Not happy with DJI Select
3132 18 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

I am a new DJI Select member and I really couldn't be more disappointed.

I purchased a new Spark, DJI Care and DJI Select expecting to be able to buy the remote, batteries, and a charger with the 80% off coupons.  I even web chatted with DJI before I placed the order.  He said, yes, that is correct.

The coupons were added to my account within an hour, but they are only 20% off.  And they must only take 20% off of MSRP, because all of the accessories that are currently on sale raise in price when I add the coupon to the cart.

What good is a coupon that raises the price???

I just noticed that they updated the web page today stating the 5 coupons are 20% off.  However it was 80% off at the begininng and I have copies to prove it and screen shots of the web chat before I placed the order confirming that I could use the 80% off coupons.

I have spent the last 5 days trying to get a resolution, but there is no phone support.  Web chatting has gone nowhere.  Emails take days for a response.

I hope someone from DJI will please contact me and make this right, otherwise I just wasted a bunch of money by paying for the Select and not buying my Spark on Amazon with one of the all included combos.

2017-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is strange.
The statement clearly sais:

Exclusive Coupons, Discounts on Accessories

As soon as you sign up as a Select member, you will get five Select coupons that offer 80% discounts on DJI accessories. These coupons have one-year validity are available for designated accessories. You can also send Select coupons to friends and family!
*Select coupons can be used to purchase accessories for the Spark, Mavic Pro, Phantom 3 SE, Phantom 3 Standard, and more drones in the future.
Not sure if batteries are included though....
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

According to our official website, the coupon is 20% discount. Please read the regulations carefully: https://store.dji.com/select.
discount.png
2017-11-28
Use props
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-28 23:18
According to our official website, the coupon is 20% discount. Please read the regulations carefully: https://store.dji.com/select.

Yes, it does say that now because they just updated it yesterday.  Look at the thread on 11-20-2017 titled "DJI SELECT Officially launched" and you will see it says 80%.  

I never would have paid for it if it said 20% off of MSRP.

The remote is currently on sale for $119.00.   When I apply the coupon, the price goes up to $119.20.  

What good is a coupon that raises the price???

Please contact me to fix this.
2017-11-29
Use props
Spenkelini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138750 ft
Netherlands

https://forum.dji.com/thread-120471-1-1.html here it says 80%...
2017-11-29
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get used to it. DJI is a MAJOR scam operation.
2017-11-29
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

This is very sad... A scam to people...
2017-11-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Spenkelini Posted at 2017-11-29 00:13
https://forum.dji.com/thread-120471-1-1.html here it says 80%...

Could you please show me where precisely it says 80% in the link you are providing? All I can see anywhere I read is 20%...
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-29 13:44
Could you please show me where precisely it says 80% in the link you are providing? All I can see anywhere I read is 20%...

They have since changed it.  It did say 80% earlier.
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

At least the 20% coupons have been fixed to give the discount off of the current sale price, instead of the MSRP.
2017-11-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

djiuser_EHflJWx Posted at 2017-11-29 14:41
They have since changed it.  It did say 80% earlier.

Oh, that is a difficult one to "sell" in my opinion... I have also checked user posts in this forum made after the launch and could not find 80% being mentioned. We Europeans were just not happy about not being eligible in this first launch.
2017-11-29
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

I had the same experience with the 20% coupon. It will actually cost you more with the coupon than the sale price. I believe the 20% coupon is calculated off the regular price, not sale price. So  the coupons are really useless.
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

lomo2017 Posted at 2017-11-29 14:57
I had the same experience with the 20% coupon. It will actually cost you more with the coupon than the sale price. I believe the 20% coupon is calculated off the regular price, not sale price. So  the coupons are really useless.

That was the same problem I was having, but they did fix it today.  Give it another try.
2017-11-29
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I looked at the google cache of the page a couple of days ago. It said 20%.
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

nottuppaware Posted at 2017-11-29 16:19
I looked at the google cache of the page a couple of days ago. It said 20%.

Yeah, because we have nothing better to do than make stuff up.

But, thanks for your input.
2017-11-29
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

post the screen shots
2017-11-29
Use props
djiuser_EHflJWx
New

United States

Here is some of the Web Chat before I ordered.

dji Capture.PNG
2017-11-30
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

In any case, if it was a mistake on the website they are under no obligation to sell it to you at that price.
If you have purchased it and sold to you under a lie simple request a charge back from your credit card ?
2017-11-30
Use props
KKAISS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50335 ft
Canada

To ALL DJI customers: DO NOT buy the DJI SELECT and don't fall for their silly "STORE CREDIT" loyalty, it does not cover any accessories for the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom. This is a big scam from DJI I bought from DJI STORE a Mavic 2 hard case, but the 20% discount as a SELECT member was not applied, called customer service and they said these discounts are for everything else but not for the Mavic 2..... What a big scam this is for a company that has no respect to customers. Even my online store credit was not applied. DJI should stop this money $$$$ loving game and focus on customer service, support and satisfaction.
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules