Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile and iPhone X w/ no case
1241 7 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrins
lvl.4
United States

What do you all think? I have no case for my X. Do you think placing and holding the iPhone naked in the Osmo will lead to scratching the bezel? My Black Friday Osmo Mobile is arriving tomorrow and I just wonder if I'm better off using a case. Thanks for any comments.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry to tell you that Iphone X is not fully tested. But you can reflect the problem you encounter. I would recommend you level the gimbal when the osmo is off before using it. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-28
Use props
fans86c4ec35
New

Australia

Hi, my Osmo mobile all of a sudden has been heating up at thr back motor. It also just crashes most of the time prompting for a reboot the device. What could this mean? It seems like the back and bottom motors are taking all the weight, the bottom motor is warm, baxk gets extremly hot! The side motor is normal...I’m using the iPhone 8+. Any ideas?
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_RRMZMZ1
New

Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-28 20:21
Sorry to tell you that Iphone X is not fully tested. But you can reflect the problem you encounter. I would recommend you level the gimbal when the osmo is off before using it. Thanks for your support.

Back motor is burning? I have had my Osmo Mobile since January and all of a sudden the back motor is heating up, the bottom gets warm...the side motor stays normal. Also, it crashes once in use and floos to the side promting a ‘reboot device’. I also recenty heard some ‘squealing’ sounds coning from the back motor when it starts to really get hot.
I’m using the iPhone 8+..any ideas guys??
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_RRMZMZ1 Posted at 2017-11-29 04:53
Back motor is burning? I have had my Osmo Mobile since January and all of a sudden the back motor is heating up, the bottom gets warm...the side motor stays normal. Also, it crashes once in use and floos to the side promting a ‘reboot device’. I also recenty heard some ‘squealing’ sounds coning from the back motor when it starts to really get hot.

Sorry to read about this, did you balance the gimbal every time? If not, the motor with more weight will get overloaded.
Do you have other smaller mobile phones to have a try? Will the problem persist?
Besides, when you store the Osmo Mobile, we recommend to put it in its case instead of standing in the base.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Darrins, no worries about the scratch, the holder has rubbers, they will protect your iPhone.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_RRMZMZ1 Posted at 2017-11-29 04:53

Thanks for your feedback. Please provide the information mentioned in 5# and update the situation in this thread, we are willing to help. Hope it will be fixed soon.
2017-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The osmo mobile has pretty soft rubber to protect your phone.
I don't think it will be an issue.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules