Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Distance flown?
1659 8 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speedypickup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372024 ft
United States

Just a quick question - here on the forums I notice that everybody's username seems to be accompanied with the number of miles they've flown their UAV's.  But when I look on my profile page, I don't see an option for putting that information in. How do you enter the number of miles you've flown so far?

Thanks

~Steve
2017-11-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I can only assume that it is showing because we have been syncing our flight records in the DJI GO 4 app.
If you open the app and tap on the 3 bars, top right corner, one of the options is Flight Record. If you go there, there is a cloud icon on the top right side. Tap on that and sync your flight records. I don't know of another way to have the distance show up in the forum.
2017-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You can sync while being disconnected.
(that I found out yesterday )
2017-11-28
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

yeah the flight distance is definitely driven by the syncing of your flights to the DJI cloud.

What I can't workout is how the rank is calculated. Does anyone know or is it a secret DJI thing?
2017-11-28
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

PilotC Posted at 2017-11-28 23:22
yeah the flight distance is definitely driven by the syncing of your flights to the DJI cloud.

What I can't workout is how the rank is calculated. Does anyone know or is it a secret DJI thing?

Its done based on the number of points you have - see the forum rules (pinned as the first Forum topic) sections XV: Points and XVI: User Groups
2017-11-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

RocketChap Posted at 2017-11-29 01:27
Its done based on the number of points you have - see the forum rules (pinned as the first Forum topic) sections XV: Points and XVI: User Groups

Yes points are based on user participation in the forum, flight distances are based on flight logs "synced" to DJI from your device after flying. It doesn't always work for me, can't say how many times I have "Synced" my flight and they do not show up as additional distance under my Avatar. Pretty much given up syncing unless I have an issue and DJI wants me to sync the flight needed for analysis.
2017-11-29
Use props
Speedypickup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372024 ft
United States

PilotC Posted at 2017-11-28 23:22

I wondered that myself.... Maybe it goes by the distance you've flown? Or perhaps the number of posts and threads you've made? Not sure....
2017-11-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Speedypickup Posted at 2017-11-29 08:41
I wondered that myself.... Maybe it goes by the distance you've flown? Or perhaps the number of posts and threads you've made? Not sure....

The "Flight distance" value is roughly the total distance (in meters) flown during the flights you've synced with DJI's servers and has no connection to how active you are on the forum.

On the other hand, the title (e.g., "lvl.1" in your case) is based on the number of points you've accumulated through forum participation and is independent of your flight distance.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Steve, please refer to the answers above, they did a great job. Enjoy!
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules