anyone have any answers
thanks
2017-11-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Have you tried relinking the remote and AC?
2017-11-28
Use props
kubota344
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1023780 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-28 08:12
Have you tried relinking the remote and AC?

I think I am having a brain freeze  LOL
what is the best way to relink
thanks
2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

kubota344 Posted at 2017-11-28 08:30
I think I am having a brain freeze  LOL
what is the best way to relink
thanks

hope it help

Step 1: The fix is to turn it off and on until the battery looses more juice.  Also try pressing the C1 and the C2 button one after the other after  turning controller, than Phantom 4, than press C1, C2, than repeating  step.

Step 2: Turn the Phantom 4 and controller on..Also make sure that the  usb cable is plugged into tablet from controller. If it says  disconnected still select Phantom 4. Keep turning off and and on  controller untill you see the option "Enter Device". My problem ended up  being the controller needed to be calibrated. After it finally  connected I calibrated it and it worked.
2017-11-28
Use props
kubota344
lvl.4
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-28 08:33
hope it help  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAynQ9Smzxg

controller light is still blinking red
2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

THEN , please wait for assistance , Im phantom 3  SE owner... nothing to do with your P4P
2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

hope it helps
2017-11-28
Use props
kubota344
lvl.4
United States

After calibrating the controller ,    it is now fixed,        thanks for help in this matter
2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

kubota344 Posted at 2017-11-28 09:03
After calibrating the controller ,    it is now fixed,        thanks for help in this matter

Nice to hear !
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to know you have figured it out finally. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-11-29
Use props
edwardspeed
lvl.1

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-28 08:56
hope it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ-wH9ErP-w

July 9, 2018 I am out of my mind frustrated beyond belief for the same problem.   I am new to drones but not  to flying (instrument-rated private pilot).  I cannot believe the out of the box failures I am experiencing.   I bought my first DJI this a week ago  This is exactly what I experienced out of the box new.   Took it back to Best Buy.   Got an exchange.    Controller worked fine as long as it did not have a full charge.  with charge it does exactly what your video shows.  I am profoundly disappointed.  The "fix" is to let is beep off some of the charge - how stupid is that.
2018-7-9
Use props
fansd285c76e
New

Australia

Same issue. Tried all of the above. Red light flashes whilst loud beeping will not stop. This is ridiculous, is the fix really to listen to this beeping until the battery runs down?!
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_YLjXDGq4B5xD
lvl.1

United States

Purchased DJI pro 4 V2  Worked fine for about six months. When starting controller it beeps red. Tried several corrections with no luck. Once in a while it stops but no blue light.  Went to fly it and it took off fast and could not control it except for up and down. I had to crash before it went over the ocean damaging the prop mounts and a set of props. Does anyone have an idea what to do other then return it.
2019-2-14
Use props
Colaneri
New

Brazil

Hi there, guys.

I've tried any possible way to fix it.

Reset control by holding C1, C2 and Photo Button.

Calibrating the RC (it does calibrate, btw).

Take battery off, and put on (sometimes this works, indeed).

But the problem still goes on.

The only way (and for some very little time), removing the battery for some hours and put back on works and makes this crap stop beeping. But it comes back after some hours.

The only thing i didnt do so far was to heat the board to fix any broken electronic track (probabily any broken welding track).

Anyone else had success with this?

Ive got a P4, btw.
2019-8-13
Use props
Tomas Vitek
lvl.1

Just started with my P4 Pro V2.0 and had the same beeping red light issue.

I did manage to solve the problems that most of the posts above describe. I'll put down what I tried to do in some order of sequence as best as I remember (my brain is fried after 3 hours of linking attempts!!!).

1.  Tried linking with my phone, DJI 4 app on, plugged into the controller and the drone powered on. Didn't work very well - or rather, not at all. The app kept prompting me to check my phone power connection (it was plugged into the controller at that time).

2. Did some searches and came up with this very short video that helped solve my connection issues: https://youtu.be/zKa8F1rsx-o.

3. The instructions with the phone plugged into the controller didn't work, so I tried unplugging the phone and just do a direct controller-to-drone link as described at the end of the short video.

4. After a series of attempts, this method worked. I got the controller linked to the drone. I then tried plugging my phone into the controller, and, magically, the app started working too.

5. You have to have some patience if this stuff happens to you. I had to plug, unplug, turn on, turn off etc. multiple times before I got where I wanted.

6. I'm not sure if the sequence of turning the controller and drone on played any role, but it seems that it may be best to have the drone turned on first since you have to press the three buttons on the controller.

7. I had to press the three buttons on the controller several times before I got the response beep from the drone to push in the tiny connect button. You also have to truly press all three buttons AT THE SAME TIME.

8. I don't recall exactly the sequence of the light colors on the control. I believe they were red when I turned the thing on. After I pressed the three buttons, they went to blinking blue and solid green rather randomly, it seems.

9. What finally worked was when I got the blinking blue lights on the controller; I then got the beep prompt from the drone to push its connection button, which went from green (or red - it's a bit hazy in my head) to blinking orange (the latter I'm sure about).

10. When the light on the controller turned a solid green, I was connected. I don't recall the color of the connect button on the drone at this time; it has three: red, orange and green, and I do know that it was green when it prompted for the connection and orange when the devices were looking for each other (the controller light was a solid red throughout this process, but it didn't make any beeping noises).

11. I dare say that the instructions in the manual and in various videos that I watched weren't very clear about all of these lights and buttons and which sequence they had to come on in, for how long (or not).
I did fully charge the controller and left it on during my various attempts, so it was drained of some juice; if the above comments indicate that it's best to let its battery charge fall a bit, then that may have made a difference.

PS You can turn off the loud beeping noise when the red light comes on by pressing the auto-return button right next to it and turning that function on. That shuts the loud beeping down, though it did beep quite softly a few times while I was fiddling around with everything.
2019-9-23
Use props
fans5559eb13
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I have the Phantom 4, and the controller has the beeping red light. When I charge the controller, only the first white LED ever blinks, no matter how long I leave it charge. Everything else seems to work: I can take off,  fly, record, maneuver, land, etc. but the red light flashes and the beeping continues. I get normal flight time, 20-25 minutes. I have downloaded the latest software, I have tried previous versions of software, I have recalibrated the controller numerous times. I have linked and relinked multiple times. I have followed every single step that has been listed here and on the DJI troubleshooting list. I’m at a total loss as to how to get rid of the annoying beeps. Thanks for any ideas!
2020-11-15
Use props
Rog507
lvl.1
United States

THe simplest fix is turn it on and walk away for 30 min.  I had the same issue.  Fix is to let the battery bleed some.
2020-12-11
Use props
fans5559eb13
lvl.1

United States

Rog507 Posted at 2020-12-11 12:38
THe simplest fix is turn it on and walk away for 30 min.  I had the same issue.  Fix is to let the battery bleed some.
Thanks, I tried that though. I tried every “fix” that I could find. I finally invested $30 and bought a heat gun. Carefully tore the controller apart and then heated the part of the board that was recommended on a YouTube video. It actually worked! My drone is 4 years old and is working like brand new!
2021-4-10
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

fans5559eb13 Posted at 2020-11-15 10:10
Hello, I have the Phantom 4, and the controller has the beeping red light. When I charge the controller, only the first white LED ever blinks, no matter how long I leave it charge. Everything else seems to work: I can take off,  fly, record, maneuver, land, etc. but the red light flashes and the beeping continues. I get normal flight time, 20-25 minutes. I have downloaded the latest software, I have tried previous versions of software, I have recalibrated the controller numerous times. I have linked and relinked multiple times. I have followed every single step that has been listed here and on the DJI troubleshooting list. I’m at a total loss as to how to get rid of the annoying beeps. Thanks for any ideas!

I have the same exact issue. Might have to try the heat gun thing.
2022-3-22
Use props
Stanztoy36
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem. It went away after installing a micro sd card.
2022-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules