RTH button seems inactive on Remote Controller?
3766 13 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speedypickup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372024 ft
United States

Howdy, to all my fellow fliers, got another question for you's.  Sorry for all the questions, but you's have truly been helping me greatly and I much appreciate it!

When I'm flying my Mavic Pro, using my cellphone and the DJI Go app, I noticed that when I hit the button on the Remote Controller itself to get the drone to return home, it doesn't do anything. I have to hit the Return to Home function on the left side of my cell phone screen in the DJI Go app and then confirm my request by sliding the slide bar in the center of the screen.  THEN my drone comes back home as planned.

So, my question is, is this normal? Is it a default setup that when you have your phone plugged into the remote controller that it automatically cuts out the Return to Home button on the Remote Controller itself?  I found this out the other day because when my DJI Go app crashed, I wanted to bring the Mavic back home quick, but the button on the remote wouldn't work at all. So fortunately the Mavic just hovered in one place until I was able to restart the DJI Go app and then used the RTH feature on the screen.  Is this normal?

Thanks for all the help
~Steve
2017-11-29
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

Do u hold the button for like 2-5 sec? You can not press it quickly..
2017-11-29
Use props
Speedypickup
lvl.2
United States

Jffoto Posted at 2017-11-29 11:31
Do u hold the button for like 2-5 sec? You can not press it quickly..

Ahh, perhaps that is what I was doing wrong - I wasn't holding it at all - just a casual firm push and release.  Thank you, I will try this! Much appreciated!
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yeah, that's it. You need to press and hold it for about 2 seconds to initiate it. See if it works.
2017-11-29
Use props
Speedypickup
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-29 19:51
Yeah, that's it. You need to press and hold it for about 2 seconds to initiate it. See if it works.

Thank you all - that was the problem. I tried it today and it worked great, just by simply holding it down longer (when you hold it down longer, it emits a special little "chime"). Thank you!
2017-11-29
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

I recommend you have some quality time together with the manual. It can help a lot to just have your AC, the manual and open a beer and get to know eachother very well.
2017-11-29
Use props
Speedypickup
lvl.2
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-11-29 20:02
I recommend you have some quality time together with the manual. It can help a lot to just have your AC, the manual and open a beer and get to know eachother very well.

Thanks, but, to be honest, I DID read over the manual that I received - it was a quick start guide and it hardly delved into the details.
2017-11-29
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Speedypickup Posted at 2017-11-29 20:32
Thanks, but, to be honest, I DID read over the manual that I received - it was a quick start guide and it hardly delved into the details.

That quick start guide was just the wingman of this guy here. I recommend you sit down and get to him too.
2017-11-29
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

Speedypickup Posted at 2017-11-29 20:32

The quick start guide does not goes into real details as you mentioned.

That's why I suggested to crack a beer because the complete user manual is much more extensive. You can find it and download it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Hopes this helps, Happy flying and Cheers!
2017-11-30
Use props
Speedypickup
lvl.2
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-11-30 01:38

That's why I suggested to crack a beer  because the complete user manual is much more extensive. You can find it and download it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Thank you very much! I'll download that now! Much appreciated ;-)
2017-11-30
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-11-30 01:38

That's why I suggested to crack a beer  because the complete user manual is much more extensive. You can find it and download it here: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads

Thanks for the link. Being a newbie, I also was not pressing the button long enough.It makes total sense though, as an inadvertent push of this button could activate a not intended rth.
2017-11-30
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

Rickyber Posted at 2017-11-30 06:42
Thanks for the link. Being a newbie, I also was not pressing the button long enough.It makes total sense though, as an inadvertent push of this button could activate a not intended rth.

Exactly my thoughts when i pressed it for the first time, then tried to hold it down and it worked.
2017-11-30
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

Speedypickup Posted at 2017-11-30 06:14
Thank you very much! I'll download that now! Much appreciated ;-)

Always welcomed!

Fly safe and have fun.
2017-11-30
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

Rickyber Posted at 2017-11-30 06:42

Your welcome, hope it helps!

It's always key to get familiar with your AC and be able to understand what every single button does in the controller without the need to look at them.

For example, there had been many people who had got into troubles for not being able to trigger the stop button while in an automated flight mode. These AC are incredible packed with an outstanding amount of technology and fail safe mechanisms. But at the end, the PIC is ultimately responsible for the safe operation of the AC and must have a certain amount of familiarity with his/her equipment in order to be effective and be able to pull out of bad situations.

Cheers!
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules