWSETT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392234 ft
United States

Make sure the otg cable it'self is connected to the remote; not the device.
You will need to (well I always do) have to refresh the connection every time you turn everything back on. Unplugging the cable and plugging it back in.. every time.
Turn on you device > go into Go 4 app > turn on your remote; once the app has stopped loading. Then plug the otg cable into the remote, generally with the other end already hooked to the mobile device.
It should chime, then indicate on the app that; the remote is connected, without wifi active.
2017-11-26
Use props
timieross
New

United Kingdom

Hi,

I've got the same problem as sadssandiford13. Did you find a solution for this?

I've tried the recommendations above but it still doesn't work.

Many thanks!
2018-2-9
Use props
Smark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

I have not had any problems with my S5 and an OTG cable (v4.1.15). However, I read somewhere that, on your phone, you may need to click on the power message and choose MIDI.
2018-2-9
Use props
Smark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80089 ft
United States

Sorry for such a large pic. Eeek!
2018-2-9
Use props
SilkyFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79823 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-25 16:01
Are you sure you are using a real OTG cable? I have used a Galaxy S5 without problems through OTG connection and never got such messages. And if your cable is a real OTG cable did you plug it in the correct direction (OTG side must go into the RC)?
And you need "DJI GO 4 for drones since P4".

Nice! I had NO idea that the cable was directional. . .wondered why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. . .THANK YOU WACHTBERGER!!! You DaMan! :-)
2019-2-25
Use props
SilkyFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79823 ft
United States

Did you solve this? I had the same issue with my Note4 and OTG cable. . .had no idea that the cable had to plugged in with 1 end as "Host" and the other one in the phone.  My cable works when the HOST end is plugged into the R/C and the other end is plugged into my phone. . .DUH. . .my cable is LABELED but I never saw it because the label is on the bottom side as you plug it into your phone or controller. . .brilliant. . .Thanks Wachtberger!
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SilkyFlyer Posted at 2-25 14:07
Did you solve this? I had the same issue with my Note4 and OTG cable. . .had no idea that the cable had to plugged in with 1 end as "Host" and the other one in the phone.  My cable works when the HOST end is plugged into the R/C and the other end is plugged into my phone. . .DUH. . .my cable is LABELED but I never saw it because the label is on the bottom side as you plug it into your phone or controller. . .brilliant. . .Thanks Wachtberger!

Hi, we're glad to know that you've managed to solve the problem that you had on your drone. For additional information, we would recommend using a compatible devices to ensure that stability of the app and avoid the connection issue. You may refer to the image below. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules