Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help with safety notifications
12Next >
8261 41 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I can check the box! It keeps bringing up the privacy and terms and conditions stuff but no agree button....can anyone help I can't fly with this screen in the way...it's on an iPhone 5s and looks like a layout issue....
IMG_8875.PNG
2017-11-26
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

Sorry..I CANT check the box...spark is now useless!
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jimbo36078 Posted at 2017-11-26 13:01
Sorry..I CANT check the box...spark is now useless!

What is the version of your app? Did you try to reinstall it? Please keep us updated, thanks a lot.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

Hi...the app is 4.1.18...it worked great beforehand...uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same message with no way to check yes and carry on
2017-11-27
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

I think it is correct that it is a layout issue. In general, all the popups messages are very big for the small 4” iphone screens.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I'm kinda hoping that buying another phone isn't the solution here....
2017-11-27
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Jimbo36078 Posted at 2017-11-27 13:25
I'm kinda hoping that buying another phone isn't the solution here....

I think they should send you a CrystalView..
Try clearing out the application data if possible? Even deleting the app doesn't always clear the app data, and that may be causing the layout issues.
2017-11-27
Use props
strixaluco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463461 ft
United Kingdom

Same story here in West Cornwall, UK. I can fly my Spark but without a clear screen. I have an Iphone SE, running on IOS 11.1.2 and DJI
2017-11-27
Use props
strixaluco
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Same story here in West Cornwall, UK. I can fly my Spark but without a clear screen. I have an Iphone SE, running on IOS 11.1.2 and DJI GO 4 app v. is 4.1.18.
2017-11-27
Use props
strixaluco
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Same story here in the UK, west Cornwall. I've got Iphone SE, running on IOS 11.1.2 and DJI GO 4 v. 4.1.2. Same message on DJI GO for my Phantom 3 Pro, but I could mark the 2 boxes and press Confirm so the message disappeared.
2017-11-27
Use props
Encyclo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 928638 ft
Canada

I reported the same issue two weeks ago. Also filled in the DJI feedback form. Does not work on my SE and not on my old 5S. Does work fine on my iPad Mini.

Waiting as fast as I can.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I can confirm that clearing the data and reinstalling the app doesn't work....updates appear to happen pretty fast...I can't justify buying an iPad to run the spark given I didn't have to 3 weeks ago, so I'll give it a couple of weeks and then sell up. Absolutely no point having it if I can't use it....such a shame because I was enjoying it but over the last couple of months.
2017-11-27
Use props
dedreiix
First Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

I had the same issue on my iPhone6 with a bigger screen too. :-( The dialogue is layed out for portrait-screens but the phone is used, of course, in landscape when using the dji app.
So the dialogue should be smaller or it should be possible to swap the phone for pushing everything and then swapping back.
2017-11-28
Use props
Encyclo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 928638 ft
Canada

dedreiix Posted at 2017-11-28 00:47
I had the same issue on my iPhone6 with a bigger screen too. :-( The dialogue is layed out for portrait-screens but the phone is used, of course, in landscape when using the dji app.
So the dialogue should be smaller or it should be possible to swap the phone for pushing everything and then swapping back.

Good to know,

I thought it was only affecting the iPhone 5S/SE screens

Still waiting as fast as I can for a compatible APP
2017-11-28
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I've filed the report but no response yet
2017-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same issue here on my iPhone SE.
Glad it is not me who is alone out there....
2017-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I first got a reply from support to change zoom settings. But that is not available on iPhone SE.
2017-11-28
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

And not available on the iPhone 5s
2017-11-29
Use props
Mark S
First Officer
Flight distance : 41801 ft
United States

I don't think this is a screen size problem.  I use an iPad Mini and I had the same problem just a few days ago when I was out of town.  This was my first flight on the most recent DJI GO version 4.1.18.  I could see the whole dialog box and the "Yes" but touching "Yes" did nothing.  I moved my finger around on the screen thinking maybe there was some other check box or something I could not see but it did not help.  I could fly but I did not try to go far since I could not see very well since most of the screen was behind the dialog box.

I don't think I was very near any restricted air space but I have not had a chance to test fly again at home.
2017-11-30
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

Yep...that's the same problem mark...an update is needed!
2017-12-1
Use props
strixaluco
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Jimbo36078 Posted at 2017-12-1 14:04
Yep...that's the same problem mark...an update is needed!

I tried again today. Still impossible to clear the screen from the safety notification which cannot be checked on Iphone SE. Same message on Ipad Air 1 but I could check it so the screen is clear.
However I cannot fit Ipad Air on the controller brackets, I'll make up some sort of neck strap until DJI fixes the bug. I sent them a message about the flaw in the software, obviously no response and no action whatsoever so far.
2017-12-1
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

Very poor...I don't feel comfortable reloading the app in flight to be honest but that might work...no response either...they have a week left then I'll sell it. Such a shame.
2017-12-3
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5443 ft
Germany

someone has got a solution for this problem?
got it on my iphone 5s...
same problem, can't click there :/
2017-12-4
Use props
Eric Twelker
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue with a Mavic Pro Platinum and an iPhone 6.  I spent a long time on chat with DJI today and all they could suggest was that re-load the app.  I did that and as noted above it didn't work.  They seem to have removed the screen shot at the beginning of this post too.  Not helpful.  I noticed that the blue text that overlaps the unusable waiver form stays there even when you bring up the settings menu.  This seems to me to be a bug and I'm wondering if DJI is going to do anything about it.  
2017-12-4
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

If they don't want to fix it, how do people fly their drones safely? I've given them two weeks which ends next monday....at which point I will sell up and get a go pro...
2017-12-4
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.4
Germany

it's sad that this is not working ...
2017-12-4
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I actually wouldn't mind so much if I had some contact or info on when it's going to be sorted but to just ignore customers is really annoying me!
2017-12-5
Use props
fansfe854f25
United States

This is extremely frustrating.  Same problem.  This should be fixed by now.  DJI?
2017-12-5
Use props
Eric Twelker
lvl.1

United States

I got the infernal message to go away with some instructions--sort of--from Raul F at DJI support.  He responded to my plea with these instructions"

1. Go to the General Settings of your DJI Go 4 app.
2. Tap "Unlock". [note--this doesn't show unless the drone is connected, then it's called unlocking list or something like that.]
3. Then tap "Synchronize unlocking information".

There were more instructions, about confirming, etc, but they didn't seem to work.  Anyway, the thing went away and I was able to fly--sort of.  the Go 4 crashed every 30 seconds, so my experience was limited.
2017-12-5
Use props
Eric Twelker
lvl.1

United States

After reloading GO 4 and getting that to work, I tried to fly again.  The infernal non-waivable notice is back.  In looking at Raul's email again, it is clear that, like the DJI chat, he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.  Apparently, he thought I was in a restricted zone.  That is not the case.  No airports are anywhere nearby and only an MOA green zone is listed.  The problem here is coding.  I am thinking of going back to a prior version of GO 4.  This thing used to work . . . .
2017-12-6
Use props
Raul DJI
lvl.1

Philippines

Eric Twelker Posted at 2017-12-6 14:29
After reloading GO 4 and getting that to work, I tried to fly again.  The infernal non-waivable notice is back.  In looking at Raul's email again, it is clear that, like the DJI chat, he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.  Apparently, he thought I was in a restricted zone.  That is not the case.  No airports are anywhere nearby and only an MOA green zone is listed.  The problem here is coding.  I am thinking of going back to a prior version of GO 4.  This thing used to work . . . .

Hello again Eric,

Thank you for clarifying the matter for me. The pop-up is being initiated by the firmware of your aircraft and since it does seem that there's a DJI Go 4 app issue as well, it is worthwhile refreshing the DJI Go 4 app by uninstalling and installing the latest version again and do a firmware refresh as well.

Please let me know if the issue persists.
2017-12-6
Use props
Nijam219
lvl.4
Germany

Raul DJI Posted at 2017-12-6 18:53
Hello again Eric,

Thank you for clarifying the matter for me. The pop-up is being initiated by the firmware of your aircraft and since it does seem that there's a DJI Go 4 app issue as well, it is worthwhile refreshing the DJI Go 4 app by uninstalling and installing the latest version again and do a firmware refresh as well.

not helping.
2017-12-8
Use props
Eric Twelker
lvl.1

United States

Yes, this didn't work for me either, I am sorry to say.
2017-12-8
Use props
strixaluco
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Eric Twelker Posted at 2017-12-8 13:29
Yes, this didn't work for me either, I am sorry to say.

I still cannot believe DJI are not doing anything to correct this bug in the DJI GO 4 App. It beggars belief.
2017-12-9
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I have something that finally worked for me, load the app, take off as normal using the auto take off, swipe the app away on the iPhone while the drone hovers, load the app up again...since the drone is flying the notification issues go away....it's not the same as the take off with stick option which doesn't work....Annoying, but at least I can use the thing again!
2017-12-9
Use props
D1BRH
Flight distance : 300764 ft
United Kingdom

Hi  everyone, has anybody managed to solve this issue. I have the same problem. DJI Go 4 Version 4.1.18 (3018) iPhone 6 S.
A real pain and unable fly any useful flights due to safety concerns of only having limited view of the screen. I'm grounded through this issue at present.
Any help would be really appreciated.
2017-12-16
Use props
strixaluco
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Yesterday I upgraded the Spark software, today I tried to see if anything had changed with the annoying safety notification, nothing at all. It is still impossible to check the boxes and confirm and the message covers most of the phone screen.
However I followed  Jimbo 36078's suggestion 2 posts above and I am delighted I have finally found a way to fly the Spark safely:
1) take off the aircraft then let it hover 1 m high
2) close the app (Spark stays put still hovering 1 m above ground
3) re-open the app, re-connect app-Spark-RC
4) No more message, Spark still hovering

I still cannot believe DJI has done nothing to correct this glitch despite so many people informing them. The release notes of the new Spark software hint at the update of DJI GO 4 4.1.22, but I can't find anywhere.
Does anyone know if it is available for download?

These are the details of my gear:
DJI GO 4 4.1.18
IOS version 11.2.1
Iphone SE 32GB
Spark software V 01.00.0800
2017-12-16
Use props
Jimbo36078
United Kingdom

I think this is now fixed all...I can now check the box! Although I didn't update the app so don't really know what's happened but clearly dji have fixed it!
2017-12-29
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8035 ft
United States

I haven't flown since late last fall, fired up my PS3 Adv. today, and I have this Safety Notification taking up most of the screen on my iPad, the "yes" won't click, can't get rid of the message, so can't fly.  I tried rebooting everything, no help.  WTF is this?  I'm again, unable to fly for a rediculous reseason, not happy!   How can this issue be so old, and not fixed yet?
2018-6-2
Use props
fansa2194754
New

Germany

Half a year later, still the same problem after firmware update. It’s just one popup, how hard can it be to fix?
2018-6-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules