Additional Compatability Questions
1109 7 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JLambright
lvl.1
United States

What capabilities of the DJI goggles will I be able to utilize with my Phantom 3 Pro? I have the optional HDMI module installed.

Will the current DJI Goggles be backward compatible with new drone model releases such as perhaps a Phantom 5 Pro or future Mavic Pro and retain the functionality listed in the current compatibility chart?
2017-11-26
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I certainly can't tell from reading the DJI web page for the goggles.  On one place the goggles are circled by "PHANTOM SERIES" and "3RD PARTY DEVICES" and "MAVIC PRO" etc which might lead one to believe they can be used with ALL Phantom series...

But then the fine print at the bottom says: "[1] DJI Goggles supports Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 series and Inspire series. Some functions will be adapted for different DJI Products."

But hey, I already have both the Fatshark and Headplay goggles so I'm not going to be adding any more to my overcrowded shelf space any time soon...
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You can only get the FPV when connected with the HDMI port. As for the future models, we are not sure, but will forward to the engineers.
2017-11-26
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Have you tried the dji goggles before?
If not i suggest you try before you buy a number of people including myself have had a bit of trouble with focus even those with 20 20 vision have noticed an issue trying to ficus on the screen. Dji goggles do not have a focus adjustment and in some cases requires some corrective lenses
2017-11-26
Use props
Marcelo Nannig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383602 ft
Chile

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-11-26 19:40
Have you tried the dji goggles before?
If not i suggest you try before you buy a number of people including myself have had a bit of trouble with focus even those with 20 20 vision have noticed an issue trying to ficus on the screen. Dji goggles do not have a focus adjustment and in some cases requires some corrective lenses

I have it... and that´s true..it only have horizontal lens separation to adjust, but not forward and backward...so 99% have difficulty to focus unless you buy a set of lenses.... but the resolution is incredible.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just bought the DJI goggles for my p4p, i use reading glasses and needed them for the googles, by focus was only just a little off in the goggles, perhaps those with 20/20 might not be quite 20/20, anyhoo, im just awaiting for my prescription details and i will get the inserts, but i hear you need to get one size up is this correct, i.e. if your script is 2.0 you need insert at 3.0?
2018-1-15
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-15 22:43
I have just bought the DJI goggles for my p4p, i use reading glasses and needed them for the googles, by focus was only just a little off in the goggles, perhaps those with 20/20 might not be quite 20/20, anyhoo, im just awaiting for my prescription details and i will get the inserts, but i hear you need to get one size up is this correct, i.e. if your script is 2.0 you need insert at 3.0?

Unfortunately i use multi focal lens in my glasses so i have no hope at all unless i use a specific pair of glasses just for the goggles and then of course the moment i take them off im  blind as a bat again  lol
2018-1-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah poo, is that what we brits call bifocal? a lens (at the bottom)  in a lens?
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules