Care Refresh Upgrade Idea
1847 5 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
POTUS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

After owning my Mavic Pro for months and having logged several hours of flight time, I had a collision and ending up breaking my gimbal.  I was upset but knew I would be ok because I had purchased the Care Refresh plan and could get it replaced.  I was hoping I wouldn't have to become familiar with the process but now I'm awaiting the assessment of the damage and working with the team out of TX.  So far the process has been smooth and I'm hoping to be flying again soon.  

While I'm waiting for my Mavic to ship, I've been checking out the DJI store and checking out the Mavic Pro Platinum - and I had an idea that hit me and wondered if DJI has considered this.  From what I can tell the Platinum offers minor upgrades over the Pro and only for about $100 more.  But with most electronics I use, I really like having the "latest and greatest" when I'm purchasing items.  My idea is this: if someone is sending in their drone for repair and planning on using their Care Refresh plan to replace the drone - wouldn't it make sense to offer someone to pay the difference between the two and upgrade to the most current model of that drone.  This way, if they are going to send me a new Pro for the $79 first time replacement fee, I'd much rather pay $179 and get the Platinum.  In a way, by allowing customers to have the option to pay for the upgrade the Care Refresh plans would help future proof a customer's purchase and make the plan a better deal.  I'm not talking about making the jump from the Pro to the Phantom but keeping it with the same model type. It could be the Care Refresh+ with the "+" being the option for upgrades - or it could be expanded on the new DJI Select program.   

Just something I was thinking about and wanted to know if others had thoughts on this.  Overall, I'm very happy with DJI's products and I'm very excited about getting up in the air again - being grounded is no fun!   
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for bringing us the attention, we will transfer this idea to the related department let them know about the customers thought. However, we don't support to do so at the moment, appreciate your understanding.
2017-11-29
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think that is a great idea and would be an added encouragement to get the Care Refresh.
2017-11-29
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 21:25
Hi there, thank you for bringing us the attention, we will transfer this idea to the related department let them know about the customers thought. However, we don't support to do so at the moment, appreciate your understanding.

Thanks for taking the time to pass this up - I'd be more than happy to discuss it further with anyone from the DJI team.  
2017-11-30
Use props
POTUS
lvl.4
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-29 22:19
I think that is a great idea and would be an added encouragement to get the Care Refresh.

Thanks, yeah I figured I couldn't be the only one that would be interested in this.
2017-11-30
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

Great idea and DJI will make more money
We should have DJI Care renewal
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now