Slow pace of expected enhancments
659 1 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffu
lvl.2

United States

I've had my Inspire for about 3 months now and absolutely love flying - very cool and very stable - I am however getting disappointed in the lack of progress from DJI on certain "App" features I would have expected by now.  

For instance, the ability to circle around a POI and the "follow me" feature - how long do we have to wait?  Seems like every day now some other drone company is coming out with drones capable of pulling off these features, yet no word from DJI.  I think some of these "cinematic" features are what's going to start differentiating the market.

It seems they have enough bandwidth to crank out the P3, but have yet to supply features that were originally demoed on the Inspire.

I understand there's supposed to be an SDK released soon, but I'm not sure how well that's all going to work out either - the App seems very complex and controls much of what your drone is doing in flight, do I really want to trust that to some third party app developer that's using the SDK?  I'd prefer some of these core features be added to the official app - but maybe I'm being too cautious.  

2015-4-13
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

Yeah ...POI would be nice. However, I would settle right now for a stable platform that doesn't jump in and out of GPS mode at inconvenient times...I am getting better at Atti mode though...This isnt what I paid over $4000.00 for...
2015-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules