Battery Error - Overcharge Detected
11356 14 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Apprendista Str
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189035 ft
Italy

Hello, have two batteries (August 2017) and one of them has the Overcharge Detected problem (Led 3 blinking twice when attached to the charger.)

Always used the original charger and the battery has only 12 cycles!
Sometimes Mavic will let me fly with the battery, sometimes it will give battery error immediately.
Already tried to fully discharge and recharge the battery but no luck.

What can I do do use my warranty?

Thanks
8129BAB5-A965-462E-8DD1-1BF3B665A9C3.png
2017-11-25
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Well cells one looks way out 2 is bad too i would get an rma and not risk flying with that battery
2017-11-25
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I would do a discharge/charge cycle on it and see if it would come up to specs. if not do it again. the three cells should be not more the 0.1 volts apart. if you can't bring the cells into specs, they yes, you have a warranty issue. Contact DJI. Suggest not to use care refresh, if you do that the replacement battery will cost you. And yes, do NOT fly with this battery until you can verify it condition.
2017-11-26
Use props
Apprendista Str
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks for your suggestions.
2017-11-26
Use props
Apprendista Str
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks for your suggestions. (Already tried a several cycles and the status worsened) Any best practice to discharge the battery without letting the drone sitting on a table powered on and idle?  Also can any moderator help me on the warranty procedure?  Thanks
2017-11-26
Use props
fans06af034f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58701 ft
United States

Same issue here.  I got the flymore combo so each battery does not get used as much.  The battery that was on the quad in the box has 7 charges on it since around April.  Do they RMA batteries?

2017-11-26
Use props
fans06af034f
lvl.1
United States

Also, my drone has never been crashed and I never discharge below 30% either.  Batteries are kept inside in temp controlled environment when not in use.
2017-11-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you purchased the battery from a local vendor I would check to see if they could help.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, have you reported this case to our support and send it in? If you haven't, please send an email to support.nl@dji.com, they will guide you how to send it.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans06af034f Posted at 2017-11-26 05:39
Same issue here.  I got the flymore combo so each battery does not get used as much.  The battery that was on the quad in the box has 7 charges on it since around April.  Do they RMA batteries?[view_image]
[view_image]
[view_image]

The voltage difference is larger than 0.1 which indicates the abnormal status of the battery. Please try to do a full discharge and charge cycle, if it doesn't help, please contact support.us@dji.com and send it in if the battery is under warranty (6 months and within 200 charge circles). And for the maintenance of the battery, we got a tutorial for your reference:
2017-11-27
Use props
Mavicuda
lvl.1
United States

I sent a note to DJI and my 7 month old battery with 7 charges on it is out of warranty.  Buying the fly more combo kept the number of cycles as low as it is.  

None the less, after a few discharge cycles, it seem the battery is starting to balance out.  I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the battery.  Noticing that all three cells are different voltages, I suspect the device in the battery that does the discharge after X days might have malfunctioned causing this.  After one charge cycle, the difference between the lowest and highest cell is about 0.12v.  That is better than the .16v shown above.  I wish I could manually balance this thing instead of having to go through these cycles.  I think DJI should be investiging that discharge device as possibly needing a program update.
2017-11-30
Use props
Mavicuda
lvl.1
United States

My battery issue is not resolved quite yet.  I intend on letting the battery bleed off its excess voltage in its maintenance cycle.  When does the battery normally do a balance cycle?  When it charges or after it charges?

The reason I think the batteries are fine is due to the voltage levels of both my pack and the original poster's.  If one out of three cells were to be off, I would agree we have bad packs but all three cells are unmatched (different voltages).  That seems to indicate a failure to initiate a balance of the pack or the balancer tool is failing.  It is too hard to believe that two cells went bad in one pack at once on batteries with so few cycles.
2017-12-1
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 03:40
The voltage difference is larger than 0.1 which indicates the abnormal status of the battery. Please try to do a full discharge and charge cycle, if it doesn't help, please contact  and send it in if the battery is under warranty (6 months and within 200 charge circles). And for the maintenance of the battery, we got a tutorial for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siE2j6Ruj2k&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r&index=7

lol they sped up the persons voice they used hahaha
2017-12-1
Use props
Szilard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22188 ft
Hungary

Hi!
I have the same issue with one of my fly more combo battery.
The difference was 0.11V yesterday. After a discharge (hovering till 2%) the overcharge message is still appears, but the difference today was only 0.9 V at take off, as soon as i took off the difference was gone. I flew with no problems till 5%, and i waired idle till 0% and switched of by button. (not auto off)
And now just finished charging, and there is no error. The difference is even smaller, but still there is some...
1st: 4.24V
2nd: 4.34V
3rd: 4.29V
Should i be worried??
The battery is 8 months old and has 15 cycles.
Is it possible that it's because a stopped auto discharge cycle? I had one of that few weeks ago for the first time...
Could an auto discharge solve the problem maybe?
2018-2-18
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replace it. Do not use or you shuld expect your Mavic to fall from the sky unexpectedly one day. You have been warned. ;)
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules