777008 777008 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris.BooseyT-U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1082011 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys

Really hope someone here can help. We have recently purchased a Matrice 210 RTK and are already having problem. So far we have been unable to get the Matrice off the ground.
After having issues updating firmware and pairing the Datalink Pro ground and sky we have no RTK signal and it shows cannont take off. Obviously if we switch off RTK then we can take off.

The Ground Station goes green and both the datalink pro's connect ok but under RTK Satellite Status is shows 0 under Base Station. Every once in a while it also shows "RTK base station data not recieved" or RTK signal weak. We have made sure that the Ground Station is set to UART and the Data Link on the controller is set to CAN. Am I missing something?

I have tried so many different thing to resolve this but so far we are getting no where.

Hope someone can help.

Chris

2017-11-28
Use props
fanse3abdbe6
New

Canada

Hello Chris, Have you resolved your issues?
2017-12-5
Use props
frontalmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221588 ft
  • >>>
Norway

We do have the exact same issue with our new Matrice 210 RTK

Thanks,
Kurt Naeslund
Frontal Media as
Norway
2017-12-21
Use props
djiuser_t7wmt6Z
lvl.2
United States

im having the same issues. What is the deal?
2017-12-23
Use props
dxtrty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I had the same problem, after a swap of the single to double gimbal  mounting ...
Link AC again (set togg butt. to  RTK ) to Ass.2 and go through whole update  allthough i had the latest FW. i did the [refresh] any way... go's quiet fast
When RTK GS linked to Ass2 (set the togg. butt. to combo etc. see p 38)  in setting tab  fill-inn coord's in top fields  ; in FW do a refresch (V1.0.0.22)  [back2  UART]
Link DataLink Pro-Sky to Ass2 (no power-on TX)  FW update _>refresh (V1.00.14)  [back2 CAN]
Did a test outside today - it worked !-)  also did  reset on the GS -> the height indicated changed 5m ...
What still does't work;
Detail indic. of the Batt's
C1 and C2 butt. on TX  don't keep the set option
No crosswires on the CSky screen
-TB55 now indicates correct load - after total drain.
2017-12-24
Use props
djiuser_4BIRfVd
lvl.2

Russia

Welcome! Who knows the release date of the flight planning in the DJI Pilot? What's the point of buying a drone like this cost and not be able to work normally? Propose to require from DJI for a speedy solution to this problem.
2017-12-28
Use props
Mine Drone
New

Australia

Hey guys I am new to the Matrice 210 RTK club and loving it ....
I have the same issue as the original post with my RTK not working. Everything is updated 2 green lights on base station and the green light on controller yet noting on the app.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have contacted the company I brought it from however they were not able to offer any valuable support.......
2018-1-5
Use props
DRONE SOLUTIONS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12703261 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Same issue here!
2018-1-14
Use props
Dadelanger
lvl.2

United States

Same issue here. I have only been able to fly manually (GPS) and not gotten my RTK to work ever. Also this 7km range is a joke. the image transmission signal can only get 4500-5000ft max on flat ground, less in mountains. The software for these are very glitchy and I have to reboot often to get every thing to work together. I feel like DJI rolled this product out prematurely and I hope they will fix issues.
2018-1-15
Use props
DRONE SOLUTIONS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

It is regrettable to see that this thread is open from November 28th, and still there is no reply or suggestions on this issue from DJI.
2018-1-19
Use props
fans621af22f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 396365 ft
United States

Using Assistant 2, be sure the mode is set to Full Duplex (NOT Broadcast) in both Ground and Air stations.  
2018-1-19
Use props
DRONE SOLUTIONS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

We have tried both configurations (Full Dublex and Broadcast) and we keep getting the same message 'RTK base station data not received''.
The only difference is that in Full Dublex mode you getting  ''green'' light Working Status for linking the Datalink Pro Air System and Datalink Pro Ground System, whereas in Broadcast mode the Working Status Leds are ''blue''.
Moreover, although aircraft's ANT1 and ANT2 are receiving satellites (both GPS+GLONASS), the Aircraft's coordinates are displayed as N/A.
Same for Heading Angle (N/A).
2018-1-20
Use props
DRONE SOLUTIONS
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

My wild guess is that something is wrong with Heading Angle (Orientation + Positioning). I think both should be light up, instead of being grey.

RTK Satelite Status.jpg
2018-1-20
Use props
Texer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50804 ft

Canada

I would like to share my very recent DJI M210 RTK operation experience in the Arctic at 80N.

Before the operations the drone, ground station, remote controller, datalink pro and CrystalSky tablet have been updated to the latest firmware and software (as of February 16, 2018).
RTK has been successfully activated on all devices.
Ground station finds its location and so does the drone, I can see the coordinates and altitude in the DJI GO 4 app.
IMU and compass calibration is successful as well.
Now the interesting part starts.

Drone behaves very inconsistent when I try to fly it.
In about 50% of the cases it has issues at take off and does not start the motors showing the following warnings and errors:
1. Navigation system error. Check redundancy state. (Drone status LED is solid red)
2. IMU initializing. Do not move aircraft until it completes.
3. Weak RTK signal.
4. RTK and compass angle bias is too large. Check RTK and compass installation.
No 1 in the most frequent one.

In another 50% of the cases I am able to start the motors and perform a flight but:
1. The drone switches to ATTI mode very frequently
2. Looses GPS lock.
3. Drifts a lot.
4. Circles around.
Very often drone status LEDs turns red during the flight.
The following warnings and errors periodically pop up on the tablet screen:
1. Magnetic field interference. Exit P-GPS Mode.
2. Weak GPS signal. Aircraft is in Attitude mode and hovering may be unstable. Fly with caution.
3. Navigation system error. Check redundancy state.
4. RTK base station data not received.
I also tried to fly the drone in the field far away from any buildings and metal objects as well as near our base. The behavior is identical in both cases.
I have to mention that outside temperature during the flights was withing -20 +45C operating temperature range stated in the user manual.

I hope this experience would interest DJI and the company would be able to provide some help.
2018-2-17
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

Texer Posted at 2018-2-17 18:22
I would like to share my very recent DJI M210 RTK operation experience in the Arctic at 80N.

Before the operations the drone, ground station, remote controller, datalink pro and CrystalSky tablet have been updated to the latest firmware and software (as of February 16, 2018).

We get the same behavior in our M210 (no RTK), it seems that the GPS takes over if it sees a large difference in what RTK and GPS says (this is very reasonable, since the GPS should be more reliable than RTK in emergency situations) -  so when the GPS goes haywire the RTK does not help and the drone does "donuts" in the air, drifts and everything.

Does your unit also when you make it go forward it goes kind of diagonally, when you let go of the sticks it drifts to one side (left in our case) before stopping and holding position? (the wind is not a factor here)
Thanks in advance!
2018-2-19
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

this thread shows about 10 x M210 owners who can't use their new stuff....   > 200 000$ thread ! and no DJI's answer!
2018-2-19
Use props
Texer
lvl.2

Canada

Pawell Posted at 2018-2-19 00:31
We get the same behavior in our M210 (no RTK), it seems that the GPS takes over if it sees a large difference in what RTK and GPS says (this is very reasonable, since the GPS should be more reliable than RTK in emergency situations) -  so when the GPS goes haywire the RTK does not help and the drone does "donuts" in the air, drifts and everything.

Does your unit also when you make it go forward it goes kind of diagonally, when you let go of the sticks it drifts to one side (left in our case) before stopping and holding position? (the wind is not a factor here)

Yes, it does. Wind is not a factor, since I am flying only at calm conditions due to the nature of things I am things to do with the drone.
Before we have experienced similar results with M100, which is not RTK.
And again there was no help from DJI at all.
2018-2-19
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

Texer Posted at 2018-2-19 08:11
Yes, it does. Wind is not a factor, since I am flying only at calm conditions due to the nature of things I am things to do with the drone.
Before we have experienced similar results with M100, which is not RTK.
And again there was no help from DJI at all.

So the mavic is more reliable than a ten thousand $ machine, DJI enterprise treatment at it's best.
So lucky to be out of this mess.
2018-2-20
Use props
Aldrichg8
lvl.1

United States

Yes I have an m210 rtk that drifts when I stop when using only onboard gps.  

Also an I2 that goes at a diagonal.  
2018-2-20
Use props
fansd6ac8686
lvl.1
Flight distance : 462274 ft
United States

We just received a replacement M210-RTK from our distributor to replace one that was experiences similar issues to what you all described above.  After the better part of two days of prep, activations and updates, we are having a somewhat similar issue -- but this time the RTK appears to be connected properly with all green lights, yet the aircraft refuses to take off in RTK mode and appear to be getting no GPS data (see screenshot below).  This experience has been beyond frustrating to say the least.
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_A95gb8iOmSWn
lvl.1
United States

fansd6ac8686 Posted at 2018-2-20 07:43
[view_image]

We just received a replacement M210-RTK from our distributor to replace one that was experiences similar issues to what you all described above.  After the better part of two days of prep, activations and updates, we are having a somewhat similar issue -- but this time the RTK appears to be connected properly with all green lights, yet the aircraft refuses to take off in RTK mode and appear to be getting no GPS data (see screenshot below).  This experience has been beyond frustrating to say the least.

Step one is to wait, the orientation and position will link up automatically sometimes it can take up to 20 mins.
2018-2-20
Use props
fansd6ac8686
lvl.1
Flight distance : 462274 ft
United States

djiuser_A95gb8iOmSWn Posted at 2018-2-20 09:19
Step one is to wait, the orientation and position will link up automatically sometimes it can take up to 20 mins.

Thanks -- will try to be a bit more patient and let you know what happens.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we are so sorry for the experience with Matrice 210 RTK, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, we will keep you updated once we hear from them, we sincerely apologize for the trouble caused and appreciate your patience.
2018-2-23
Use props
Mingxi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15138 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Chris, was your RTK on the M210RTK activated?
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

[view_image]

We just received a replacement M210-RTK from our distributor to replace one that was experiences similar issues to what you all described above.  After the better part of two days of prep, activations and updates, we are having a somewhat similar issue -- but this time the RTK appears to be connected properly with all green lights, yet the aircraft refuses to take off in RTK mode and appear to be getting no GPS data (see screenshot below).  This experience has been beyond frustrating to say the least.

Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused, just to verify, did you try different open places? Since the GPS signal is too weak, the aircraft may not take off, please make sure the satellite is detected as 9 or above and then let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Chris, could you please reply the post in 24#? Was your RTK on the M210RTK activated? Thank you.
2018-2-24
Use props
Hurricane323
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

Hi everyone,

Please plug in the Air system and ground station to the assistant software and ensure both are updated to latest firmware and in run mode it’s set to full duplex.

Confirm that the air system and ground is reading as m210 rtk and not just rtk. All led indicators should be green.

Power on ground station first followed by air system (RC) and aircraft (toggle switch rtk). Now wait orientation and position to turn blue on screen and coordinates will follow shortly.

Thanks,

Ps. Update every device to the latest FW.

2018-2-28
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

Make sure the CAN/UART switches on your devices are in the correct place as indicated:

https://imgur.com/a/bKRdK

2018-3-1
Use props
DRONE SOLUTIONS GREECE
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-24 02:44
Hi there, sorry for the trouble caused, just to verify, did you try different open places? Since the GPS signal is too weak, the aircraft may not take off, please make sure the satellite is detected as 9 or above and then let us know if the issue persists, thank you.

Hello Mindy,
It was about time someone from DJI to respond.
Any suggestions for our issues?
2018-3-1
Use props
Texer
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Mindy,
Any updates on the issues?
2018-3-19
Use props
Vhenderson
lvl.1

Hi Guys,

It has been about 8 days since our company got a M210RTK and we experienced the RTK connectivity problem in the beginning. What corrected for us was making sure all items were activited through DJI Assistant and updated with the latest firmware. What we noticed that was especially tricky is that the little grey 3 position switch (USB Mode switch) next to the pair button for the Matrice 210 RTK . When you pick one of the 3 positions you access different devices on the DJI assistant app. For example, one position is for the M210 to PC, another is for the RTK to PC and the third M210 to Mobile.

After playing with all that i got the system to work on a very short test flight but, this weekend will be the real test when we take it through a series of trial job mock ups and get at least 2 or 3 hours of air time in.
2018-3-23
Use props
m2101000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616877 ft
  • >>>

Vhenderson Posted at 2018-3-23 16:20
Hi Guys,

It has been about 8 days since our company got a M210RTK and we experienced the RTK connectivity problem in the beginning. What corrected for us was making sure all items were activited through DJI Assistant and updated with the latest firmware. What we noticed that was especially tricky is that the little grey 3 position switch (USB Mode switch) next to the pair button for the Matrice 210 RTK . When you pick one of the 3 positions you access different devices on the DJI assistant app. For example, one position is for the M210 to PC, another is for the RTK to PC and the third M210 to Mobile.

Extremely helpful tip...

Finally.........
2018-4-10
Use props
m 210 - 2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616877 ft
  • >>>

Not sure if this is redundant or if any of this helps. If any information is wrong please feel free to correct me. And anyone that has had issues revolved please help others.

I have had serial issues getting the everything working properly myself. I wish DJI would come up with a video or checklist to make setup easier.

Check for firmware updates on all these:

Computer
1.) DJI Assistant: 2v.1.20

Drone: Use the toggle switch on the back of the Matrice.
1.) Matrice: V01.01.600
2. )RTK: V.1.0.0.22

Remote:
1. )Cendence GL800A: V1.0.0.17
2. )Crystal Sky CS785: V02.05.00.00
3. )M210 RTK DataLink Pro 900 "SKY": V1.0.0.14 (Set on full broadcast) use tabs in DJI Assistant to select.

Ground Station:
1.) D-RTK: V01.30.0.10
2.) M210 RTK DataLink Pro 900 "Ground": V1.0.017 (set to full broadcast) use tabs in DJI Assistant to select.

Camera:
1.) Zenmuse z30: V01.30.0.10
2.) Zenmuse xt: V01.30.0.10

Use this as a checklist, each one needs to be addressed.

Other information I have gathered from trial and error.

1.) You can not run dual cameras in DJI Go4.
2.) You have to have DJI Pilot Beta selected as the main USB option with nothing running in the background. There are videos on how to close out other apps running in the background. I have even gone as far as "rebooting" the remote and selecting the DJI Pilot Beta.
3.) Be sure to have the cameras located in the correct position on the drone depending on what cameras you are running. A gimbal warning will come up or I have had the matrice/ remote not connect entirely due to improper camera placement.
4.) Check for updates on the Crystal Sky itself. This has to be done on the Crystal Sky via the settings menu.
5.) Check for fly safe regulations/ updates.
6.) Be sure to check your SD cards and that they are compatible with the Matrice. Cheap SD cards might cause issues. These is a list in DJI manual.
7.) Be sure that the three part toggle switch on the back of the Matrice is in the "RTK" which is hard to tell due to construction of toggle switch.
8.) Be sure to let the ground station "warm up" let the LED turn green before turning on the Matrice.
9.) Once ground station is "warmed up" turn on the Matrice. Let it "warm up" then turn on remote.
10.) Let the remoter connect to the Matrice. Once all three are connected correct the LED lights on the ground station, datalink pro 900 "sky", datalink pro 900 "ground" will all be green.

* Another bit of information I have gathered on this form is issues with the BT55 batteries. I'm not sure this is a accurate but I have done it anyways. I have updates the firmware on the Matrice with any new set of BT55 batteries (in the Matrice) that I have purchased. (I have also read that the batteries need to sit for 90 minuets before use after a firmware update) The batteries link together and should be labeled with the stickers DJI has provided. BE SURE to keep a look out for battery voltage warnings. I ran each set of BT55 batteries through a full cycle about 1' of the ground to ensure nothing was wrong. If something were to malfunction a short fall is best.*

Most of this has been trial and error. Some of it gather on forums and other people complaining. There is helpful info. on the DJI website via Matrice user manual. It would ne nice If everything was in one place on one solid video. Hopefully this will help some frustrations. And/or any new Matrice owners in the future.

Best of luck

2018-4-10
Use props
Chris.BooseyT-UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1082011 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, so sorry for the delayed reply. Not been on here in ages. We sent the whole thing back in the end and received a new unit. It all worked however we have returned to DJI as initially thought the RTK would be suitable for mapping without GCP. This is not the case. Location is only more accurate during hovering. So its back to the trusty M200, Phantom 4 Pro and good old Ground control. How's everyone else getting on with their RTKs?
2018-4-10
Use props
fans29ae36a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21558 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

If not mistaken, if you have a laptop with you and a survey GPS, you can key in the coordinates for the base unit using assistant 2. I don't know if it makes the images geotagged with RTK precision
2018-4-15
Use props
AAI-1
New

United States

Same Issue, but it is telling me "Weak RTK signal"
2018-11-7
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

You set this up with the correct assistant 2 software? You checked duplex  or broadcast mode?
2018-11-13
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans29ae36a7 Posted at 4-15 02:28
If not mistaken, if you have a laptop with you and a survey GPS, you can key in the coordinates for the base unit using assistant 2. I don't know if it makes the images geotagged with RTK precision

No, it is my understanding that you set them when you are over a known gcp. Otherwise leave them blank. The d-RTK will set the coordinates and if you want to force a reset, hold button for 3seconds.
2018-11-13
Use props
Texer
lvl.2

Canada

After one year we are back in the field at 80N.
The same bird has been repaired by warranty twice since last year, but the problems did not go away - RTK still does not work at 80N.
And flights in GPS mode with RTK off are unstable as it was described before, donuts and sideways flying are pretty common.
But I have to point out that the bird does fly well either with RTK or noRTK at our southern place at 45N.

2019-2-19
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Texer Posted at 2-19 18:40
After one year we are back in the field at 80N.
The same bird has been repaired by warranty twice since last year, but the problems did not go away - RTK still does not work at 80N.
And flights in GPS mode with RTK off are unstable as it was described before, donuts and sideways flying are pretty common.

Man, Texer that is awful.

I've done a lot of (non-UAS) work N & S of 70° and know how bad it sucks when the kit your brought won't perform, despite your best efforts to test beforehand and prepare for the worst.

The expense of getting there, and the frustration of not being able to complete the mission as planned are maddening.

Hang in there, and thank you for sharing your experiences- I'm getting ready to jump into the M200 realm myself (maybe V2), and these RTK horror stories are quite sobering.
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules