SPARK LOSE BATTERY in AIR???
4831 20 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sokeninja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1781 ft
Italy

hi, i've buy a new spark. i've fly with one battery ( all ok ) and the i have change the battery to do another fly. i put spark in SPORT mode and after 10 meters spark lose battery in the air....and the spark fall down.

I've seen on you tube that many user have this problem....  battery don't fix strong and detach in air ( sorry for my english )

i ask to you.... it's a spark problem????  or it's a problem of some battery???

thanks
2017-11-29
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Poland

I think it's human error. You have to click them properly. I have 6 batteries never had any issues.
2017-11-29
Use props
Evergreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26148 ft
Canada

I've had the same issue occur and currently trying to get DJI support to look at it... please let me know how it works out for you
2017-11-29
Use props
Sokeninja
lvl.1
Italy

dji Roma have take my spark and send to holland to have new one .  you have the same problem?
2017-11-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

The battery clips are not same in all batteries. Some batteries clips are taller than others. The problem is with short ones when the becomes weak.
2017-11-29
Use props
Sokeninja
lvl.1
Italy

if i know this problem before.....   i've seen my spark fall down the first day that i've buy it.... there is some accessories that block the battery?
2017-11-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

We're going to see a surge of these threads pop up again with the Black Friday sales and Christmas coming up.  Brace yourselves. As to the original question, I would wager human error...  
2017-11-29
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Sokeninja Posted at 2017-11-29 09:18
if i know this problem before.....   i've seen my spark fall down the first day that i've buy it.... there is some accessories that block the battery?

I don't know if there is accessories that solve this problem. Search google or youtube for it.
2017-11-29
Use props
dedreiix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 194911 ft
Germany

Maybe a rubber-band around body+battery would fix it?
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sokeninja Posted at 2017-11-29 09:18

Hi, Sokeninja. I understand your frustration. Did your spark work normally now? If not, Please send it back for check: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you export the flight data and the black box. Then you can provide it to our support for further analysis, we will try our best to locate the problem. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-29
Use props
Sokeninja
lvl.1
Italy

thanks....my spark it's gone to dji store Roma immediatly and i wait for another one.   i have care refresh also
2017-12-4
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203130 ft
Germany

i use this:
https://www.amazon.com/RCstyle-S ... board-for-dji-spark
2017-12-6
Use props
Meta
New
Flight distance : 57270 ft
France

Hi we had the same problem !
Drone under warranty.
Ejection of the battery just after few second of flight. The drone crashed above 6 meters !
Camera support broken ...
Return to customer service ! They don't want to recognize the problem of design of their locking system !
2018-3-20
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

I saw that there is an accessory called Battery Buckle for DJI Spark that will prevent this kind of incident
2018-3-20
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Jo__McFly Posted at 2017-12-6 04:23
i use this:
https://www.amazon.com/RCstyle-Spark-Non-Slip-Battery-Securing/dp/B076WZVM89/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1512562972&sr=8-7&keywords=buckle-board-for-dji-spark

I have this and use it every flight...on Amazon look up "DJI Spark Battery Protector"
2018-3-20
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-20 16:44
I have this and use it every flight...on Amazon look up "DJI Spark Battery Protector"

Thanks for the info, great product will consider getting one.
2018-3-20
Use props
djiuser_NfgJCsVciUBX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118035 ft
United States

I've had my spark for about a month. I got the fly more combo and bought 2 extra batteries. I happened to read about the batteries falling out before I bought mine so I check when I change batteries. That didn't save me however. My battery popped out at aprox. 90 feet. It busted the frame, which I was able to fix, but I can no longer get a GPS lock. I've calibrated the IMU and compass and nothing seems to work. I contacted DJI, uploaded my black box info, but never heard anything back. It's been a week without word so I went ahead and ordered a new GPS. It will fly in atti mode, but cant get any altitude. Also the app isn't showing my altitude. The numbers change when I move it around but wont tell me how high I am. It just keeps going back to 0.0 in red. Any suggestions?
2018-3-24
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

I had this issue with the battery falling out and my Drone crashed. It was the old style battery with the smaller latches. I sent the Drone into DJi and had it repaired, new battery  all under warranty..
2018-3-25
Use props
JZMays
lvl.1

Iceland

Same thing has been happening to me. Both batteries. I always double check them now before flight but it still happens. Today from 15m and it landed near a stream and got wet. Has anyone got an official response from DJI on this?
2018-4-20
Use props
randomhero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67864 ft
Canada

2018-4-23
Use props
chamdew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft

djiuser_NfgJCsVciUBX Posted at 2018-3-24 10:39
I've had my spark for about a month. I got the fly more combo and bought 2 extra batteries. I happened to read about the batteries falling out before I bought mine so I check when I change batteries. That didn't save me however. My battery popped out at aprox. 90 feet. It busted the frame, which I was able to fix, but I can no longer get a GPS lock. I've calibrated the IMU and compass and nothing seems to work. I contacted DJI, uploaded my black box info, but never heard anything back. It's been a week without word so I went ahead and ordered a new GPS. It will fly in atti mode, but cant get any altitude. Also the app isn't showing my altitude. The numbers change when I move it around but wont tell me how high I am. It just keeps going back to 0.0 in red. Any suggestions?

hello what did DJI do for you?
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules