Crashed, need repair: DJI Repair or Drone Nerds?
2319 8 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tydpSBF
New
United States

This is in North America, USA to be precise. No DJI care or refresh.

Hello, I crashed my drone from about 6ft above ground (not a horrible crash) and it damaged the top and front cover. I was reading that DJI repair tends to send refurbished drones out to people who pay to have theirs repaired. My concern with this is that, having just purchased my drone 3 weeks ago and logged very few hrs of flight, if they send me a refurbished I might get something with hundreds of hours of flight and gimbal use (deterioration) that my drone doesn't have. I think I would prefer to have MY drone fixed and sent back to me in perfect condition.

So it seems like Drone Nerds would fix my drone without sending me a refurb. Has anyone dealt with them? What do you experienced guys recommend?

I created a repair ticket for DJI repair but have not mailed it in since UPS is closed, I have until tomorrow to decide

Thanks for your help!

2017-11-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Since it's not a warranty repair, you should get the same one back.  Watch out for Dronenerds, as they will stick it to ya.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Firstly, we are very sorry to hear about the crash accident, according to DJI After-Sales Policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. policy.png
Please forgive us that we cannot tell if your drone will be repaired or replaced by refurbished one at the moment.
Of course your can also contact other repair centers for assistance, please find more here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-26 15:29
Since it's not a warranty repair, you should get the same one back.  Watch out for Dronenerds, as they will stick it to ya.

Thanks for the input, but the front part of your post is blank, I can only see ''Since it's not a warranty repair, you should get the same one back.  Watch out for Dronenerds, as they will stick it to ya.''
Is there something missing?
2017-11-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-26 18:46
Thanks for the input, but the front part of your post is blank, I can only see ''Since it's not a warranty repair, you should get the same one back.  Watch out for Dronenerds, as they will stick it to ya.''
Is there something missing?

Hey Mindy,  Nothing missing,  All just went to the bottom of page for some reason.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-26 18:54
Hey Mindy,  Nothing missing,  All just went to the bottom of page for some reason.

OK, I see.
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_tydpSBF
New
United States

Thank you for the update!!!

I am going to use DJI repair instead of Drone Nerds. So far I have packed my drone and remote in the original box. What else should I include other than the repair order paperwork?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_tydpSBF Posted at 2017-11-27 19:40
Thank you for the update!!!

I am going to use DJI repair instead of Drone Nerds. So far I have packed my drone and remote in the original box. What else should I include other than the repair order paperwork?

Please remove the SD card of the drone and pack your product safely and securely with paperwork.
Our team will take care of your drone when it arrives.
2017-11-27
Use props
fanscd8987d0
New
Flight distance : 550548 ft
United States

You can get any parts you need off Amazon, to include any needed tools. I have repared my Ph3 this way. Its not hard. There are several helpful youtube videos to refence an just about any problem or repair for these drone. Dont pay someone else to do the repairs when you can easily do them yourself. The parts are modular and go in easy. As long as parts are available you should be able to keep your bird flying indefinitly.
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules