Possible New accessories ?
2093 23 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sinclair48K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29409 ft
United Kingdom

Just got an email from DJI about the new charging station bag and a it had this graphic on the top of the email. New covers perhaps and some various other items !?

Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 11.42.25.png
2017-11-29
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got this email too, I have a recollection a while ago a DJI admin on here saying they don't recommend using stickers on the spark. This one looks quite funky.
2017-11-29
Use props
Galchanto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101066 ft
Ireland

All of those Items are available in the DJI store for some time now...

https://store.dji.com/shop/spark-series?from=menu_products
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Sinclair. You can check it through our website and enter the link: https://store.dji.com/category/spark?from=shop. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-29
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

They're from PGYTECH. DJI seem to be stocking some of their stuff which is cool.
2017-11-30
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

I was going to buy the Skins direct from Dji, until I saw they want nearly as much postage as the the skins

Left with the basket empty
2017-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

jksphoto Posted at 2017-11-30 10:23
I was going to buy the Skins direct from Dji, until I saw they want nearly as much postage as the the skins

Yep.
DJI has pretty steep postage....
Combine with a lot of other stuff or buy elsewhere.
2017-11-30
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Heliguy are starting to sell some stuff and they're based in the UK so it will likely be cheaper.

Can't see the skins at the moment but it's worth keeping an eye out.
2017-12-1
Use props
Spenkelini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138750 ft
Netherlands

Got the prop cover, gimball cover and joystick cover from PGYTECH. Quality stuff!
2017-12-1
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5492 ft
United States

Spenkelini Posted at 2017-12-1 02:14
Got the prop cover, gimball cover and joystick cover from PGYTECH. Quality stuff!

their gimbal cover it amazing!! it fits as if it was shipped in the box with the spark! I love mine
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jksphoto Posted at 2017-11-30 10:23

Yeah, over £10 to post a pair of £10 props. You need to spend >£119 to get free shipping...
2018-1-5
Use props
Newbiesparker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13245 ft
United Kingdom

VenomousSVT Posted at 2018-1-5 13:12
their gimbal cover it amazing!! it fits as if it was shipped in the box with the spark! I love mine

Hi,

What difference does it make to the image quality?
2018-1-5
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Newbiesparker Posted at 2018-1-5 13:52
Hi,

What difference does it make to the image quality?

FYI...I would NOT recommend using the gimbal cover.  There is a recent post where DJI contributed the gimbal cover to a "fly away" crash and would NOT honor warranty.
2018-1-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-5 13:56
FYI...I would NOT recommend using the gimbal cover.  There is a recent post where DJI contributed the gimbal cover to a "fly away" crash and would NOT honor warranty.

Totally agree!
2018-1-5
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

The gimbal cover for transport is fine.

The Antiglare one is maybe responsible for a fly away.
2018-1-5
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-1-5 16:43
The gimbal cover for transport is fine.
[view_image]
The Antiglare one is maybe responsible for a fly away.

Exactly correct...I use the gimbal for transport.
2018-1-5
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-5 17:11
Exactly correct...I use the gimbal for transport.

Me too - but ONLY for transport, it comes totally off before flying.

I found that initially it fit nicely snug, but now it is a tad loose and will just fall off if the Spark if the AC is tilted fwd at all. I put some label / tape stuck inside / underneath the top edge (that fits over the the top of the fwd obstacle avoidance/ IR  sensor lens cover, right down against the Spark’s colored cover / shell top) to snug it up a bit. Definitely fits better after doing so.

I still plan to look into ND filters (e.g., PolarPro) to address the ridiculously high daylight shutter speeds you can otherwise get stuck with given the fixed F2.8 camera, but that’s for another day...

Loving my Spark so far!
2018-1-5
Use props
Newbiesparker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13245 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the tip off, totally changed my mind.
2018-1-6
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
United States

i believe there may be some translation issues here with what things are actually called... the gimbal cover is something you snap onto the drone to protect the gimbal while transporting. The gimbal protector
https://www.pgy-tech.com/gimbal-protector-for-spark

I believe you are talking about the lens hood that potentially caused the issue with the fly away.  

https://www.amazon.com/ABOOM-Spa ... ctive/dp/B074CDLTVG

2018-1-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone had a fettle with this amusing method of controlling the Spark yet - https://store.dji.com/product/gamevice-controller-for-iphone ?? Would be interested in seeing if it's any good or not or just a coolish looking load of junk....
2018-1-8
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-1-8 07:08
Anyone had a fettle with this amusing method of controlling the Spark yet - https://store.dji.com/product/gamevice-controller-for-iphone ?? Would be interested in seeing if it's any good or not or just a coolish looking load of junk....

those controllers pretty much just mimic on screen buttons.. so it would actually fly the spark fine.. now it wont give you that "RC" feel as much because the sticks arent going to have that Transmitter feel to them.  it would be more like a video game feel.  Personally I fly pinching the stick rather than thumbs on top so these wouldnt work well for me at all.
2018-1-8
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VenomousSVT Posted at 2018-1-8 13:16
those controllers pretty much just mimic on screen buttons.. so it would actually fly the spark fine.. now it wont give you that "RC" feel as much because the sticks arent going to have that Transmitter feel to them.  it would be more like a video game feel.  Personally I fly pinching the stick rather than thumbs on top so these wouldnt work well for me at all.

It depends on the controller I'm using. Pinching works better for me on my free fly Quads as the TX is much more sensitive. DJI has always been thumb for some reason. Maybe it's due to them being more docile in the air and more forgiving to thumbers....if that's a word...
2018-1-10
Use props
VenomousSVT
lvl.2
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2018-1-10 05:20
It depends on the controller I'm using. Pinching works better for me on my free fly Quads as the TX is much more sensitive. DJI has always been thumb for some reason. Maybe it's due to them being more docile in the air and more forgiving to thumbers....if that's a word...

that definitely makes sense.  We all know these new "fancy quads" pretty much fly themselves.  The days of people flying collective pitch helis is becoming scarce..LOL... i haven't tried to fly thumbing my spark... I just rolled with pinching as Ive always flown
2018-1-10
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

VenomousSVT Posted at 2018-1-10 06:51
that definitely makes sense.  We all know these new "fancy quads" pretty much fly themselves.  The days of people flying collective pitch helis is becoming scarce..LOL... i haven't tried to fly thumbing my spark... I just rolled with pinching as Ive always flown

Been out this afternoon with my Torrent 110 and gone through 5 batteries......God that thing is fast.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules