Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Making a tripod (and other) mount for Osmo Mobile
1154 7 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to come up with something really quick to found this bar in the shop - bent it, drilled a hole and used 1/4 to secure to osmo end (using large nut as washer).The other end was a "duct clamp" with 1/4 holes in it so I used one to mount the tripod removable pad to it and the other to secure it well (using that long screw) to the alum. bar.
THe ziptie fits in a groove and some moon gel and a bottlecap provide more stability.

I tried it a couple times and it works perfectly.

osmomt.jpg
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

glad that it works!
2017-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice DIY job!
2017-11-28
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

Nice DIY! I would be concerned though with the life time of the threading system over time, might want to pickup theDJI's Articulating arm or a generic articulating arm
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This is interesting, glad to know it works.
2017-11-30
Use props
Altnews Editor
New
United States

What is the screw diameter and thread pitch? Is there a generic rosette that people could use to fabricate their own mounts? If not, you should make one.
2017-12-3
Use props
Sultan_N
New
India

Nice
2017-12-11
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Altnews Editor Posted at 2017-12-3 16:21
What is the screw diameter and thread pitch? Is there a generic rosette that people could use to fabricate their own mounts? If not, you should make one.

1/4-20
For most apps that are not under a lot of stress and vibration, the matching rosette is not needed IMHO  - mine is solid as a rock, but I'm not going mountain biking with it.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules