DJI CARE I FINALLY GOT A PHANTOM 4 PRO THAT WORKS
783 5 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

First I should note that I buy DJI care on any drones I purchase.
I first pruchased the phantom 4 pro when it came out in Novemember2016 , the first flight I had a RTH issue where the drone would shoot up 400 extra feet into the air when I pressed RTH , I had a difficult time overriding the RTH and finally was able to get it back and I sent it back to DJI for a refund , which took some time.
February 2017 , I read some articles where DJI finally fixed the RTH problems so I decided to order a new phantom 4 pro, it flew in the wide open spaces fine for a week and then one day it staring having obstable avoidance issues where the drone would be visiable and even though nothing was around it would give me warnings , I didn't think much of it until I took it to a city to do some cityscapes , I took off 100 feet from a building in gps green mode with obstacle avoidance and 5.4 ghz set on a non wind day , went up 100 feet in the air and 100 feet from my position and while the GPS signals were still green the drone started to drift side to side and the drone would not respond to my toggle movements . I pressed RTH and the drone came crashing to the ground. Sent it back to DJI and they claimed pilot errror "to much wind and to close to the buiding" I disputed their findings I had video recorded from the flight where you could see a flag that was completly limb showing no movemnet from the wind and also showed it was not close to the building. Finally after weeks DJI sent me a replacement and it to had major problems with the camera and gimbal and decided not to fly the drone anymore because I did not want to risk a crash and was unable to get any acceptable footage. Sent it back and DJI once again tried to charge me for a replacement and again I disputed the charge and finally after weeks DJI sent me a replacemnet with no charge . Got that replacemnet an had issues sent it back but this time around without much headaches DJI within two weeks had a replacement drone in my hannds a few months ago and the drone has been flying with almost no problems, finally able to do cityscapes safely and other then a few obstale avoidance issuse in open country the drone is doing great.

The only problem is my DJI care is set to expire in February even though my phantom 4 pro has been in their shop for repair or replacment for over six weeks , seems that DJI at least in my final case made major improvemnet in the turn around time for the repair so thumbs up , however they should extend everyones warranty or care plan for the duration the drone may have been in for repair.
One other note while the drone tells me to update the firmware I prefer not to do so as one of the problems I had with the phantom 4 pro happened right after I updated the firmware, so since it is flying fine I will keep flying with the old firmware.

2017-11-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Third time was a charm evidently!
2017-11-30
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only 3  your ahead of the averages!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sir, firstly, I'm on behalf of our service team to express our regret for the difficulties that you've been experiencing. And I am glad that your case can be finally said resolved.
However, we don't support extending the Care or Care Refresh duration at the moment according to the policy. But I will sure transfer your idea to the designated team to let them know the customers thought. We will do our best to keep improving our service, appreciate your suggestion.
For the firmware upgrade, we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
All in one, we hope you have a nice time with our drone, and please feel free to let me know if you have any issue at any time, we are here and glad to help.

2017-11-30
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

Well, here we go again another issue with DJI and Apple.
So I take a 6 hour drive to do some drone work on the aftermath of the terrible damage done by the firestorm in the Sonoma and Napa areas of California, I get the drone up in the air and every thirty seconds the DJI go app on my i pad crashes.
I go to the Apple store in Santa Rosa Ca and pick up an new phantom 4 pro and get out on location the next morning to discover I am having the same problem I spent an hour on the phone with DJI and they finally tell me ask me if i updated the latest IOS software for the ipad and I tell them yes , then DJI tells me that they have not updated the firmware so the DJI app will run with the new apple IOS.
ONE I am upset at the Apple store , I made them aware I was having problems with my phantom 4 pro when I purchased a new drone and two DJI should have been able to inform within a minute that this was the problem.
I returned the drone back to Apple the next day and am wondering when DJI will have new firmware out for apples new 10S.
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6bd3057e Posted at 2017-12-9 15:28
Well, here we go again another issue with DJI and Apple.
So I take a 6 hour drive to do some drone work on the aftermath of the terrible damage done by the firestorm in the Sonoma and Napa areas of California, I get the drone up in the air and every thirty seconds the DJI go app on my i pad crashes.
I go to the Apple store in Santa Rosa Ca and pick up an new phantom 4 pro and get out on location the next morning to discover I am having the same problem I spent an hour on the phone with DJI and they finally tell me ask me if i updated the latest IOS software for the ipad and I tell them yes , then DJI tells me that they have not updated the firmware so the DJI app will run with the new apple IOS.

Sir, just to verify, what's the current OS of your mobile device? The crash is caused by the IOS operating system and this issue has been fixed in IOS 11.2. Please update to the latest OS, uninstall the APP and reinstall again(please kindly backup all local files and sync the flight records to avoid data loss in advance). If no helps, please kindly offer the below information for further assistance. Thanks for your support and understanding.
1. APP version:
2. Mobile Device Model:
3. DJI Account:
2017-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules