12Next >
7418 55 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gluis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1066 ft
United States

I have the same problem like everybody after I did update the software to 4.1.18 on my epson moverio bt300 very laggi on Wi-Fi and OTG no working. So i got the OTG cable going the only thing i did was uninstall the app and reinstall the go 4 again and my happy face all working. Im going try the same on my note 8 tonight maybe that will work too for tablet or another android devices.
2017-11-29
Use props
Gluis
lvl.1
United States

OTG cable vs Android DJI Go 4 4.1.18

I have the same problem like everybody after I did update the software to 4.1.18 on my epson moverio bt300 very laggi on Wi-Fi and OTG no working. So i got the OTG cable going the only thing i did was uninstall the app and reinstall the go 4 again and my happy face all working. Im going try the same on my note 8 tonight maybe that will work too for tablet or another android devices.
2017-11-29
Use props
Gluis
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for double post if somebody can remove 1 that be nice
2017-11-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

So you saying you found a 4.1.18 with no otg problems.
The release date in playstore, please!

Edit: Just realize, the Epson is some google.
So waiting for the Note 8 test, then!
2017-11-29
Use props
TeyQuirisi
lvl.1
Mexico

Any news with your Note 8 and otg?
2017-11-29
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

When you say otg working... did the app show you the actual telemetry or was it N/A
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Gluis Posted at 2017-11-29 14:53

HI, Gluis. The situation was reflected. And we would recommend users use wifi connection instead of OTG. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-29
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

It seems that DJI had confirmed OTG was dead and will not support on Spark anymore.
2017-11-29
Use props
neldy
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-29 19:41
HI, Gluis. The situation was reflected. And we would recommend users use wifi connection instead of OTG. Thanks for your support.

Can i ask why? and if there is intention of supporting it in the future?

It seems like a fairly substantial hit to safety removing this feature.
2017-11-30
Use props
Gluis
lvl.1
United States

Follow Up:
Note 8 OTG Failure. No lag. Drone fly Ok but N/A on battery such is bad no safe to fly.
Using Wi-Fi did work just fine didn't test long enough but with the latest go 4 app update no lag noticeable.
Now Moving on EPSON Moverio BT-300 sorry for the bad information because I did  Recently a update
I thought it was version 4.1.18. but no it is 4.1.15 that is why OTG cable is working fine and everything else.
For some reason was no working before maybe they did rollback on moverio market to a working version.
2017-11-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Gluis Posted at 2017-11-30 01:14
Follow Up:
Note 8 OTG Failure. No lag. Drone fly Ok but N/A on battery such is bad no safe to fly.
Using Wi-Fi did work just fine didn't test long enough but with the latest go 4 app update no lag noticeable.

"Drone fly Ok but N/A on battery such is bad no safe to fly."

So you do see distance/height, sat, 5.8/2.4 informations in flight? I did not!
But I did see the flighttime indicator with RTH point and battery warning.
Which kind of helps out with the battery % not show.
That actually was the reason, that I flew it, the one day with 4.1.18, several batteries at different points.
Just only in very strict "ICU" distance!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

neldy Posted at 2017-11-30 00:47
Can i ask why? and if there is intention of supporting it in the future?

It seems like a fairly substantial hit to safety removing this feature.

Neldy, we does not support OTG cable as it is not fully tested. I think our engineers will work hard to improve the performance of app. Thanks for attention.
2017-11-30
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-30 02:09
Neldy, we does not support OTG cable as it is not fully tested. I think our engineers will work hard to improve the performance of app. Thanks for attention.

Dear Elektra,

Any news on the offline maps feature that was removed in the versions above 4.1.15+ ? Will it return or I will not be updating my app anymore? Phone: Oneplus 5T, I have no maps otherwise as the Phone will not connect to the RC on wifi if mobile data is enabled (sorry for the slight off topic).

Thanks!
2017-11-30
Use props
fans24c4a534
lvl.2
Flight distance : 535 ft
Italy

unfortunately you recommend huawey mate9 as a compatible device but with frequency at 2.4 loses wifi connection and without using the otg cable is no longer usable now what i do with previous versions had the same problem but i could use the cable and i resolved but now with the 18 ??????
2017-11-30
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

You have to downgrade back to 4.1.15 and not update.
2017-11-30
Use props
Gluis
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-11-30 01:39
"Drone fly Ok but N/A on battery such is bad no safe to fly."

So you do see distance/height, sat, 5.8/2.4 informations in flight? I did not!

No can’t see distance , speed, altitude
2017-11-30
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Please everyone!

We have a thread from the beginning where we discute this problem. It would be good if it was all together and not fragmented across the forum.

Since the beginning of the problem we have been discussing here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-120380-1-1.html
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

heightoffield Posted at 2017-11-30 02:15
Dear Elektra,

Any news on the offline maps feature that was removed in the versions above 4.1.15+ ? Will it return or I will not be updating my app anymore? Phone: Oneplus 5T, I have no maps otherwise as the Phone will not connect to the RC on wifi if mobile data is enabled (sorry for the slight off topic).

Hi, sir. Sorry that I have no idea about the precise date of restoring the feature of offline map. Please wait patiently.
2017-12-1
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-1 03:16
Hi, sir. Sorry that I have no idea about the precise date of restoring the feature of offline map. Please wait patiently.

Thank you for the kind reply!
2017-12-5
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just looking at the BT300's. They'll work fine with my Mavic Pro but now with the OTG change to Spark they will not work properly.

DJI, please get OTG "supported" with Spark sooner than later. It is a valuable feature.
2017-12-10
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-29 19:41

If OTG is no longer supported, then why does your Crystalsky mount for Mavic and Spark still indicate that customers should use an OTG cable to connect the CS mount to the Spark RC?  And why did DJI take this away???
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-12-20 05:44
If OTG is no longer supported, then why does your Crystalsky mount for Mavic and Spark still indicate that customers should use an OTG cable to connect the CS mount to the Spark RC?  And why did DJI take this away???

It has not been deliberately "taken away", it's a bug in the current GO 4 version. It still works well with the previous version .15 (also with the .800 firmware update) and the issue will be fixed as soon as possible.
2017-12-20
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 09:13
It has not been deliberately "taken away", it's a bug in the current GO 4 version. It still works well with the previous version .15 (also with the .800 firmware update) and the issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks, and specific to all DJI GO4 or Crystalsky?
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-12-20 09:57
Thanks, and specific to all DJI GO4 or Crystalsky?

All of the .18 ones for Android.
2017-12-20
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 09:13

Would be nice to get Electra (Administrator) in on your point since she stated earlier in this thread, "Neldy, we does not support OTG cable as it is not fully tested. I think our engineers will work hard to improve the performance of app. Thanks for attention."
2017-12-20
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Ignore the person who says it hasn't been deliberately taken away.
He knows no more than any of us.

It is not a bug, bugs get resolved.

If WiFi was best option they'd have put it on the android dji crystal sky product, instead otg is mandatory.
2017-12-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-12-20 10:02
Would be nice to get Electra (Administrator) in on your point since she stated earlier in this thread, "Neldy, we does not support OTG cable as it is not fully tested. I think our engineers will work hard to improve the performance of app. Thanks for attention."

This one from today and there are so many other even clearer ones from other DJI staff, just read the very many threads on the same topic in this forum and you will find them (look at post 23# here): https://forum.dji.com/thread-124741-1-1.html
And I really leave it to you whom you want to believe. Those who present facts or those who each day again intrude this forum with more than recondite conspirancy theories (without any facts) that seem to come from  conditions of whatever kind that are beyond my abilities to understand. And to be honest I don't care what anyone here believes or not, because for myself I am looking forward to what I know I can expect. And in the meantime I continue flying my Spark happily and enjoy very much doing so whenever the rainy winter weather here allows to do it.
2017-12-20
Use props
Mildman
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-20 13:03
This one from today and there are so many other even clearer ones from other DJI staff, just read the very many threads on the same topic in this forum and you will find them (look at post 23# here): https://forum.dji.com/thread-124741-1-1.html
And I really leave it to you whom you want to believe. Those who present facts or those who each day again intrude this forum with more than recondite conspirancy theories (without any facts) that seem to come from  conditions of whatever kind that are beyond my abilities to understand. And to be honest I don't care what anyone here believes or not, because for myself I am looking forward to what I know I can expect. And in the meantime I continue flying my Spark happily and enjoy very much doing so whenever the rainy winter weather here allows to do it.

"Those who present facts"

Indeed...the facts are that OTG did work, then DJI released an App 5 weeks that blocked it.  The facts are right there, indisputable.
Anything else is pure speculation, from ALL of us, including that incredible bug theory.

Why don't you wait until you actually know something before posting?  DJI Electra is just rolling out standard support rubbish, why do you believe that stuff?

2017-12-20
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Even IOS new update  4.1.20 got OTG issues..... I don't think DJI support was working on the issues
2017-12-20
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

What would be helpful -as everyone agrees there are many threads regarding the OTG issue - the redundancy could be avoided if DJI would place a sticky post at the beginning of this forum to explain their position and future support or non support of otg.

They have plenty of sticky posts for a lot of other items - this would cut down on the confusion and the need for so many new threads started - just a suggestion
2017-12-21
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-20 14:30
"Those who present facts"

Indeed...the facts are that OTG did work, then DJI released an App 5 weeks that blocked it.  The facts are right there, indisputable.

Agreed!

A software bug that somehow gets information on how the two hardwares (mobile device and remtoe) are connected and then blocks very specific functionalities...?
I pinpoint this and call it sabotage of OTG. Only remeining question is "why" This "security" thing, DJI keeps insiting on makes no sense at all. Why would a stable hardwired connection be less secure than one via Wifi?
2017-12-29
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-12-29 07:32
Agreed!

A software bug that somehow gets information on how the two hardwares (mobile device and remtoe) are connected and then blocks very specific functionalities...?

Here's the money. Spark with OTG is a competitor Mavic .. It can not let Dji ...
2017-12-29
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-12-29 07:32
Agreed!

A software bug that somehow gets information on how the two hardwares (mobile device and remtoe) are connected and then blocks very specific functionalities...?

I guess it depends on DJIs definition of "security".  I feel the same as you all, its totally illogical.
2017-12-29
Use props
Gulfstream Greg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176024 ft
United States

You posted this in Nov.  Is everything still a happy face or any new problems??       Mine 4 day old Spark disconnects from the Go 4 while im in flight!   :O
2017-12-29
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Gulfstream Greg Posted at 2017-12-29 09:13
You posted this in Nov.  Is everything still a happy face or any new problems??       Mine 4 day old Spark disconnects from the Go 4 while im in flight!   :O

With OTG or on Wifi?

Anyways... so much for safety.

PS: as of today, OTG will NOT support flight stats-display. You may fly, but you do so completely ba sight.
2017-12-29
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-29 08:37
Here's the money. Spark with OTG is a competitor Mavic .. It can not let Dji ...

But then... Why not just say it and safe Many, many support tickets ans flooded forums?
also it would be a bit less unsatisfying for the customer when he knows what's the deal.
2017-12-30
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Czechia

Ammpexx Posted at 2017-12-30 02:42
But then... Why not just say it and safe Many, many support tickets ans flooded forums?
also it would be a bit less unsatisfying for the customer when he knows what's the deal.

It's about marketing. If Dji wanted to have so Spark fuction from Mavic, OTG, Long Range video etc ... Everything in Spark is just Dji it forbidden .. Fortunately Dji does not have to limit us at any cost .. We have NLD MOD CLIENT !!
2017-12-30
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mildman Posted at 2017-12-20 11:20
Ignore the person who says it hasn't been deliberately taken away.
He knows no more than any of us.

Are you stating that a WiFi connection to the Spark cannot be established to a Crystalsky monitor? I've been connecting that way ever since OTG was taken away in the last update. Actually connects better than my phone or tablets.
2018-1-3
Use props
djiuser_bUff4CC
New
Flight distance : 48507 ft
Norway

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-30 02:09

Well the problem in my case is that wifi interference is makeing it hard to fly without the cable. It was bought with the understanding that using cable was the way to go. Now i cant us my spark and all the gear i bought for it. I can fly short range but loosing the connetction triggers return to home. Now DJI is worthless to me. I spendt alot of money and its been so many updates and limitations. I cant recomend this to any one. The store who sell this in Norway they are selling it with 5 year you can file a complaint and get my money back. They will lose money and that will again make DJI loose money. If you state you can fly the range you have and now its now even close to that then i can complaint and they have to pay me back. I think this will be the case lot of stores and contires. So i would do something about this problem and fix it. It will only reflect back on DJI if you dont. !
2018-1-17
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

djiuser_bUff4CC Posted at 2018-1-17 04:45
Well the problem in my case is that wifi interference is makeing it hard to fly without the cable. It was bought with the understanding that using cable was the way to go. Now i cant us my spark and all the gear i bought for it. I can fly short range but loosing the connetction triggers return to home. Now DJI is worthless to me. I spendt alot of money and its been so many updates and limitations. I cant recomend this to any one. The store who sell this in Norway they are selling it with 5 year you can file a complaint and get my money back. They will lose money and that will again make DJI loose money. If you state you can fly the range you have and now its now even close to that then i can complaint and they have to pay me back. I think this will be the case lot of stores and contires. So i would do something about this problem and fix it. It will only reflect back on DJI if you dont. !

If you want to use the OTG cable just downgrade to DJI GO 4 4.1.15 for android as the rest of us with this problem. There is a lot of people waiting for the fix for broken OTG connection. I totally agree it is putting DJI in a bad light (especially since it has been almost 2 months since they broke it...).
2018-1-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules