Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
After Market Antennas
1399 14 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Hello DJI ,

Are there any after market antennas that DJI approves of and will not void the warranty ?

Has anyone outside of warranty added a boosted antenna with sucess ?

Thanks for the input.
2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Hello JamesWhenman ,I've seen a lot on this topic and I do not dare to try any since the results are very variable ( im still under warranty) ... I'm not sure if DJI recommends it
2017-11-28
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Personally, I think instead of "replacing" the antenna, the safer bet in regards to warranty is to purchase an antenna booster.  These seem to be a very affordable benefit without replacing the antennas themselves. Here is the one that I recommend:  Antenna booster for DJI Phantom 4 Pro
2017-11-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't think you can mess with the ufl cables in the controller and not violate the warranty.  What you could do is buy a second controller, mod and link that one, and then if you later have an issue with your AC unrelated to the mod, relink the original controller and contact DJI.

They may see that you have used another controller in the logs, but I don't know if that would kill the warranty.  
2017-11-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes, I am using the Titan Cyclone and the Titan Atlas, these are not approved by DJI

2017-11-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If they just wouldn't limit the power of the stock ones, then we wouldn't have to be talking about this.
2017-11-28
Use props
Dockater
First Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Hi James, be aware that the type of solution used by Kuya Kano although effective is not a true “booster” it simply channels more of the available signal in the forward direction, you need to be very careful to remain facing the drone at all times, also when it is overhead. Count yourself lucky to be in the USA, in Europe we have our range SW and FW limited in comparison to you. As to warrantee limitations, you bet it is going to be your fault whatever.
2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

lannes Posted at 2017-11-28 06:12
Yes, I am using the Titan Cyclone and the Titan Atlas, these are not approved by DJI

[view_image]

Wow !! Sure a clear flight !!
2017-11-28
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-28 09:01
Wow !! Sure a clear flight !!

Extremely clear, didn't want extreme range but just the best signal possible.
2017-11-28
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
United States

Thanks to all who have responded so far.
Mine is still under warranty and I will not be doing any mods until that expires.
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

JamesWhenman Posted at 2017-11-29 09:27
Mine is still under warranty and I will not be doing any mods until that expires.

Thanks to you !! I ll do the same ;)
2017-11-29
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
United States

Kuya Kano Posted at 2017-11-28 05:48
Personally, I think instead of "replacing" the antenna, the safer bet in regards to warranty is to purchase an antenna booster.  These seem to be a very affordable benefit without replacing the antennas themselves. Here is the one that I recommend:  Antenna booster for DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Hey Kuya Kano,

I do have those from TOZO. My current experience using those is limited due to the fact that where I live has a lot of 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz signal traffic. they do help some, but I have to aim at the AC all the time to see any help. I imagine out of city usage would give a maximum range boost for both control and video.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JamesWhenman Posted at 2017-11-29 09:27

Hi, James. If your antennas broke, I would recommend you send it back for repair. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-3
Use props
JamesWhenman
Second Officer
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-3 01:14
Hi, James. If your antennas broke, I would recommend you send it back for repair. Thanks for your cooperation.

No it's not broke . Everything is fine.
2017-12-3
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

For not breaking warranty and still boosting signal, I would use the parabolic reflectors that just slip over the existing antennas.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules