Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystal Sky and Apps!?
2305 16 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dkotinsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone install some cool functional apps into their Crystal Skies yet?
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

I am curious about the recommendation. Please note that CrystalSky supports up to 20 third-party apps, but we are not responsible for any rights or information involving third-party security and does not provide any technical support for compatibility issues. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-28
Use props
Shoot It WA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Yet to find one that doesn't require google play services, tried DroneDeploy and Altizure can't get either to work.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Shoot It WA Posted at 2017-11-28 20:29
Yet to find one that doesn't require google play services, tried DroneDeploy and Altizure can't get either to work.

CystalSky runs custom-built Android system, in order to ensure its stability, it doesn't support Google services Framework at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-11-29
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

So Mindy, could you give some suggestions on what your choice of apps to be put on CS? Many of the prospect would like to know what else can be put on CS for their flight.
2017-11-30
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Crystal Sky and really like it. For my third party apps I am going to use my iPad mini 4.
2017-11-30
Use props
snath
Captain
Flight distance : 4803983 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-29 23:43
CystalSky runs custom-built Android system, in order to ensure its stability, it doesn't support Google services Framework at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

DJI Mindy

Crystal Sky has a defect because it does not refresh the flight records, most of the time it hangs and the application has to be re-started, it rarely completes for me and thus can't capture my flights using this platform.
2017-11-30
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

snath Posted at 2017-11-30 13:46
DJI Mindy

Crystal Sky has a defect because it does not refresh the flight records, most of the time it hangs and the application has to be re-started, it rarely completes for me and thus can't capture my flights using this platform.

You are the first one complaining the stability of CS. Are you sure that it is not a defective unit? Everyone seems to be happy about it.
2017-11-30
Use props
snath
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-11-30 16:10
You are the first one complaining the stability of CS. Are you sure that it is not a defective unit? Everyone seems to be happy about it.

Overall unit is fine, just can keep track of my fights to save my life, Reset it and lost some flights thinking that may do the trick but no luck. It just goes in an infinite loop and then have to re-start.
2017-11-30
Use props
Masemoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-11-30 18:04
Overall unit is fine, just can keep track of my fights to save my life, Reset it and lost some flights thinking that may do the trick but no luck. It just goes in an infinite loop and then have to re-start.

I have a similar issue.  "Sync Flight Records Failed" is the message I get.  If I try to sync all records it takes 32 minutes (I timed it) to get to 100% and then the error message.  If I sync 1 month of records it takes under 30 seconds to get to 100% with same error. Rebooted the hardware, restarted the app... nothing helps. Any recommendations?
2017-12-1
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Australia

"Sync flight records failed" seems not to be CS specific. DJI apps have similar issues in syncing flight distance as well.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

snath Posted at 2017-11-30 13:46
DJI Mindy

Hi, Snath, sorry for the late response, just to verify, the APP always freeze and the flight records cannot be saved, right? If so, may I know the current firmware of CrystalSky and APP version?
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Masemoto Posted at 2017-12-1 15:25
I have a similar issue.  "Sync Flight Records Failed" is the message I get.  If I try to sync all records it takes 32 minutes (I timed it) to get to 100% and then the error message.  If I sync 1 month of records it takes under 30 seconds to get to 100% with same error. Rebooted the hardware, restarted the app... nothing helps. Any recommendations?

Hi, Sir, did you try to sync with other network?
Please post the APP version here, thank you.
2017-12-4
Use props
snath
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-4 03:17
Hi, Snath, sorry for the late response, just to verify, the APP always freeze and the flight records cannot be saved, right? If so, may I know the current firmware of CrystalSky and APP version?

Hi DJI-Mindy

My current version is 02.04.02.00

I have lost flight records because I reset it and tried to re-do the overall records, no luck as it keeps running and has totally drained full battery on 2 occasions. I finally had to go back to my iPAD to capture flights. This is absolutely crazy. It also seems to have corrupted the Flight data header (see attached)
2017-12-4
Use props
Masemoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-4 03:27
Hi, Sir, did you try to sync with other network?
Please post the APP version here, thank you.

DJI Go App version = 4.1.14
System Version = 2.04.02.00
On Crystalsky I selected the "Clear Locally Cached Records" and selected "Clear All Cached Records", this appeared to erase all the flight records on my Crystalsky.  However when I then ran the sync for one month it was successful. The records from Crystalsky (I thought were deleted) sync'd to the central db and the records from the central db sync'd to Crystalsky for 1 month of history. Confirmed by syncing the go app on my iPhone and iPad records from Crystalsky appeared.

Cleared Crystalsky cache again and attempting to sync all records now.

2017-12-4
Use props
Masemoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Masemoto Posted at 2017-12-4 17:53
DJI Go App version = 4.1.14
System Version = 2.04.02.00
On Crystalsky I selected the "Clear Locally Cached Records" and selected "Clear All Cached Records", this appeared to erase all the flight records on my Crystalsky.  However when I then ran the sync for one month it was successful. The records from Crystalsky (I thought were deleted) sync'd to the central db and the records from the central db sync'd to Crystalsky for 1 month of history. Confirmed by syncing the go app on my iPhone and iPad records from Crystalsky appeared.

Still can't sync all the records to my Crystalsky but as long as I can sync last 6 months or even 30 days I'm okay. Will use iPhone or iPad to view full history.
2017-12-5
Use props
Zane Isaac
First Officer
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here same sync issues I made a thread for it...
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules