Dji Go 4 - Improvements for people travelling.
1203 8 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 147146 ft
Colombia

Hi DJI,

I've newly converted to the Mavic Pro from a Phantom 1 and am loving all the new features and the app. I am driving around the world and so don't have access to unlimited data.  With this in mind I would like to see a few additions to the app if possible.

1. Please bring back off-line mapping.
2. Allow the latest fly safe database to be downloaded through the app even when not connected to the drone.
3. Allow the latest firmware versions to be download through the app even when not connected to the drone.
4. Any feedback data you need from the drone to be stored in the app so it can be synchronised with your servers when next online.

For example I am in a campsite at present with quite a weak WIFI signal. When I switch on the drone I loose the WIFI connection, as do any computers or phones within about 10m of the drone. This obviously makes updates very difficult. Being able to download into the app independently of the drone would be a great benefit and would allow me to make use of free WIFI in cafes, restaurants and bars etc.

Are there any other users out there that would like these options?
2017-11-30
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

2/ Not possible ! (in the Mavic !)
4/ Too BIG ! for the phone...
Good flights !
2017-11-30
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

I'd love offline mapping! I have been currently testing my mavic near home, with strong wifi signal. I don't know what i would do when im on the countryside, regarding map data.
2017-11-30
Use props
Hotelone4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47320 ft
United States

I cache the maps of the areas that I fly before I go and they seem to stay cached for quite awhile, but I would also like the permanently downloadable. I have plenty of storage room on my iPhone.
2017-11-30
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Colombia

Albatros24 Posted at 2017-11-30 08:54
2/ Not possible ! (in the Mavic !)
4/ Too BIG ! for the phone...
Good flights !

"4/ Too BIG ! for the phone..." I guess that depends on your phone, I have 32 GB of spare memory in mine at present.  Last time I did a firmware update the app downloaded the update to the phone before it started loading it to the drone. - so I don't think the size is an issue.
2017-11-30
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194518 ft
United States

When traveling in China, the 'typical' NFZ's changed due to government meetings.  It would have been nice to know what the changes were for the region before I got out there.  Viewing NFZs offline would have been helpful and saved me quite a bit of wasted days
2017-11-30
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

@ Marcustuck
Try to recover the data with Assistant2 ...
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Marcus, for the first question, I had replied to another post that you had commented. I will repeat here:
1. As the offline maps server of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2. It needs to connect the drone to transfer the database to it. If you don't connect the drone, maybe the app will be not able to detect if the current database is the latest version;
3. The same as the 2, and it needs to connect the drone first to verify which drone is connecting and whether it has new update.
4. Like 2# mentioned, the files are really big, and it is recorded by the drone on the internal card. The app itself will record the flight record in it.
For your idea, I will also forward to our engineers. Thanks for bringing us the attention.
2017-12-1
Use props
Marcustuck
lvl.3
Colombia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 00:57
Hi Marcus, for the first question, I had replied to another post that you had commented. I will repeat here:
1. As the offline maps server of HERE Maps is unstable, we have temporarily removed this feature from DJI GO v3.1.23 for Android and DJI GO 4 v4.1.18 for Android. We apologize for any inconveniences caused. We will make this feature available in the newer version as soon as possible. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2. It needs to connect the drone to transfer the database to it. If you don't connect the drone, maybe the app will be not able to detect if the current database is the latest version;

Hi DJI Thor,

Thanks.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules