Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Seagate DJI Fly Drive – WORTH IT?
1513 4 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claudia Fischer
lvl.4
Germany

Hi

have found this new Seagate DJI Fly Drive: DJI Online Store

The description says: 'Integrated UHS-II microSD card slot and a reversible USB-C cable that tucks securely beneath the bumper, so users can transfer footage quickly in the field to latest-generation computers.'

It has a protective removable rubber exterior that makes it suitable for use in the field. It obviously has a micro SD slot, so you can just pop your memory card from your drone in that Fly Drive and easily and quickly transfer files directly to the drive. My question: Do I still need a PC for file transfer? Because without a PC that does not seem to work! It is a pity that it is not mentioned.

Where is the real added value of this hard drive?

medium_19cf3500-66c2-4afe-b837-5438e268c142.jpg medium_9258abc1-0b79-4735-b38c-f6bbe30c78ba.jpg
2017-11-28
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

It's just an overpriced DJI-branded external drive. I wouldn't.
2017-11-28
Use props
Privateer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117493 ft
United States

Yes still need the PC or Mac to do file transfers. For me the Fly Drive was worth it since I use a Mac Air in the field, so having the micro SD slot on the drive while keeping the only free SD slot open on the computer was just a great benefit. I can copy to the drive and give the customer a SD card quickly. Hope this helps.
2017-12-2
Use props
John7219
lvl.1

France

What I like the most about the DJI Fly Drive is the type-C USB support. Moreover, I tested it and it is compatible with the https://driver.support/samsung-printer-driver-support/
2018-8-20
Use props
pinkmenprints
Second Officer
Singapore

More microSD card solve the problem of being in the fielde with a higher reliability and at a lower price
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules