Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Authorised service and repair centres
2039 11 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NGF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I recently posted regarding slight damage to my phantom 4.

I put in a case report to DJI and have since received the packing label but after reading a blog about the repair process I am having second thoughts to send the item for service.

As said in my previous thread, slight damage which is a broken receiver wire inside the rear leg. The machine runs fine and all that concerns me is the broken wire and the aesthetic damage to the leg inspection hatch, I had done the damage trying to click it back into place which resulted in me shearing the wire.

I have no concerns whatsoever sending the machine to Holland, it is just their turn-around time of 4 weeks.

I go away in 6 weeks and need to take the machine with me.

I have found a place that is authorised repairer near to me in Wolverhampton

Has anyone had dealings with them? https://www.thedroneworx.co.uk
They have great reviews on Trust Pilot but above all, they’re convenient to my needs.

I just want the machine carefully checked out, a new landing leg(s) which come with the receiver wire and returned in time for my holiday.

2017-11-27
Use props
Drone-Mike
First Officer

United Kingdom

I would use these guys. I smashed my Mavic arm a couple of months ago and they sorted it quickly! https://www.heliguy.com/dji-uk-repair-centre-i18
2017-11-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I bought a Mavic about 3-4 months ago, RC went faulty after a couple of days. It took four days to get to Netherlands, two days for DJI to turn around, and four days to get back to me with a new RC. And their communication was good. Of course it may not be like that for all, but it's one example of good service.

2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to send it in to the official service center for repair, so that we can follow up the status and keep you posted.
2017-11-28
Use props
NGF
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-28 05:13
I would recommend you to send it in to the official service center for repair, so that we can follow up the status and keep you posted.

I've looked into these so called service centre and its the same place that my Xbox went to for repair.
The same as Drone Work in Wolverhampton.
I've took my craft to Wolverhampton, hand delivered.
They will have it sorted by the end of the week.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

NGF Posted at 2017-11-28 22:36
I've looked into these so called service centre and its the same place that my Xbox went to for repair.
The same as Drone Work in Wolverhampton.
I've took my craft to Wolverhampton, hand delivered.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Wish you get the drone back timely.
2017-12-1
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 03:40
Thanks for keeping us updated. Wish you get the drone back timely.

Hi Susan, are these guys authorized to do warranty repairs under a DJI case # ??
They say they are an authorized "DJI Repair Facility"    Drone Nerds
2017-12-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The severed cable will have to be replaced. This will involve taking the top shell off. If the place has the part on hand, it shouldn't take that long. More than likely, it will have to be ordered.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-1 04:30
Hi Susan, are these guys authorized to do warranty repairs under a DJI case # ??
They say they are an authorized "DJI Repair Facility"    Drone Nerds

QuadKid, the case number can be tracked only in DJI Official Service Center. For the authorized dealers or local recommended service centers, I'm afraid that it is not available to track due to we use different systems.
2017-12-1
Use props
NGF
Second Officer

United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-1 04:41
The severed cable will have to be replaced. This will involve taking the top shell off. If the place has the part on hand, it shouldn't take that long. More than likely, it will have to be ordered.

Thats correct.
I didn't want to take any chances so I have had the entire shell replaced along with the landing gear.
2017-12-1
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 23:18
QuadKid, the case number can be tracked only in DJI Official Service Center. For the authorized dealers or local recommended service centers, I'm afraid that it is not available to track due to we use different systems.

Thank you Susan Good to know;)
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

QuadKid Posted at 2017-12-2 01:29
Thank you Susan Good to know;)

My pleasure. Welcome to contact us if you have more questions.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules