Gimble will not pan up and down, but moves left and right
8110 13 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul “PAKman” K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

For some reason, the gimble control wheel on the remote moves the camera left and right instead of up and down in all modes.  I was able to get the camera to tilt up and down with my finger on the app screen itself, but not with the wheel.  Please advise...
2017-11-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you buy this used? check the remote settings in the app, you can set the C1 or C2 to switch gimbal between pan and tilt. or try pushing the C1 then using the gimbal wheel if that doesnt change then try pushing the C2 and use the wheel.
2017-11-28
Use props
Paul “PAKman” K
lvl.1
United States

Gimble moves right and left/yaw instead of up and down/tilt

Please help!  Something went wrong with my Gimble control wheel.  When I move the wheel on the remote the camera moves left and right/yaw.  I used to move up and down/tilt a few days ago.  I have a feeling I did something wrong in the settings and can't figure it out.
2017-11-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

why make a 2nd post on this? did you see my comment in the other post about the C1 and C2 buttons. one might be programmed to switch between pan/tilt
2017-11-28
Use props
Paul “PAKman” K
lvl.1
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-11-28 06:17
did you buy this used? check the remote settings in the app, you can set the C1 or C2 to switch gimbal between pan and tilt. or try pushing the C1 then using the gimbal wheel if that doesnt change then try pushing the C2 and use the wheel.

GREAT JOB TruGreen!!

I just knew I broke something and I my Drone Imagery/3D Mapping business is 8 months old and am really having to watch my pennies.  
BTW  If you come across anyone looking for an investment send them my way.  I am 100% debt free and my 3 drones need to be upgraded.  I am a retired pilot with 30 years flying and have a degree in CAD.  Great combo for a Drone business, I think.
2017-11-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It appears as a software bug in my experience. Every now and then, the C1/C2 key assign to pan and tilt will lose its function and as a result the left adjusting wheel falls back to pan only. To get around the issue, you have to go back to the pan/tilt setting and reassign it again. Then your C1/C2 button will work again for awhile. DJI please have a look at this issue.
2017-11-28
Use props
Paul “PAKman” K
lvl.1
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2017-11-28 12:53
why make a 2nd post on this? did you see my comment in the other post about the C1 and C2 buttons. one might be programmed to switch between pan/tilt

Screwed up.  My first time posting.   I didn't think the first one went.  NOOB

Thank you so much my friend!!
2017-11-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Paul “PAKman” K Posted at 2017-11-28 13:16
GREAT JOB TruGreen!!

I just knew I broke something and I my Drone Imagery/3D Mapping business is 8 months old and am really having to watch my pennies.  

so you got it fixed? all is working now?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Paul “PAKman” K Posted at 2017-11-28 13:20
Screwed up.  My first time posting.   I didn't think the first one went.  NOOB

Glad you solve the problem. I wonder how you fixed it. Thanks for sharing.
2017-11-28
Use props
Nickmey46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6585 ft
France

Screwed up.  My first time posting.   I didn't think the first one went.  NOOB

Hi PaKman, I am facing exactly the same issue with my phantom 4, how did you manage to solve the problem of  moving your gimbal up and down instead of left and right with the gimbal wheel? I have been trying since a week, recalibrating, looking into all the menus on the remote but without any success. I also tried C1 button with the wheel or C2 button with the wheel, nothing works....Thank you very much for your help if you could reply.
2018-5-17
Use props
Nickmey46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6585 ft
France

Screwed up.  My first time posting.   I didn't think the first one went.  NOOB

Hi PaKman, I am facing exactly the same issue with my phantom 4, how did you manage to solve the problem of  moving your gimbal up and down instead of left and right with the gimbal wheel? I have been trying since a week, recalibrating, looking into all the menus on the remote but without any success. I also tried C1 button with the wheel or C2 button with the wheel, nothing works....Thank you very much for your help if you could reply.
2018-5-17
Use props
Soorya Manishanker
New

India

Hi ,
I'm using New ROBIN S gimble
I got it recently it's been around 20 days. I have an issue with the pan Access. Which ever motar I set to pan it keeps rotating. It seems like a software issue.  What should I do??
2019-1-31
Use props
Lucky Mathambo
New

South Africa

Hi. I had the same issue and solved it. I also had Litchi installed for my drone, and on the Litchi settings: C1 was assigned to something else and not “Gimbal Pitch/Yaw”. So I reassigned C1 back to Gimbal Pitch/Yaw in the settings. That solved the problem for both Litchi and DJI go...NB: I could not find the option to assign C1 or C2 to Gimbal Pitch/Yaw in DJI Go. I hope this helps.
2019-3-7
Use props
Lucky Mathambo
New

South Africa

Paul “PAKman” K Posted at 2017-11-28 12:08
Please help!  Something went wrong with my Gimble control wheel.  When I move the wheel on the remote the camera moves left and right/yaw.  I used to move up and down/tilt a few days ago.  I have a feeling I did something wrong in the settings and can't figure it out.

If you also have  Litchi installed, go to Litchi Settings and assign button C1 to Gimbal Pitch(Tilt) / Yaw or if you can find that function in DJI Go. After that press C1 and move the wheel. If it doesn’t work press C1 again and it will. Good luck.
2019-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules