Need help linking DJI Goggles to Inspire 2
6897 19 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5d497390
lvl.2
United States

The Goggles manual give detailed instructions for how to link to the Mavic but not the Inspire 2.  I tried to connect several times following the Mavic instructions but without success.  Additionally I am using the Cendence with the Inspire 2.

Thanks for any help.

2017-11-29
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only the Mavic connects wireless to the DJI Goggles , use an HDMI lead with the Inspire 2 , the lead is supplied with the goggles.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Inspire 2 connects to Goggles via USB cable or HDMI cable, please refer to the following tutorial video, please begin at 1:20.
2017-11-29
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-29 23:19
Hi, Inspire 2 connects to Goggles via USB cable or HDMI cable, please refer to the following tutorial video, please begin at 1:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctc6aSclnw

When will goggles work with inspire 2  like described in the manuals?
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hurstja Posted at 2017-12-7 07:39
When will goggles work with inspire 2  like described in the manuals?

Hello, Sir, do you mean the Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal function? If yes, they have been available in the last firmware on 13/11/2017.
2017-12-8
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-8 02:12
Hello, Sir, do you mean the Head Tracking Flight and Head Tracking Gimbal function? If yes, they have been available in the last firmware on 13/11/2017.

Thanks for your reply, Mindy. Last time I checked, 25-11-2017 after upgrading inspire 2 and goggles: no go. Talked bij chat with dji on 27th of november. They confirmed and told me to watch your communications. I am in The Netherlands. Do not know if this is relevant. Should I try again?
2017-12-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hurstja Posted at 2017-12-8 09:38
Thanks for your reply, Mindy. Last time I checked, 25-11-2017 after upgrading inspire 2 and goggles: no go. Talked bij chat with dji on 27th of november. They confirmed and told me to watch your communications. I am in The Netherlands. Do not know if this is relevant. Should I try again?

I don't think they are relevant, as you can see from the release notes, the function has been added. release notes.png
Would you mind refreshing the firmware and trying again?
2017-12-10
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-10 03:57
I don't think they are relevant, as you can see from the release notes, the function has been added.[view_image]
Would you mind refreshing the firmware and trying again?

Dear Mindy,

Upgraded to V01.01.0300 and it is working now.

Thanks,

Jan
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hurstja Posted at 2017-12-14 06:54
Dear Mindy,

Hi Jan, thanks for your feedback, glad to know everything works now, please let me know if you have further questions.
2017-12-14
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-14 23:46
Hi Jan, thanks for your feedback, glad to know everything works now, please let me know if you have further questions.

Little question, mighty Mindy, how do you determine the flight distance under the avatar in this thread?

Merry Xmas,

Jan
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hurstja Posted at 2017-12-23 15:46
Little question, mighty Mindy, how do you determine the flight distance under the avatar in this thread?

Merry Xmas,

Hi Jan,
Merry Christmas.
Technically, the flight distance under avatar syncs the distance in your DJI Go APP, which you must sync the flight records in the APP to the server firstly.
2017-12-24
Use props
ADSbill
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-29 23:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctc6aSclnw

Hi Mindy
We have completely updated the inspire 2 firmware as well as the firmware for the goggles.  When we follow the instructions given by dji for linking, nothing happens.  Everything goes well until we press the link button on the inspire 2 to pair with the goggles - nothing happens.  And now the link between the remote controller and the inspire is lost.  Are we doing something wrong or is there a chance that the goggles could be defective?
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ADSbill Posted at 2018-1-14 10:13
Hi Mindy
We have completely updated the inspire 2 firmware as well as the firmware for the goggles.  When we follow the instructions given by dji for linking, nothing happens.  Everything goes well until we press the link button on the inspire 2 to pair with the goggles - nothing happens.  And now the link between the remote controller and the inspire is lost.  Are we doing something wrong or is there a chance that the goggles could be defective?

Hi, ADSbill, for Inspire 2, you just need to ensure the aircraft has linked to the RC and then connect the Goggles to the Micro USB port or the HDMI port.Please refer to the video below to link aircraft to RC.

2018-1-16
Use props
Kroolyk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi,
Anyone use the DJI Goggles with Matrice 210? I can not find any information about this topic.
Thanks for help
2018-2-2
Use props
Steve H i2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

Plug the leads from goggles into the new cindence monitor not the remote controller I found that worked
2018-2-19
Use props
Steve H i2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

I have to use both cables HDMI and head band charge cables that came with goggles to get the goggles to work with the inspire 2 or I cannot see anything through goggles?
2018-2-25
Use props
Thinglenn40
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448829 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will work with either the USB or HDMI cables. But to use the head tracking feature you have to use the USB cable.
2018-3-4
Use props
fans349b8468
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2463996 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy, I have the Inspire 2 and CrystalSky and operate commercially.  I was thinking of getting two pairs of DJI Goggles so tourists could experience drone flying in my area.  Is it possible to have my CrystalSky connected so I can still fly normally using the CrystalSky and hook up 2 sets of DJI Goggles as well so I could have say a couple experience the flight together?
2018-3-7
Use props
MavicMan5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398950 ft
United States

hurstja Posted at 2017-12-14 06:54
Dear Mindy,

Hello Hurstja. Im tosing around the idea of getting the inspire 2. I have two MPP's a two of the non racing  DJI gogles. Im curious if after updating the firmware, are you still required to use the hardwired connection?

Thanks

"Fly high and fly often"
2018-4-28
Use props
PITS Paul
lvl.2

Hi, i have tried both the USB and HDMI connection but here are the issues:
- with USB the Goggles say: connected, but nevertheless head tracking mode doesn’t work (I have cendence controller, inspire 2 zenmuse x7, crystalsky screen that’s I am not using while using the usb connection. All on latest update.
- with hdmi, I get no connection at all, tried connecting the goggles to my pc, that worked fine so the cable shouldn’t be the issue? I tried connecting the hdmi directly to the cendence controller and through the crystalksky screen, both should work according to the videos I have seen?

FYI: I have the patch antenne installed on the controller, don’t know if that might be causing issues.

Anyway, PLEASE HELP!!!!
2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules