Horizon Leveling Issue - Are YOU affected too?
749 16 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

[size=14.6667px]I’m having problems keeping the horizon level during flight. I’m on my 3rd Mavic now with this issue. I have made this video show the problem and collect feedback to establish the magnitude of the problem.

[size=14.6667px]Are you affected by this as well?[size=14.6667px]

2017-11-26
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

It's to hilly here to be able to test this here in the Ozarks. Plus the tree lines are all up and down too.
I would be spending all my time trying to get the horizon straight and not flying lol I really don't think i have this problem but will keep an eye on it.

2017-11-26
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure that the issue is the mountains in the Netherlands.  They're causing your country to tilt just a bit.  
Seriously, my Mavic's gimbal did show a tilted horizon after a small crash.  Nothing seemed damaged except that tilt.  I am able to eliminate it with the gimbal adjustment command that you showed in your video.  I'm at a +9 degrees, so not much room left if anything gets worse.  But, it's staying level with that adjustment, so my problem has been solved since it first showed up a couple of months ago.  I'll be watching this thread to see if my problem might be due to something more than that light crash.
2017-11-26
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

I can't watch the video, but yes my Mavic does not always re-level the camera when I fly sideways, it seems to lean a few degrees, and then somewhat very slowly corrects when I stop, but not fully. Most of my videos are leaning to the side one way or the other.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

sigkill Posted at 2017-11-26 19:10
I can't watch the video, but yes my Mavic does not always re-level the camera when I fly sideways, it seems to lean a few degrees, and then somewhat very slowly corrects when I stop, but not fully. Most of my videos are leaning to the side one way or the other.

Could you please upload a video of your case so I can learn some info in it.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Henrik, please help to confirm the gimbal is not in FPV mode, and according to your video, it only tilts in one direction, right? Will have our engineers to confirm, will come back later once I hear from them.
2017-11-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

All the DJI drones do this whilst strafing. Check YouTube &there are videos a few years old showing same issue. You can be on your 500th Mavic & it'll do it, so good luck!
2017-11-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-26 20:35
Hi Henrik, please help to confirm the gimbal is not in FPV mode, and according to your video, it only tilts in one direction, right? Will have our engineers to confirm, will come back later once I hear from them.

Yes, only to one side
2017-11-26
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Mine is the same too!
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sorry for the late update, could you please help to name the firmware info, I would like to forward it to our engineers to check. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-11-30
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's an option to adjust in settings. I've done it on the MP.
2017-11-30
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 04:33
Sorry for the late update, could you please help to name the firmware info, I would like to forward it to our engineers to check. Thanks for your feedback.

It's been sent back to DJI after talking to your support team.
2017-11-30
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-30 05:13
There's an option to adjust in settings. I've done it on the MP.

yes, but this happens dynamically
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2017-11-30 07:24
It's been sent back to DJI after talking to your support team.

Thank you for the update, we will help to take care of it. Hope you can get the drone back soon.
2017-12-2
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

[size=14.6667px]Did DJI manage to fix my Horizon?

[size=14.6667px]I have been looking forward to giving you an update on the DJI Horizon Horizon Issue that I talked about in one of my previous video Mavic Pro Horizon Issue

Just a note: The DJI Go 4 App shows battery status error. This happens because of the intelligent discharge of the battery where it goes to 66%, then Mavic get's confused when you fly. Did not have time to fully charge them before testing
2018-1-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

My P3A did this too.  I think it is just a "feature" of DJI.  My Mavic is better, but I notice the same symptoms.  When I launch, I climb up a bit and look at the horizon to see where it is.  Then I rotate 360 and stop in the same direction.  It usually leans heavily at that point and then VERY slowly relevels itself.  I'll sometimes go both directions 360 before letting it hover and check results.  When it settles down, I manually adjust it if necessary.  All the current firmware and software is loaded.  Other than that, not a hitch in the way this Nov/16 made MP works.
2018-1-10
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

Yep it's an unfortunate feature of the mavic.. randomly it can't get the horizon level
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules