Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FINALLY!!!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

After 6 months and 3 weeks of waiting..... Crystalsky ultra bright has arrived.
And I'm off tomorrow, so you know where I'll be!!!
2017-11-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Please share your review of this ultimate display for outdoor flying.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Aeromirage, glad to know you received the Crystalsky, sorry to have kept you waiting for such a long time.
Hope you have a great time with it. And looking forward to your review.
2017-11-29
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Where? Where will you be?

Mark G.
2017-11-30
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flew 4 different times today and got an initial feel for the CS ultra.
I used to have a Phantom 4 pro + which could have stood to be a little brighter in direct sunlight. That is the reason I went for the Ultra. I did pick up a 5.5" high bright to use until the ultra arrived because I got tired of repeatedly getting warnings that my mobile device CPU was overloaded and the latency was terrible. (Was using an Ipad Mini 2)
     The 5.5" is the same brightness as the PH4P+. (1000 nits) Useable, but could use a bit more intensity in direct sunlight.
So, the Ultra finally got here. I did my primary tests with a Mavic Platinum because my batteries were all in need of charging on my Inspire2.
So, I compared the 5.5" High brightness directly to the 7.85" Ultra.  
     Nice improvement. Had no trouble seeing anything whatsoever. Larger screen was a help too.
Below is a picture of both taken in direct sunlight. The picture doesn't really show the intensity but it does show the difference between the two.
      No more hoods!! No more seeking shade!! No more glare!!
Latency is noticeably less than with the Ipad or Samsung Galaxy.
I flew tonight with my Inspire 2 and got some strange warnings. Something about maximum altitude reached (at 40 feet!!) I disregarded it and was able to go higher but warnings kept popping up. Maybe a FW glitch? I will refresh tomorrow. (No, beginner mode was not on. Max altitude is set at 200 meters. Multiple flight modes selected)
     Anyway, that is my first impression of it.
I am glad I got it and I'm sure I will get used to its nuances.
     I WILL NOT say it was worth the wait. 27 weeks waiting for an item that already has been paid for is ludicrous! I personally think that DJI needs to stop with these advance orders on new products. Release it when it is in existence!! DJI makes excellent products and this is one, but marketing practices and customer service need a serious overhaul.
     I was getting angry that my order was placed over 6 months ago and I was seeing them show up on ebay from other dealers. I ordered mine from a very reputable dealer (Florida Drone Supply) and his supply of them was sent to him later than other dealers. Not fair.

xxxjr.jpg
2017-11-30
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Thanks for sharing.

Mark G.
2017-12-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

How is the resolution of the screen, how many ppi there? I have similar experience with Note 8 on high ppi display. It is bright but the video feed from Inspire is not up to the same high resolution and I end up still not having a good feel of what is on the ground while filming. As I said before, the lowest denominator is probably the video feed. How bright and high resolution of the screen does not guarantee that you have a good vision of what is filmed. Wish that you can compare your 2 CS with note 8. In terms of size, CS 5.5", Note 8 6.2" and CS ultra 7.? ". In brightness, they are 1000, 1240 and 2000 nits, respectively. In prices, ?,?,?. Bring it on and which one is the best in value.
2017-12-3
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-11-30 18:40
I used to have a Phantom 4 pro + which could have stood to be a little brighter in direct sunlight. That is the reason I went for the Ultra. I did pick up a 5.5" high bright to use until the ultra arrived because I got tired of repeatedly getting warnings that my mobile device CPU was overloaded and the latency was terrible. (Was using an Ipad Mini 2)
     The 5.5" is the same brightness as the PH4P+. (1000 nits) Useable, but could use a bit more intensity in direct sunlight.

I am sure the joy of finally receiving it overrode the anxiety of the wait. Thanks for the review. Hopefully they will make a smaller version of the ultra bright.
2017-12-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-12-3 00:05
How is the resolution of the screen, how many ppi there? I have similar experience with Note 8 on high ppi display. It is bright but the video feed from Inspire is not up to the same high resolution and I end up still not having a good feel of what is on the ground while filming. As I said before, the lowest denominator is probably the video feed. How bright and high resolution of the screen does not guarantee that you have a good vision of what is filmed. Wish that you can compare your 2 CS with note 8. In terms of size, CS 5.5", Note 8 6.2" and CS ultra 7.? ". In brightness, they are 1000, 1240 and 2000 nits, respectively. In prices, ?,?,?. Bring it on and which one is the best in value.

Crystal clear. What you see is exactly what is recorded. I don't know the ppi but I think the feed is 1080p.
Very little latency at all.
2017-12-3
Use props
Tiger0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6804 ft
Canada

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-11-30 18:40

Hi! I would like to know where you got your bracket, seems very nice.
I'm glad you got your monitor, I'll probably buy one soon.
Thanks for your review!
2017-12-3
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Tiger0 Posted at 2017-12-3 11:42
Thanks for your review!

It appears, to my eye, anyway, that the contrast of the CS is higher than what is recorded. Just my observation, anyway.
2017-12-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tiger0 Posted at 2017-12-3 11:42
Thanks for your review!

That is a DJI CS bracket on the base plate of a Mav-mount.
2017-12-3
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

It would be interested to know the difference in video feed from the AC to CS and AC to DJI Go app. It seems CS is employing different technology in transmitting video fee from camera to RC.

DJI, is that any white paper on how CS works in video transmission from AC to CS?
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules