Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Several Issues after upgrade
807 11 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8953 ft
United States

Ive been going through reading the problems others are having with this upgrade. I have the following issues with my Phantom 4 after the upgrade.
***My Samsung tablet has booted multiple times while connected through the DJI go 4 app.
***My camera is screwy, lots of pixelation, screen mostly not viewable.

Over several hours, i have replaced cable between controller and tablet, reinstalled app software, double checked the upgrades to DJI equipment, replaced the SD card
and reset items in controller back to factory default.

Finally I installed Litchi on my tablet and i havent had anymore problems with tablet booting nor have i had the camera viewing problem. I flew it around for a while and
took several photos and a short video with no problems.

So it seems like it is a software issue either the app or the upgrade or a compatibility issue between between the two.

I personally like the DJI go 4 app better than  the Litchi app. Id like to get this corrected so I can go back to using the DJI app.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? Does the issue occur if change to another recommended mobile device?
2017-11-26
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

Info: App is version 4.1.18
2017-11-27
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

Acft is a standard P4 running 02.00.0106 and the controller is running 1.9.3, App is 4.1.18
2017-11-27
Use props
ClosEnuff
lvl.1
United States

I have been using the same Sansung SM-T377 for over a year but after upgrade the video messed up. I tried a Samsung tab A6 and the same thing happened. So today I connected to my phone a Samsung S7 and the video is great. So it seems that since the tablets still work like normal on all other Apps that maybe there is a glitch between the DJI Go 4 and Samsung OS??
2017-11-27
Use props
Buran
New
Russia

I have the same problem
phantom4 , ipad mini2
2017-11-27
Use props
fans616f16e0
New
United States

I spoke to the DJI support staff last week and they informed me that it is a programming issue that occurred with the new iOS 11.1.2 update.  They have their developers working on a new update and told me to watch the forums to learn when it is available. Not sure how true this is, but I am not happy to say the least. They have no projected date for the new release. They basically said try a different brand of device to operate from or wait! I have every apple device available to test and it does not work on any of them to include iPad 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6, and 7.

Sincerely,
2017-11-27
Use props
fans93cd634b
New
United States

ClosEnuff, I have the exact same problems, same tablet, same solution. I haven't flown all summer due to personal reasons. I grabbed my p4 a few weeks ago, did all updates and been grounded until yesterday.
I ended up losing everything and starting over. The app doesn't run at all on my tablet and after a email to support they told me the tablet I've been using for 2 seasons isn't supported. The app has all the glitches you described plus a "strong interference" message and my RTH altitude  keeps goin to 0. Not to mention the video is pixelated to the point you can't see anything.
I bought litchi on black friday, gave it a shot yesterday........perfect. Everything works again. I did recalibrate the IMU and compass but that's it.
I like The DJI app better but what are you supposed to do? If you find any problems with Litchi let us know, only one short flight for me. Going to try again today.
2017-11-29
Use props
tim ware
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issues with my P4 with ipad mini 2..........I will fly today with iPhone instead of ipad and see if that makes a difference. From what I am reading, that should be different.  If that is true then the problem is with the DJI software, is that correct statement?
2017-11-29
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

this is crazy....im still kind of a newbie but im having the exact same problems with my p4 and my note very strong pixelation to the point where you cant see and it says device locked sometimes and others it says not connected? ive heard about litchi on here for a while but i have no idea what it is i guess should check in to it or stay on the dirt.
2017-11-29
Use props
fansbb9ac8d7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42680 ft
United States

surfnhunt Posted at 2017-11-29 08:07
this is crazy....im still kind of a newbie but im having the exact same problems with my p4 and my note very strong pixelation to the point where you cant see and it says device locked sometimes and others it says not connected? ive heard about litchi on here for a while but i have no idea what it is i guess should check in to it or stay on the dirt.

I have the same problem the only way I can fly my P4 is with litchi . And it's still not as stable as it was when I first bought it. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Edge. I'm still waiting for an update that isn't a beta
2017-11-29
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

fansbb9ac8d7 Posted at 2017-11-29 09:44
I have the same problem the only way I can fly my P4 is with litchi . And it's still not as stable as it was when I first bought it. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Edge. I'm still waiting for an update that isn't a beta

well im probably going to get it but wow i just read quite a few terrible reviews about it.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules