What’s the right Mavic for you: Mavic Pro, Platinum or White?
17436 73 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Lol if I was Paris Hilton I would like one that came with a cute little puppy dog.  Give me a break.
2017-12-2
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

Edited this as I could not delete.  A word out of place.
2017-12-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This one:  https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=380-0002-000W8
2017-12-3
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Looks awesome to see three beasts right now to each other
2017-12-3
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I'll take whichever one you would like to give to me. Really not fussy.
2017-12-4
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

I want a Camo one.  More fun looking for it when it goes down.
2017-12-4
Use props
Anderman72
New
Flight distance : 550548 ft
United States

I really love my PH3S but I would love to also have a Mavic pro!! I think it is the best drone out there!!! When I can get my hands on one I will do a youtube review!!!!
2017-12-4
Use props
Relel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 713117 ft
Sweden

Cool, thanks! How about using the platinum props on regular Mavic, will it become quieter and induce flight time?
2017-12-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

I want all models !!
2017-12-5
Use props
totalwannabe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 301699 ft
New Zealand

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2017-12-1 21:05
I think the next step that will be successful is the orange Mavik. It is easier to find after falling - both in the snow, and among the bushes .... )))

Gross!!!!!!!
2017-12-6
Use props
Spiritburner
lvl.1
Spain

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-29 01:23
Nice overview, well suited for beginners and the I-haven't-decided-yet folks...

For me: definitely the Platinum! Noise is a big factor for me. The noise reduction is not coming only from the more aerodynamic propellers but mainly from the new motor ESCs - the sinus regulation makes all the difference...

check out some the youtube videos there does not seem to be that much difference in noise to money ratio! 60%mmmm and 3 minutes extra flying mmm If I was down to that level of battery i would have landed and be on my way home! :-)
2017-12-9
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Good article, the only thing missing is the fact all Mavics have 12Mpx cameras for us folks who also like to take still photos.  That said, 12Mpx is all you need if framed correctly in camera.  The quietness of the Mavic Pro Platinum really appeals.
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Took delivery of my Platinum 2 weeks ago and it’s an amazing drone - SO QUIET! After flying a P4P it’s a totally different flying experience. Put it 400’ up and you literally can not hear it! Genius work DJI!
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 15:02
Took delivery of my Platinum 2 weeks ago and it’s an amazing drone - SO QUIET! After flying a P4P it’s a totally different flying experience. Put it 400’ up and you literally can not hear it! Genius work DJI!

Thank you for sharing this!
Would you like to share some of your work here!
I am looking forward to that!
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-12-13 18:40
Thank you for sharing this!
Would you like to share some of your work here!
I am looking forward to that!

Sure - this was a B&W still I took over looking North London from 400' AGL on my first flight with the MPP. Still experimenting with the camera. If you zoom in onto the horizon on the right you can just about see the Shard/city of London 12 miles away! The building in the centre of the image is Trent Park where HM Queen Elizabeth II lived during the early years of World War II when she was a young Princess.  
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 23:22
[view_image]
Sure - this was a B&W still I took over looking North London from 400' AGL on my first flight with the MPP. Still experimenting with the camera. If you zoom in onto the horizon on the right you can just about see the Shard/city of London 12 miles away! The building in the centre of the image is Trent Park where HM Queen Elizabeth II lived during the early years of World War II when she was a young Princess.

woow
when did you get your MPP? superb!
look forward to more of your work!
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 23:22
[view_image]
Sure - this was a B&W still I took over looking North London from 400' AGL on my first flight with the MPP. Still experimenting with the camera. If you zoom in onto the horizon on the right you can just about see the Shard/city of London 12 miles away! The building in the centre of the image is Trent Park where HM Queen Elizabeth II lived during the early years of World War II when she was a young Princess.

BTW
will you join our Christmas Photo Contest?
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-12-13 23:48
BTW
will you join our Christmas Photo Contest?

Thanks - I took delivery on 30 November from Jessops and bought a second battery from you guys via your on line store and have a load of accessories that I kept back from my previous Mavic. The MPP is my 6th DJI drone LOL (sold the rest) Not a single problem with the MPP so far - it's a keeper
Will add some footage to the Christmas contest.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2017-12-14 00:03
Thanks - I took delivery on 30 November from Jessops and bought a second battery from you guys via your on line store and have a load of accessories that I kept back from my previous Mavic. The MPP is my 6th DJI drone LOL (sold the rest) Not a single problem with the MPP so far - it's a keeper
Will add some footage to the Christmas contest.

look forward to your work!
2017-12-14
Use props
user856ae43044
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1103002 ft
  • >>>
United States

We need a mavic that you can put the zemuse x7 on
2017-12-27
Use props
fansaf26b13a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2017-12-1 21:05
I think the next step that will be successful is the orange Mavik. It is easier to find after falling - both in the snow, and among the bushes .... )))

The Orange Mavic is a good idea and avail. now get a Orange skin kit.......they fit real good and look origional.....
2017-12-28
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

Just get a regular (even used) Mavic cheap and put on the Platinum props. Even though I was skeptical I have to admit they are noticeably quieter.
2017-12-28
Use props
fans41fbbe4e
New
Flight distance : 1178 ft
United States

I am an early purchaser of a Mavic Pro. I have carried it around the world, and love it. However, I think there are benefits for having a Platinum. I wish there was a trade-in program.
2017-12-28
Use props
Memphis787
New

United States

Color
On the 30 min and low noise Mavic Pro Platinum white you can see
Red
Blue
are out for visual
Now
Green is the best for eye recognition but for air Mavic Pro Platinum white is the best to see where the Mavic is
Are you going to provide a
white Mavic Pro Platinum
I know I can buy the new props but it will not give the same  improved flight time or lower noise level even with the added software.
Again
Color white Mavic Pro Platinum are you going to sell them.
2017-12-28
Use props
GWD50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177671 ft
United States

I bought the Arctic White one, it would be nice to be able to purchase a few extra white batteries.  Christmas Family Selfie
2017-12-28
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

GWD50 Posted at 2017-12-28 16:54
I bought the Arctic White one, it would be nice to be able to purchase a few extra white batteries.  Christmas Family Selfie

an adorable family!
Merry Christmas!
2017-12-28
Use props
djiuser_JBFVTlY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 868524 ft
Canada

For me: definitely the Platinum! Noise is a big factor for me. The noise reduction is not coming only from the more aerodynamic propellers but mainly from the new motor ESCs - the sinus regulation makes all the difference...

Actually, you're not entirely correct there. In fact, the propellers are what give the most noise reduction while the new esc's are what provide the better battery runtimes. Really, both items add to the improved flight time at a 60/40 split or thereabouts.

This has been proven many times over with videos to demonstrate on YouTube. Based on that info I went ahead and purchased the new props for my standard mavic pro, and the difference in sound was immediately noticeable. Not as much right at ground level, but when you get the craft up in the air over 100 feet, it's shockingly quiet. At 300 feet with the mavic in a hover, you almost cant hear it at all unless you're trying to listen for it. Unsuspecting people don't notice it at all at that height, which was impossible with the original props.

If you haven't tried them, I'd say get them. You won't be disappointed.
2017-12-28
Use props
excessive4ce
New
Flight distance : 7723 ft
Italy

djiuser_JBFVTlY Posted at 2017-12-28 22:21
Actually, you're not entirely correct there. In fact, the propellers are what give the most noise reduction while the new esc's are what provide the better battery runtimes. Really, both items add to the improved flight time at a 60/40 split or thereabouts.

This has been proven many times over with videos to demonstrate on YouTube. Based on that info I went ahead and purchased the new props for my standard mavic pro, and the difference in sound was immediately noticeable. Not as much right at ground level, but when you get the craft up in the air over 100 feet, it's shockingly quiet. At 300 feet with the mavic in a hover, you almost cant hear it at all unless you're trying to listen for it. Unsuspecting people don't notice it at all at that height, which was impossible with the original props.

Thank sfor your feddback.

Therefore do you suggest to user the new loise reduction propellers with my "old" mavic pro?

I'm really considering it

Cheers,
Paolo
2017-12-29
Use props
excessive4ce
New
Italy

fans41fbbe4e Posted at 2017-12-28 08:47
I am an early purchaser of a Mavic Pro. I have carried it around the world, and love it. However, I think there are benefits for having a Platinum. I wish there was a trade-in program.

Good question,

I'm sure a lot of people like me holding the "old" mavic pro are waiting for the possibility of a trade-in program to get the new platinum.
2017-12-29
Use props
excessive4ce
New
Italy

A good explanation for beginners who are looking to buy a mavic.

Will an upgrade kit with the new ESCs to be mounted on the mavic pro be available in the future?

Regards,
Paolo
2017-12-29
Use props
fanse2c2c86f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 478547 ft
Australia

I have had all the Phantoms and upgrade to the next one regularly. Was thinking of adding a Mavic to my collection but after one of my 3 batteries failed after just 8 flights and they refused to replace it, then the failure of the video transmission after the most recent software update - and the lack of support or fix by DJI have me worried and so i am looking at others. My pro is useless and they have no solution. Its a shame their sales doesn’t get backed up by support.
2017-12-29
Use props
BuzzCheeze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34094 ft
United States

fanse2c2c86f Posted at 2017-12-29 04:13
I have had all the Phantoms and upgrade to the next one regularly. Was thinking of adding a Mavic to my collection but after one of my 3 batteries failed after just 8 flights and they refused to replace it, then the failure of the video transmission after the most recent software update - and the lack of support or fix by DJI have me worried and so i am looking at others. My pro is useless and they have no solution. Its a shame their sales doesn’t get backed up by support.

Myself - I am waiting for a better megapixel camera on the Mavic
before I buy one,
like the Phantom 4 pros 20M rather than the 12M on the mavic.
I print on larger format   
2018-1-1
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me: definitely the Platinum! Noise is a big factor for me. The noise reduction is not coming only from the more aerodynamic propellers but mainly from the new motor ESCs - the sinus regulation makes all the difference...

@UncleManuel - Folks, this is no beginner drone, this is a machine not a toy the Mavic Pro's!!
If you have never flown before I would highly recommend ya getting either the Dji Spark or the Dji Mavic Air - if you're a  beginner!

There is a lot to learn in the GO PRO APP for starters and on the Mavic if you crash it most likely ya can say good by to the gimbal which is the number 1 replacement part on the drone.

My Mavic Pro

My Mavic Pro
2018-10-29
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

For what applications I use my UAV for I decided to go with the Mavic Pro, it's perfect and takes some amazing footage!! Now-  Ones I pass my Part 107 exam, I will mostly do another upgrade and get the Mavic Pro 2.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules