926 2 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

The stock Inspire 2 controller will continue to charge the smart device even after it is turned off, plugged in and or is fully charged itself.  My Cendence does not have this capability.  It seems to only charge the smart device while on.  It will not charge the smart device while its turned off but still charging or fully charged.  I hope in future firmware updates this is corrected.  Please advise me if I'm doing something wrong or this is not what others have found out.  And before anyone asks all my devices have been updated.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Did your Cendence stop charging your smart device when it disconnected to the app? Thanks for your support.
2017-12-2
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

The original remote would continue to charge the smart device regardless of the power state of the remote or smart device as long as long the remote itself was being charged.  Did not matter if the app was running or not.

It appears the Cendence will only maintain the charge while powered up, It doesn't seem to matter what the state of the app is, disconnected or not.  

I have added another item in my preflight checklist to check the charging status of the smart device after both the Cendence and smart device are powered on.  

If it indicates that the smart device is not charging, I replug the smart device and then it shows the charging state is on.   

In the future the app should also indicate the charge status and battery level of the smart device on the flight screen in addition to the remote and aircraft battery charge levels during flight, its a bother to exit the flight screen to check.

I'm using the Epson BT-300 glasses.

Next time I fly I'll review the situation and provide more details.  
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules