Appropriate take off spots?
910 4 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

New flyer here - Been doing test flights and have had success. so far.  Still have not taken the Spark out of beginner mode, though.

Anyway, all my flights have taken off from a field, dirt etc.  I've read pretty much everything else could really screw up your compass.  I took off from my pavers in my yard, which i know have no metal in them (i dug the trench and laid the walk myself).  No problems there, but a short flight.. wind kicked up and i landed.  

My question is this.. is there a list anywhere of confirmed good/bad materials to take-off from? I realize concrete and pavement could have hidden metal under them. But what about boulders? Beach sand?  Board walks?  Would putting the Spark on a box over mitigate any risk, provided the box was 3 feet high or more?  I always check my compass settings (in advanced) and confirm the location and direction of my AC before taking off.

2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, tvon. Please take our user manual as reference and do a preflight check before flight. Hope it can help you.
flight environment.PNG
pre flight.PNG
2017-11-29
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I launch from everything other than direct metal and haven't had any issues.
2017-11-30
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I launch from everything other than direct metal and haven't had any issues. It's good to be careful, but you don't need to worry so much.
2017-11-30
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Since some time ago, I always start with the drone in my hand.
Powering it on, starting, landing.
Just not in palm mode, but with the app and the joystick
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules