Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
filters
785 9 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
concrete guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774954 ft
Canada

just wondering what filters you guys are using for night photography.  I would like to do one of those night still photos of my city from out over the harbour,

thanks in advance
2017-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Don’t think you will need filters for night time photography, try it without see how you get on.
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

hope it help   https://store.dji.com/guides/drone-nd-filters-work-and-use/

Long-exposure shots are relatively easy to take at night with a DJI  drone since their cameras are stabilized. Just set a low shutter speed  and press the shutter button. If you are capturing cars, boats, or any  other illuminated objects moving at night, you will end up with some  cool light trails like in the picture below. 003118l8887qi9j2zq6zuj.jpg
2017-11-29
Use props
concrete guy
lvl.4
Canada

thanks a bunch.  I will try the next night its not raining.  I am just outside the city so from my backyard I will see nothing but the odd street light and didn't want to make the trek into the city if i needed something special
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

concrete guy Posted at 2017-11-29 11:30
thanks a bunch.  I will try the next night its not raining.  I am just outside the city so from my backyard I will see nothing but the odd street light and didn't want to make the trek into the city if i needed something special

yOU R WELCOME !
2017-11-29
Use props
concrete guy
lvl.4
Canada

so I just looked a the pdf from dji and I think it has the controls backwards and definitely upside down.  so I am guessing the button with the red on it is to stop and start your video right beside the flight mode toggle and the one to open the shutter for long exposures is the larger one on the inside top right,  beside the button that has the pause symbol on it?  I am going into the city tonight and it is fairly calm and just above zero so I am going to try my hand at some night stills
2017-11-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

concrete guy Posted at 2017-11-30 11:28
so I just looked a the pdf from dji and I think it has the controls backwards and definitely upside down.  so I am guessing the button with the red on it is to stop and start your video right beside the flight mode toggle and the one to open the shutter for long exposures is the larger one on the inside top right,  beside the button that has the pause symbol on it?  I am going into the city tonight and it is fairly calm and just above zero so I am going to try my hand at some night stills

I wish you a good catch !!
2017-11-30
Use props
concrete guy
lvl.4
Canada

so I am guessing I have it right.....lol   so by pressing the button in and holding it should work like the old school cameras with the shutter release cable.

thanks bud
2017-11-30
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

No filters at night, you need all the light you can get.
2017-11-30
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

concrete guy Posted at 2017-11-30 11:35
so I am guessing I have it right.....lol   so by pressing the button in and holding it should work like the old school cameras with the shutter release cable.

thanks bud

I would not count on the button to function as you think, can't remember to have seen any bulb setting, you might manually set a long shutter speed.
Also make sure ISO is set manually to avoid too grainy shots, 800 would be max but i believe lower is better, all depend of the style your aiming for.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules