Jello Effect - What causes it and how to cure it (another post)
1967 6 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

I already wrote here about my struggle with the effect of jelly. The identification of a worn propeller corrected the situation. But  until not the end. And especially brightly the effect of jelly remained when the camera was tilted down.

I tried to rotate Camera in my hands (turned off my Mavik!) on all three axes. I found that one of the axes did not rotate as freely as the other two.
Shortly before that, I replaced the cable of gimbal.  Probably the service engineer did not correctly install the cable - he provided excessive resistance to the rotation of the camera.

At hand was a spare gimbal with cable. I replaced - today flew 2 batteries - the jelly disappeared completely.

Perhaps this will help someone
2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Thanks Alexei.
2017-11-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Thanks Alexei - good tip - good to know
2017-11-26
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

I have seen on numerous accounts when mavic pro first came out that adding a filter of some kind fixes the jello effect. I guess the added weight to the camera stabilizes it in some way.
2017-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to know.
Thanks!
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Happy for that you got it worked by yourself. You are talented.
But I wanna confirm that you send the drone to DJI repair center before but our engineers had not taken good take of it, right?
Could you please provide me with the case number so we can check and learn from it.
But in fact, we don't suggest repairing the drone by users themselves for the safety of flight and the maintenance of the warranty, thanks for understanding.

2017-11-26
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

I bought my Mavik on Aliexpress from the dealer DJI. When there was a warranty case, I applied to DJI. They told me that this Mavik (they were watching the serial number) had to go to Australia. And they recommended me to contact the Australian DJI office (17 thousand kilometers). Or to China (9 thousand kilometers) to my sell for Aliexpress... I am very well informed about the terms of consideration of warranty cases and ordinary verdicts of the service department.

I did the first repair in a paid service in my country.  http://mavicservice.ru/#remont
It's very expensive for me. I paid $ 150 to replace the gimbal control cable. This closest paid service in my country is located at a distance of 1500 km from me.

Therefore, when the malfunction was repeated - the best and fastest option in my case is self-repair. Thanks to the network - I found all the instructions. As well as spare parts.

2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules