Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark IMU not cLibrating
1722 16 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans276fcf86
Flight distance : 23488 ft
Australia

Hello al

I was having problems with the spark..basically the altitude was all wrong and this led to a crash and "falling out of the sky" issues

I thought calibrating the IMU Wouk perhaps solve the issue

I started with a full battery went down to one bar but the IMU calibration just didn't work.

Tried twice.

Each time it seems to hang and not go beyond step 2

Any sugggestions? Am. I doing something wrong?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please put your spark on the flat and cool down your drone before calibration. I would not recommend you move it during calibration. Any error message from the app?
2017-11-28
Use props
fans276fcf86
Australia

I placed the spark on a flat surface - indoors though

Would that cause a problem?

The battery wasn’t hot

I didn’t get any error message from the app
2017-11-29
Use props
fans276fcf86
Australia

Another call out for help or suggestions. I updated the firmware in the hope that this would help, but the IMU still will not calibrate-it just hangs at step 2

No error message.

May help would be greatly appreciated. At this time the spark does not accurately record altitude which is causing huge problems for me

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
2018-1-4
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

fans276fcf86 Posted at 2018-1-4 22:31
Another call out for help or suggestions. I updated the firmware in the hope that this would help, but the IMU still will not calibrate-it just hangs at step 2

No error message.

Did you take off the propellers?
2018-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans276fcf86 Posted at 2018-1-4 22:31

No error message.

Are you changing the position of aircraft each time phases are complete ? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
2018-1-5
Use props
MKPSG12
First Officer
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 04:02
Are you changing the position of aircraft each time phases are complete ? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

That isn't a stupid question and was the exact 'problem' i was having when i did mine, and suspect its what is happening with the OP!

In fairness if you don't know what an IMU/the process is, the prompts, or rather lack of them on the app don't make it obvious (well, not to daft people like me!)

OP - The picture shown doesn't show the Spark from above, its supposed to be on its side facing to the left, do this and the next position/step will show itself.

I burned a full battery trying to figure this out, lol!
2018-1-5
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-1-4 23:01
Did you take off the propellers?

i had to do mine with them on as the drone won't stand up vertically otherwise.
2018-1-5
Use props
Roberto Lafarga
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140010 ft
Mexico

fansa6d9d300 Posted at 2018-1-5 07:27
i had to do mine with them on as the drone won't stand up vertically otherwise.

Maybe that's why, The spark WILL stand, you have to lay it with the motors touching the surface. But make sure to REMOVE the propellers, here's a video.

Cheers!
2018-1-5
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Roberto Lafarga Posted at 2018-1-5 09:57
Maybe that's why, The spark WILL stand, you have to lay it with the motors touching the surface. But make sure to REMOVE the propellers, here's a video.

Cheers!

ok! i guess my phone and liquid spirit level are both out of wack!
how else would the drone balance, on the leds? durr!i'm telly you mine doesn't , why would i lie?

2018-1-5
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2018-1-5
Use props
Roberto Lafarga
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140010 ft
Mexico

fansa6d9d300 Posted at 2018-1-5 14:22
ok! i guess my phone and liquid spirit level are both out of wack!
how else would the drone balance, on the leds? durr!i'm telly you mine doesn't , why would i lie?

Weird, have you been able to do it? In this Time?! If not and if the drone doesn't get to balance like on the videos, I would suggest making a claim, that your Drone Is by a weird reason unbalanced.
2018-1-5
Use props
fans276fcf86
Australia

Haven’t been able to get to this forum for a few days but this is very helpful

Ok folks thanks for this. I’ll give it a try immediately
2018-1-12
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa6d9d300 Posted at 2018-1-5 14:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXjzmC1CtMw

I don't mean to talk bad about another creator's video, but this is not a good example of an IMU calibration.  You should not be touching it at all during the calibration or the calibration will be bad.  You should do it on a HARD surface, not a cloth covered surface and  you should verify that it is 100% flat.

This is the video I had created for IMU calibration:

2018-1-12
Use props
Dshow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62014 ft
United States

MKPSG12 Posted at 2018-1-5 06:09
That isn't a stupid question and was the exact 'problem' i was having when i did mine, and suspect its what is happening with the OP!

In fairness if you don't know what an IMU/the process is, the prompts, or rather lack of them on the app don't make it obvious (well, not to daft people like me!)

This caught me the first time I tried to calibrate....  The picture changed, but they all look the same so I didn't flip it.
2018-1-12
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-1-12 15:55
I don't mean to talk bad about another creator's video, but this is not a good example of an IMU calibration.  You should not be touching it at all during the calibration or the calibration will be bad.  You should do it on a HARD surface, not a cloth covered surface and  you should verify that it is 100% flat.

This is the video I had created for IMU calibration:

Thank you Kloo Gee for the great IMU tutorial.  I haven't calibrated mine and the Spark hasn't alerted me to do so.  If I begin to see hover or flight inconsistencies, I'll calibrate my IMU.  Thanks again for the video!
2018-1-12
Use props
fans276fcf86
Australia

Thanks all. So now I calibrated the IMU at last

Sadly the problem still remains- my Spark is still Falling out of the sky

It continues to think it’s at takeoff altitude - ie ground level- even though it maybe 5 or 6 metres high and I can’t override with controller or app☹️

I have written to DJI Support as I don’t know what to do
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules