DJI Mavic Serial Number
6630 36 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

All,

long story short, i sent my mavic in for repair as one of the the front logs was broken, needed to open 3 tiny screws and replace leg but DJI insisted on replacing the drone, i mentioned i do not want a refurbished one therefore repair....DJI said they will give me a new one not refurbished but i have my doubts.......

so i have been doing abit of research over the last few days about serial numbers and i have noticed the following.

whenever someone gets a replacement mavic from dji refresh the 10th digit is always "R", if you buy a brand new one the digit is always a number.

any idea what this means? are they trying to fool me saying they sending me new one then "R" means refurbished?

thanks
D

2017-11-29
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Yes The "R" indicates a refurbished unit. very rare for DJI to send your drone back to you once it is sent in for repairs, most people get a refurbished unit which if you ever want to sell it you can't honestly say you were the only owner, that's why I send my DJI's to Drone Nerds Florida local to me, and you always get "Your" drone back.

I have never had to have them do any warranty work, seems to me if they are an "Authorized" DJI repair center they should honor DJI's warranty policy. Going to give them a call today and see if that's the case.
2017-11-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

DJI said they will give me a new one not refurbished but i have my doubts

And rightly so: that's definitely not the normal practice.
2017-11-29
Use props
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI,

so if it is a refurb would it ask me to activate it the first time i connect to remote and and would it give me 48 hours to purchase dji care?

i know i can't purchase dji care as they won't honor it but just wondering would a refurb unit as this?

d
2017-11-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Deek19790 Posted at 2017-11-29 09:18
HI,

so if it is a refurb would it ask me to activate it the first time i connect to remote and and would it give me 48 hours to purchase dji care?

Yes, it will still do that.
2017-11-29
Use props
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Damn it they are trying to screw me telling me they will send me new device and send me refurb

D
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Deek19790 Posted at 2017-11-29 12:05
Damn it they are trying to screw me telling me they will send me new device and send me refurb

D

Hi, Deek, if the drone has been replaced, you will need to activate it and you are eligible to purchase DJI Care Refresh.
Could you please provide me the case number? I will help to check the exact status.
Besides, how did you contact our support who promised to send a new drone to you? We will help to verify, thank you.
2017-11-29
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

I used my DJI care refresh and my replacement does not have an R for the 10th serial number. it is a number so this I think is a new drone not refurbished. somewhere on one of these forums there's a serial number breakdown that shows you the production date. mine was produced after I sent it in for my care refresh, so I don't think it's possible to be a refurbished one?
This was in the spring when there was a large rush for the mavic. I don't think they were caught up with their care refresh so maybe it was easier for them just to send out New Replacements until they get caught up with the refurbished units which I'm sure they are by now.
2017-11-29
Use props
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mandy,

i have sent you a private message with case numbers ETC.

thanks
2017-12-4
Use props
fans560b99ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 474596 ft
Germany

All,
I bought a new DJI Mavic Pro. After activating it, it turned out the gimbals was defect bei default.
I talked to the DJI Support and they assured me to replace my Drone with a brand new unit and not a refurbished one.
Today I received a sealed DJI Mavic Pro.
After opening it I checked the Serial Number and it ends with "1000R". The FAQ on the DJI Refurbished Store says the R stands for a refurbished model.
The DJI Support on the phone told me that it is only refurbished when it is a "-R" (with dash).
I'm really confused now.
Can please someone help to clarify this case.

Thank you very much,
Murat
2017-12-11
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

1000R sounds fast.  

To be honest this may be a major thing  as the actual product you purchase is your property.

The last 3 words.

It is your property.

They cannot just disregard that.

Give me a new one fine but I want my property back.

People need to get up on this.

DJI seem to think like their population thing, throw another one in there.

My car has ID plates and my Mavic does to.

Dear China, you want to come to play in our grounds then you better respect our ways.

2017-12-11
Use props
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fans,

I would advise to inspect it with a fine comb and check every detail, if you see anything that looks like a refurbished device then get on online chat and send them photos, then ask for the manager to give you a call. If you are not happy they will exchange it for you.

I did the same proving to them mine was a refurbished unit and now they have sent me another unit, i am still to receive this but I have been assured this isn’t a refurbished unit and the serial they provided to me seems to back this up as not r in serial full stop

D
2017-12-11
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-29 18:50
Hi, Deek, if the drone has been replaced, you will need to activate it and you are eligible to purchase DJI Care Refresh.
Could you please provide me the case number? I will help to check the exact status.
Besides, how did you contact our support who promised to send a new drone to you? We will help to verify, thank you.

Why isn't DJI repairing the original Drone? My mavic Drone is going to be replaced in another case when my Mavic Dropped out of the sky. My drone is registerd in the Netherlands to be used for Commercial proposes. I pay 300 euro for the insurance which is bound to the serial number. The same for registering it to the dutch aviation authorities. When DJI replaces my drone for another one with a different serial I have to do 2 things:

1. Pay 180 euro for the registration on that drone to be used for my ROC light license
2. Change the insurance policy-contact fot the drone, think that this also cost me about 80 euro

Why does DJI replace the original drone for a Refurbished? Besides the things i mentioned it is also a little bit strange for the worth of a drone. If i want to sell the drone to another consumer and they see that it is allready a refurbished one, then there is not a lot of trust because it is allready " a third hand" drone ;)
2017-12-11
Use props
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Censurion,

They don’t seem to repair them just replace them which is crap really.

And when you raise the issue like on here they ask you for case number and then you just get ignored!!!

I think the best way to get them to look at anything is keep calling And ask for manager

D

2017-12-12
Use props
Jumbo333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 797930 ft
France

With DJI Care refresh, a replacement is not Free ( 99€ the first one, 139€ the second) while repair is i suppose, Free,

DJI have interest whith replacement instead of repair.

The replacement is not a New Mavic, but As New ....
2017-12-12
Use props
Deek19790
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jumbo333,

The repair is not free either, in fact my repair was 85 Uk pounds which is 6 Uk pounds more than replacement but they insisted on replacement only when they could have made more to repair
D
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Censurion Posted at 2017-12-11 12:37
Why isn't DJI repairing the original Drone? My mavic Drone is going to be replaced in another case when my Mavic Dropped out of the sky. My drone is registerd in the Netherlands to be used for Commercial proposes. I pay 300 euro for the insurance which is bound to the serial number. The same for registering it to the dutch aviation authorities. When DJI replaces my drone for another one with a different serial I have to do 2 things:

1. Pay 180 euro for the registration on that drone to be used for my ROC light license

Censurion, according to DJI After-Sales Policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. policy.png
We fully understand your concern and sincerely apoligzie for the inconvenience and trouble caused, may I know if you have sent in the drone? If yes, could you happen to provide me the case number? I will transfer your concern and request to appropriate department for further resolution. Thank you.
2017-12-13
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-13 02:40
Censurion, according to JDI After-Sales Policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance.[view_image]
We fully understand your concern and sincerely apoligzie for the inconvenience and trouble caused, may I know if you have sent in the drone? If yes, could you happen to provide me the case number? I will transfer your concern and request to appropriate department for further resolution. Thank you.

I have send the drone in and allready mentioned my problem. It is about case number CAS-1040301-R3W6T3 CRM:0330000007357 I have also send this message (attachment) to the Twitter DJI support .
2017-12-13
Use props
Woolnut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433839 ft
United Kingdom

I have just purchased a new drone and the serial number ends with a G...? What does this mean if all new drones have a number at the end?!
2017-12-13
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Woolnut it means nothing you're fine it's not a refurbished yours is a brand new drone
2017-12-13
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

Let me venture a guess, if DJI were to repair damaged drones and return to the respective owners, it will be an overhead. They have to note which drone belongs to which owner and address. Do note that the repair jobs may run into the hundreds per day. So the easy way out is that they will just repair whatever drones were sent in and give it a serial number indicating thhe drone is a refurbished drone and pass to the next department which is the delivery department. The delivery department will then take any set that is tested and send to the next in line to receive. This sure save a lot of time, as they need not have to match the exact drone to the exact owner.  Just a guess.
2017-12-13
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

romeotango Posted at 2017-12-13 08:06
Let me venture a guess, if DJI were to repair damaged drones and return to the respective owners, it will be an overhead. They have to note which drone belongs to which owner and address. Do note that the repair jobs may run into the hundreds per day. So the easy way out is that they will just repair whatever drones were sent in and give it a serial number indicating thhe drone is a refurbished drone and pass to the next department which is the delivery department. The delivery department will then take any set that is tested and send to the next in line to receive. This sure save a lot of time, as they need not have to match the exact drone to the exact owner.  Just a guess.

But that is a problem for people like me who use the drone commercially. DJI has to acknowledge that this is not a good way of service.  Now I have to make another 300 euro for al the paperwork and cannot use my "new" refurbished drone voor commercial use in the Netherlands. Next time I better can let it repair myself or buy a drone of another brand who still repairs te original drone......
2017-12-13
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2017-12-11 09:26
1000R sounds fast.  

To be honest this may be a major thing  as the actual product you purchase is your property.

See my posts in this thread. It is my property and has license plates also....now I have to do a lot of paperwork and make additional costs to use my refurbished drone for business.........DJI should have the option to repair YOUR PROPERTY instead of replacing it by another one. Should not matter for me that I have to wait a bit longer for MY DRONE to be repaired.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Censurion Posted at 2017-12-13 06:06
I have send the drone in and allready mentioned my problem. It is about case number CAS-1040301-R3W6T3 CRM:0330000007357 I have also send this message (attachment) to the Twitter DJI support .[view_image]

Hi, Censurion, per the case, the device has been shipped out, you should have received the shipping label and serial number of the drone, it seems the aircraft has been swapped already, could you please check the email and compare the serial number? Thank you.
2017-12-14
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-14 02:42
Hi, Censurion, per the case, the device has been shipped out, you should have received the shipping label and serial number of the drone, it seems the aircraft has been swapped already, could you please check the email and compare the serial number? Thank you.

I received a drone with a different serial number. It would be nice if I could have my Original drone back after it is been repaired. Just like I asked more then once.....
2017-12-15
Use props
AndyG - SKYNET
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6870 ft
United Kingdom

Please can someone advise me.. when purchasing a BRAND NEW Mavic Pro Platinum in this case and paying TOP dollar for it, as i did here from a shop that state they are DJI authorised dealers, yet the serial number is ******GP02AE3R, now does that mean i have been sold a Reburbished unit instead ? because i feel if this is the case surely as customers we have a bloody damn right to complain as it was meant to be NEW !!!  Thanks in advance...
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Censurion Posted at 2017-12-15 00:22
I received a drone with a different serial number. It would be nice if I could have my Original drone back after it is been repaired. Just like I asked more then once.....

Hi Censurion, our support has escalated your request to appropriate department to verify if it is possible to find out your original device and ship it back, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AndyG - SKYNET Posted at 2017-12-15 01:45
Please can someone advise me.. when purchasing a BRAND NEW Mavic Pro Platinum in this case and paying TOP dollar for it, as i did here from a shop that state they are DJI authorised dealers, yet the serial number is ******GP02AE3R, now does that mean i have been sold a Reburbished unit instead ? because i feel if this is the case surely as customers we have a bloody damn right to complain as it was meant to be NEW !!!  Thanks in advance...

Hi Andy, could you please provide us the serial number so that we can check the exact status for you? Thank you.
2017-12-15
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-15 03:23
Hi Censurion, our support has escalated your request to appropriate department to verify if it is possible to find out your original device and ship it back, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your help!
2017-12-15
Use props
AndyG - SKYNET
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-15 03:24
Hi Andy, could you please provide us the serial number so that we can check the exact status for you? Thank you.

Hello there,

it is Platinum Aircraft Body Gimbal        08QCEBGP02AE3R
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AndyG - SKYNET Posted at 2017-12-15 06:55
Hello there,

it is Platinum Aircraft Body Gimbal        08QCEBGP02AE3R

Andy, don't be worried, it is a brand new drone. Is there anything wrong with the drone? Please tell me if there is a need for me to help. Or you can contact our support: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-12-15
Use props
AndyG - SKYNET
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 22:33
Andy, don't be worried, it is a brand new drone. Is there anything wrong with the drone? Please tell me if there is a need for me to help. Or you can contact our support: http://www.dji.com/support.

Oh good, just received the replacement for my sins, haven't even had one flight as yet as a new drone pilot until today. Very exciting and crush free times ahead one says..  But THANK YOU for your kind words.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AndyG - SKYNET Posted at 2017-12-19 04:36
Oh good, just received the replacement for my sins, haven't even had one flight as yet as a new drone pilot until today. Very exciting and crush free times ahead one says..  But THANK YOU for your kind words.

No problems. Have a nice time with the drone. Happy flying!
2017-12-20
Use props
Jumper17
lvl.2
Mexico

Hi, I just bought Mavic Fly More Combo but my serial number ends with 006R, does it means is a refurbished unit? I bought it from an authorized dealer as new. NEED help please! Thanks in advance!
2017-12-26
Use props
Jumper17
lvl.2
Mexico

Jumper17 Posted at 2017-12-26 07:00
Hi, I just bought Mavic Fly More Combo but my serial number ends with 006R, does it means is a refurbished unit? I bought it from an authorized dealer as new. NEED help please! Thanks in advance!

My serial number is 08QDE4Q012006R
2017-12-26
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

Is there a way to check the serial number of the MA from DJI GO 4
2018-7-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MoNoAd Posted at 2018-7-10 19:36
Is there a way to check the serial number of the MA from DJI GO 4

Hi, The serial number is printed on the box of your aircraft, however, it can't be seen under DJI GO 4 app. Thanks for understanding.
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules