Phantom 4 black and green video feed
1844 11 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BParsons
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my Phantom 4. I recently updated my drone to the newest firmware V02.00.0106. When I turn on my Drone and RC and plug the RC into my Iphone 6 (IOS 10.3.3) I am getting black and green scramble. Sometimes the colors change to an orange. My contoller is also blinking red and green very fast. I dont have any signal from the RC to the drone on the top menu bar on the app and the HD also has no signal. I have tried going to a custom channel but the app wont let me choose anything. I am using the DJI Go 4 app v4.1.18.

Has anyone had this issue?

2017-11-30
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

yes myself and from what i see alot of are and its frustrating because DJI isnt doing anything about it as far as i can tell so for right now im grounded along with alot of people.
2017-11-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you try relinking?
2017-11-30
Use props
surfnhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398625 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-30 07:08
Did you try relinking?

several times
2017-11-30
Use props
BParsons
lvl.1
United States

I also had tried relinking several times
2017-11-30
Use props
BParsons
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-30 07:08
Did you try relinking?

I also have tried several times
2017-11-30
Use props
BParsons
lvl.1
United States

***SOLVED*** I cannot take credit for this, it was from another thread.

Same problem here is how I solved this issue:-

1) Install DJI GO 3 app from Apps store, launch app (at this time P4 is off until I say)
2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft (SE and Standard are wifi, not sure if this would make a difference), using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.
3) Reboot RC, after a few minutes on shut off RC (not sure if this is really required, but it seemed right)
4) Open up DJI GO 3, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).  I had over 50% charge on my RC (btw)
5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.
6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3
7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success !!!!!
8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC.  At the same time I closed off the DJ GO 3 app.
9) Reboot the RC again. Mine complained at low battery so I did a second reboot and 3 white LED battery level lights came up as well as the RED LED indicating no aircraft bound.
10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 app and BANG.... full signals on RC and Video feeds and NO flashing red/green led any more just solid green.  So fingers crossed for her maiden flight tomorrow ( double fingers crossed)

I hope this helps others; note the DJI GO 4 apps does the same if you hold the 3 dashed lines for 10s or more.  I did not try this route to roll back the firmware on the RC.
2017-11-30
Use props
fansd3f543be
New

United States

This is awesome. Thank you!! No thanks to dji. Hope they don’t delete your post
2017-12-1
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

Can Assistant 2 flash the RC? i've always just used Go app, so i don't know.  -- I wonder if refreshing (re-flashing) 1.9.3 directly onto RC without downgrade would work the same.  ?
2017-12-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3exSXNknDvAu Posted at 2017-12-7 11:44
Can Assistant 2 flash the RC? i've always just used Go app, so i don't know.  -- I wonder if refreshing (re-flashing) 1.9.3 directly onto RC without downgrade would work the same.  ?

No the P4 RC cannot be upgraded using Assistant 2.

The update should work with DJI Go 4, but it seems the latest iOS version V4.1.18 cannot recognise the RC build so does not flag it as needing updated. Apparently using an Android device with 4.1.18 will work. Or as suggested previously, using DJI Go (for P3 series).

From DJIs R&D :-  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=154551
2017-12-7
Use props
Koula
New
Australia

I still have this problem, using an android phone.  Is there any way to solve it without upgrading the firmware?

I've tried reinstalling the app several times.

2018-4-27
Use props
CrashBash
New

Canada

Koula Posted at 2018-4-27 20:11
I still have this problem, using an android phone.  Is there any way to solve it without upgrading the firmware?

I've tried reinstalling the app several times.

I had this problem and tried reinstalling firmware, rolling back to old versions and nothing. Sent it into an authorized repair shop and the video circuit board in the camera was fried. Happened a little over one month after the warranty expired.
2018-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules