Is the Normal?
1367 20 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Made a post the other day about GPS. Connected my drone to the RC via wifi and then the Galaxy Tab A to my RC via OTG today and I'm having no issues, but I have a question regarding satellites. When I'm direct connect via OTG all it says is "Ready to go GPS" doesn't show any satellites connected and shows my 2.4ghz. Then I disconnect and connect via wifi and it shows it's connected to 11-12 satellites. Is it supposed to show the satellites if I'm connected via OTG? Added some pics for reference. Sorry if this has been answered already.  I'm just concerned because it automatically sets a home point. With my Phantom 3 I'm used to having to set a home point and do a gps calibration every time. Just don't want a fly away.
IMG_9269.JPG
IMG_9270.JPG
2017-11-26
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Sorry the second pic is upside down.  Uploaded with my phone
2017-11-26
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-11-26 19:55
Sorry the second pic is upside down.  Uploaded with my phone[view_image]

The OTG cable doesn't come with the Spark because it doesn't work with the spark.  That is hold over software lines from when the DJI Go 4 app controls a Mavic.  You will get all kinds of odd glitches with the OTG cable controlling a Spark.

WiFi works as well as the OTG cable in back to back testing if you were wanting more range and believed the OTG drug pushers.  Want to buy my OTG cable?  It has never been used.  
2017-11-26
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-11-26 20:35
The OTG cable doesn't come with the Spark because it doesn't work with the spark.  That is hold over software lines from when the DJI Go 4 app controls a Mavic.  You will get all kinds of odd glitches with the OTG cable controlling a Spark.

WiFi works as well as the OTG cable in back to back testing if you were wanting more range and believed the OTG drug pushers.  Want to buy my OTG cable?  It has never been used.

I've connected to my spark via OTG with no issues so far. I flew it today and yesterday and no glitches as far has I can tell. However, I'll probably be using my 5th gen iPad as the primary display when it comes in and how well it tests against the Galaxy Tab A.
2017-11-26
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-11-26 20:39
I've connected to my spark via OTG with no issues so far. I flew it today and yesterday and no glitches as far has I can tell. However, I'll probably be using my 5th gen iPad as the primary display when it comes in and how well it tests against the Galaxy Tab A.

Then I misread your post.  I thought you had problems with the OTG.  As long as it works for you.  Another satisfied Dji customer

BTW, don't fly if you don't have any satillites.
2017-11-26
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-11-26 20:56
Then I misread your post.  I thought you had problems with the OTG.  As long as it works for you.  Another satisfied Dji customer

Yeah, just trying to figure out if it's normal or if it's a software glitch due to having the OTG installed. I figure the aircraft is connected to some because when I take off it hovers in place and doesn't drift.
2017-11-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-11-26 20:39

seems to me, you got auto updated to the last version 4.1.18 , since your last successful flight.
Get back to 4.1.14 or 4.1.15 and your OTG will work again!

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... -release/#downloads
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-11-26 19:55
Sorry the second pic is upside down.  Uploaded with my phone[view_image]

When you connect your spark with wifi connection, did it display the information normally? If not, please provide the flight data and black box for analysis. The situation will be reflected. Thanks for attention.
2017-11-26
Use props
Neeon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 453701 ft
Fiji

Blame it on the recent update, many spark users reported the when connected via OTG many crucial info like satellite, batt %, height, distance, altitude, etc are missing but when your connected via WiFi everything goes back to normal. Hope DJI make OTG connection a permanent one on the next update.   
2017-11-26
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-26 22:31
When you connect your spark with wifi connection, did it display the information normally? If not, please provide the flight data and black box for analysis. The situation will be reflected. Thanks for attention.

It did display all of the information correctly when I connected via WiFi only.  Through the OTG it doesn't show satellites, voltage and temp.
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Neeon Posted at 2017-11-26 22:54
Blame it on the recent update, many spark users reported the when connected via OTG many crucial info like satellite, batt %, height, distance, altitude, etc are missing but when your connected via WiFi everything goes back to normal. Hope DJI make OTG connection a permanent one on the next update.

Hopefully they can fix the issue in the next update. That would be nice. I have noticed that even on wifi the screen glitches in and out.  Might be because the Tab A doesn't have the computing power. We'll see what the iPad can do.
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-26 21:50
seems to me, you got auto updated to the last version 4.1.18 , since your last successful flight.
Get back to 4.1.14 or 4.1.15 and your OTG will work again!

Thanks for this. I'll need to see if I can find a video on how to go back to the previous update.
2017-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Sync your flights
Uninstall version 4.1.18
(Have you checked, that you are now on 4.1.18?)
Install a previous version from apk mirror
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... -release/#downloads
(The new version will download a database, 64 Mb, after firsttime started)
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-27 16:21
Sync your flights
Uninstall version 4.1.18
(Have you checked, that you are now on 4.1.18?)

I'm definitely on the newest version. I'm rolling back to the previous version via the DJI assistant right now. If that doesn't work I'll go through a different app using the link the the firmware you gave me.
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Well, I just rolled back to the previous version of the firmware and still the same thing.  Thought I'd give everyone an update.  No change.  I can still take off, but now I'm given the prompt of "firmware update required."  May just fly it using Wifi only until DJI fixes the OTG issue.
2017-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-11-27 16:49
I'm definitely on the newest version. I'm rolling back to the previous version via the DJI assistant right now. If that doesn't work I'll go through a different app using the link the the firmware you gave me.

Do I understand you right, you rolled back the firmware from .701 to .600?
I did not talk about the (Spark) firmware
I talked about the app, rolling back from 4.1.18 to 4.1.15
And you dont need DJI Assistant for that.
Only uninstall and install on your phone!

2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-27 17:52
Do I understand you right, you rolled back the firmware from .7012 to .600?
I did not talk about the (Spark) firmware
I talked about the app, roling back from 4.1.18 to 4.1.15

Ah sorry my mistake. You were talking about the app. I'll roll that back as well. I went to the previous AC firmware today so I'll try to rollback to the previous software on the Tab A.
2017-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

VicGenesis Posted at 2017-11-27 19:53
Ah sorry my mistake. You were talking about the app. I'll roll that back as well. I went to the previous AC firmware today so I'll try to rollback to the previous software on the Tab A.
SYNC YOUR FLIGHTS FIRST!
Afaik the .701 is pretty stabil.
The OTG trouble is only the app v.4.1.18
As you have proven now ;-)

And I assume, you wanna have the sphere picture option: .701 it is!
plus 4.1.15 (or 4.1.14 like on my OP5 and Huawei Mediapad! ;-)
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-27 20:04
SYNC YOUR FLIGHTS FIRST!
Afaik the .701 is pretty stabil.
The OTG trouble is only the app v.4.1.18

I synced all of my flights this morning, thanks. Will update with results.
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Just rolled back to the  version you suggested. Fixed the OTG issue and I can now see satellites! Thank you so much!!! Pics show with OTG. Data is back.First 2 pics w/OTG and the last is via WiFi only
Screenshot_2017-11-27-21-27-46.jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-27-21-28-19.jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-27-21-30-41.jpg
2017-11-27
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Correction. First pic is WiFi only and Last two are OTG with WiFi turned off.  
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules