Phantom 4 Pro - "No Signal" in DJI 4 APP
7013 25 2017-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

My Father-in-Law has a Phantom 4 Pro. He's successfuly flown it a handful of times apparently using the wrong DJI app (we were using the one for pre-Phantom 4 drones). Everything was working (flight, RTH, screen, etc). We succesfully flew it this morning under these configurations. This afternoon, I updated his tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab), RC firmware, Drone firmware, and the app to DJI 4. We then received the dreaded, "No Signal" in the DJI 4 app. There is no live-feed on the camera and front obstacle detection is disabled. Everything else works. We can fly it by sight, and the distance, altitute, etc. all works. We can control the Gimbal manually. The only (but significant) problem is there is no camera feed.

What we've tried
- uninstalling and re-installing the DJI 4 app on the tablet
- A new cable connecting the RC to the tablet
- refreshing the firmware on the Phantom 4 drone
- taking out the SD card and starting without the SD card
- Re-connecting the RC to the drone
- All the software seems to be up-to-date on the tablet, the DJI go App, the RC, and the drone

To start-up we 1) open the DJI go app on the tablet, 2) turn on the RC, 3) go into the app by clicking on "Enter Device", 4) power-up the drone. We usually have 10 or so seconds of video feed then it goes blank. This suggests to me that the hardware is all functioning properly since the Gimbal moves when using the dial and the screen usually works upon startup. I am at a lost. Is there anything else I should try? I've searched the forums and tried those things as indicated above.
2017-11-25
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117493 ft
United States

One thing that has helped a lot of us with some of the newer updates is to turn things on in a certain order:
2017-11-25
Use props
Privateer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117493 ft
United States

One thing that has helped some of us after the latest updates is to turn things on in a certain order:
1. Turn on the RC
2. Turn on the aircraft
3. Turn on the device (note make sure the program is not running in the background when you connect the cable to the RC)
4. Open the DJI Go 4 app
5. Make sure you are signed in to avoid the dreaded 30/50 limitation

Hope this helps
2017-11-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you uninstall the DJI GO 3 app before installing the GO 4 app?

Also, I'm not an Android guru, but I do recall a DJI mod posting instructions for releasing the tablet's USB port where another application may have reserved it for it's own use (GO 3 perhaps?). Perhaps you can look into that?
2017-11-25
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

RC firmware needs updated too?
2017-11-25
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Try a reset of the camera. Also check in the app to see if the obstacle detection is turned off.
2017-11-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-25 22:03
Try a reset of the camera. Also check in the app to see if the obstacle detection is turned off.

OK, I'll bite. What's obstacle detection got to do with Connection issues?
2017-11-25
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-25 22:27
OK, I'll bite. What's obstacle detection got to do with Connection issues?

Nothing but the OP also said the front obstacle detection was disabled.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you post screenshots of the About page and error message in APP? I'd like to look into it.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans3243eec9
New
Flight distance : 330423 ft
South Africa

Have the same problem with tab 7 since the wkend.
2017-11-27
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Sorry I fell off. I've been traveling and so has my father-in-law. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a week or so until he gets back and can try

1) the startup order as indicated
2) posting screenshots of the about page and error message

If he can't manage on his own, I can help at Christmas when I visit to try these things.
2017-12-1
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

dorbot Posted at 2017-11-25 21:31
RC firmware needs updated too?

I have updated the RC firmware, but thank you for the suggestion. In the app he gets the message that all the software is up to date.
2017-12-1
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-27 00:50
Could you post screenshots of the About page and error message in APP? I'd like to look into it.

2017-12-22
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-27 00:50

Sorry for the insertion of all the images in the reply above.

An update [I just got back for our Christmas visit]. The same basic error continues - there is no persistent video signal.  Now, upon startup [following the order suggested above in the first response] there is video feed. I can even manually move the drone and the feed stays up-to-date.  It stays stable... UNTIL... I manually start the motors on the RC or rotate the Gimbal using the RC. This is different than a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago the video feed was not stable on start-up and would go away on its own in a few seconds.

A new error has cropped up that is less serious. Now, it says we have No SD card when we are using the one that was included with the Phantom 4. This is not the most serious issue, but I did notice it today.

We are at a loss. We can fly the drone by sight, but he bought it for its video capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

The images above are as follows:

Image 1 - A screenshot of the "About Screen" from inside the Tablet's DJI Go App (all firmware up to date)
Image 2 - a screen snip of the firmware for the drone from the computer's DJI Go App (up to date)
Image 3 - a screen snip of the error message after I waited for the firmware to "Refresh." It still says I have the current version, so I'm not sure if this is a problem or not. I did upload the logs after the failure.
Image 4 - a screenshot from the Galaxy Tab after following the startup procedure 1) RC; 2) Drone; 3) connect tablet; 4) turn on tablet; 5) Start DJI Go app. This shows everything working.
Image 5 - a screenshot of the No Signal Error
Image 6 - a second screenshot of the No Signal Error (notice that the Gimbal meter on the right hand side has moved -- I can move the Gimbal using the RC and it moves on the drone. The movement is registered on the DJI Go App screen on my tablet. But there is no video feed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

First Timer P4 Posted at 2017-12-22 18:40
Sorry for the insertion of all the images in the reply above.

An update . The same basic error continues - there is no persistent video signal.  Now, upon startup [following the order suggested above in the first response] there is video feed. I can even manually move the drone and the feed stays up-to-date.  It stays stable... UNTIL... I manually start the motors on the RC or rotate the Gimbal using the RC. This is different than a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago the video feed was not stable on start-up and would go away on its own in a few seconds.

Does the No Signal warning appear in every flight? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to narrow down the scope? Regarding the SD card issue, please try to remove or format to see whether there is any difference.
2017-12-24
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-24 02:50
Does the No Signal warning appear in every flight? Is there any chance change to another recommended mobile device to narrow down the scope? Regarding the SD card issue, please try to remove or format to see whether there is any difference.

Susan,

I have some new information. The problem also extends to the Gimbal. It shows that it is disconnected or N/A in the status. However, I know it works. because it moves appropriately upon startup and I have intermittent control.

So, in order to be clear, here is the problem as clear as I can describe it. It seems others have had similar problems with the video feed, gimbal, and SD card error all occurring at the same time.

I tried to do an update on the Firmware for the drone and controller. Now I seem to have three problems a) It says that I do not have an SD card. I cannot format the card when I try using the DJI Go 4 App. I've used a new micro SD card and the same problem persists. b) The video signal to the app is intermittent at best. Upon startup I have video. Then the signal is lost and there is no longer any video feed. The pictures above show this error c) The app does not recognize the Gimbal. By this, I mean that it is N/A in status. And on startup (when I have video), I cannot control the Gimbal and the pitch meter is greyed out. However, once the signal is lost, then I can control the Gimbal using the dial on the RC. Then, I can see the Gimbal move up and down, and it registers on the Gimbal pitch meter on the screen, but there is no change in the video feed because the signal has been lost. I've tried calibrating the Gimbal but it did not complete.

There have been no crashes. The app and RC are updated. It says "Current Version" of firmware for the drone on the DJI Assistant but I cannot "Refresh" the software on the drone to make sure it is up to date. It gets stuck at 55% and I get the following error code: 0x022403.  

Is there a way to reset the firmware to factory conditions other than through the DJI Assistant? I'd like to try go back to factory settings and then get a clean update to the current firmware to see if that fixes the problems. The first pic below is from the DJI Assistant, I only have one firmware option. The second pic below is after the update fails.

Any other ideas?

Firmware up to date? Only 1 option.

Failure to "Refresh" after getting stuck at 55%
2017-12-24
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-24 02:50

I did use another device (my Google Pixel phone). The same problems continued.

Here is the correct image of the failure to update. The one above occurred when the battery was low. I've tried updating the firmware 3-4 times. The same problem occurs. It gets stuck at 55% then this screen pops up.

2017-12-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, i took this from another forum with regards to that error code

Quote:

Try going back into the dji go app, with everything turned on and connected. When you go into camera view you will probably see a red warning message (disconnected or weak transmission or similar). Tap that message and you should then see a screen with a red triangle and beneath the opportunity to upgrade the RC firmware. Whilst that is doing its thing, connect up your drone to assist2 and you should see the latest firmware to download. When both are finished, turn it all off and then on again. Next thing to do is the revised IMU update, and hopefully all will good with the world. Credit to @JohnnyD913 for saving myself and many others for posting up this tip.
2017-12-24
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2017-12-24 21:59
Hi, i took this from another forum with regards to that error code

Quote:

I tried to follow those procedures, but no luck. After linking everything up, I had momentary video signal. After approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, I lost signal. The screen stayed black and white. When I clicked on a menu button and came back to the main app screen, it was black. See below.

Then I clicked the error message and was brought to the screen below. It shows the firmware is up to date.

At the bottom of that menu was the following information showing N/A for Gimbal, SD Card, and plane battery.

So I clicked on the small triangle next to firmware up to date and saw the following error messages. There were no options to update any firmware.

Does anyone know of a way to reset the drone and the RC to factory conditions without the use of the DJI Assistant? On the Assistant, I only have one option for firmware (you can see this in the pictures in one of my previous replies on this thread).

Or are there any other ideas? It doesn't seem to be hardware related since the Gimbal moves on startup and I can see it move after I lose the video signal to the app.
2017-12-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No factory as such, you can only refresh the firmware, if you google there are ways to sideload older firmwares

Have you tried Litchi, just to see what its like in that app
2017-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

First Timer P4 Posted at 2017-12-25 10:20
I tried to follow those procedures, but no luck. After linking everything up, I had momentary video signal. After approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, I lost signal. The screen stayed black and white. When I clicked on a menu button and came back to the main app screen, it was black. See below.

[view_image]

Double check, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? I'm afraid that the issue can not be figured out remotely. Please kindly send it in for a fully diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-25
Use props
First Timer P4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 23:01
Double check, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? I'm afraid that the issue can not be figured out remotely. Please kindly send it in for a fully diagnosis and repair: https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks, Susan. I think we will send it in. I can 100% confirm that it has not been involved in any crashes or hard landings. He's only flown it 4-5 times. Each time we flew it, we were very careful because it's so much money!

I'll follow the procedures to send it in.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

First Timer P4 Posted at 2017-12-26 11:19
Thanks, Susan. I think we will send it in. I can 100% confirm that it has not been involved in any crashes or hard landings. He's only flown it 4-5 times. Each time we flew it, we were very careful because it's so much money!

Thanks for clarification. The local team will do damage assessment and offer solutions once they received the unit. If you need any further assistance, please come back with your case number, we'd like to help.
2017-12-27
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

First Timer P4 Posted at 2017-12-26 11:19
Thanks, Susan. I think we will send it in. I can 100% confirm that it has not been involved in any crashes or hard landings. He's only flown it 4-5 times. Each time we flew it, we were very careful because it's so much money!

One thing I recall during the last FW update was that it would not complete the update when running DJI Assistant on my PC.  I had to install Assistant on the iPad device I use for the RC and then connect the AC directly to the iPad via USB.  (just like the diagram that pops up indicates)  Then it worked fine.  The reason I bring this up is your screen shots appear to be of a PC desktop.
2017-12-28
Use props
Marley1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28235 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-25 22:03

Yes! Reset the camera settings and I no longer get the NO SIGNAL warning...
1. go to camera settings.
2. Scroll down to camera reset. Push reset.
3. turn off RC controller.
4. restart RC  controller.
No more LOST SIGNAL warning...
2019-2-25
Use props
pedro_twi
New
Flight distance : 137749 ft
Spain

First Timer P4 Posted at 2017-12-25 10:20
I tried to follow those procedures, but no luck. After linking everything up, I had momentary video signal. After approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute, I lost signal. The screen stayed black and white. When I clicked on a menu button and came back to the main app screen, it was black. See below.

[view_image]

I have the same problem, you found a solution?
2019-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules